Canadian_Reaper

WoT new personal rating system

51 posts in this topic

Me neither, Interesting in that it seems very extremely WN8ish

The new rating will be integrated in the XVM mod and its services. If you like it, you can trust it to deliver the latest data using these enhanced algorithms. Please, don’t forget to update the mod.

lol...

so WG is endorsing the use of XVM

yeah once you've reached rock bottom why not take an oil drill so we can go even lower :drunk: 

Hopefully I'm performing trash enough to not be high

XVM? Second cancer of WoT and WG approves it. Can't wait to see tier XX with laser cannons.

XVM aside, WG has the ability to make the ULTIMATE rating system, fixing every flaw all the other rating systems had. 

I dont know just how much everyone cares about stats any more, but its a pretty cool change. 

9 minutes ago, Assassin7 said:

XVM aside, WG has the ability to make the ULTIMATE rating system, fixing every flaw all the other rating systems had. 

I dont know just how much everyone cares about stats any more, but its a pretty cool change. 

Do you think they keep the entire history of assisted dmg outside of API?

15 minutes ago, MacusFlash said:

They track how many trees we knock down . . . so, yes probably.

10 minutes ago, MacusFlash said:

No idea. 

My only real concern (that I can think of atm) is if they don't penalize arty, but give an increased score for stuns, it's going to make for a lot more stat conscious people play arty.

Performance Parameters

[...]

Battles survived: The longer you play, the more damage you cause, the more enemy vehicles you spot. And if you survived a battle, you most likely won

Errr, what? I mean, especially since caused and assisted damage are already factored in… And won't this make last guys go and hide instead of going for the "chances are infinitesimal but might as well try" option?

1 hour ago, Archaic_One said:

They track how many trees we knock down . . . so, yes probably.

I STILL want my fucking Lumberjack Achievement.  They announce it then just never added it to the game...

46 minutes ago, NightmareMk9 said:

I STILL want my fucking Lumberjack Achievement.  They announce it then just never added it to the game...

This.  I tried getting my ratio higher, but it apparently caps out...

Seems to not have an way to view overall stats. Looks like they don't have assisted api from the beginning of time, its all 30 day + increments.

46 minutes ago, Zepherex said:

Seems to not have an way to view overall stats. Looks like they don't have assisted api from the beginning of time, its all 30 day + increments.

If xvm will show a recent stat, then i wonder if it would be possible to game the system. In the first month I play 1( or the minimum required for the rating) random battle and make sure i do badly. Then the next month I have xvm camo. Rinse and repeat? 

The best thing about it it considers only player who play 6,5 tier or above so fuck you seal clubbers. At the same time this proves my idea that lower tier should not be allowed for players who have quite few games (>10k?) and all tier 5/6 should be instaunlocked after said number of games. 

Apparently for September 2017, I am No.1 on NA for the Tiger P lol. :minidoge:

1 hour ago, SolarflareGrenraven said:

is this active on the EU servers already? i hadn't noticed it

Not that I know of

7 hours ago, Zepherex said:

Classic overall is useless anyways and WG definetely does not have a history of expected values - so last 30 days it is.

1 hour ago, Balthazars said:

Apparently for September 2017, I am No.1 on NA for the Tiger P lol. :minidoge:

Apparently, I suck just as badly as I suspected.

My Issues with Rating System

1.  Interface is clunky and slow.  A lot of the information that goes into the new Rating system (and more) needs to be added to the Vehicle Statistics tab in columns (IN COLUMNS, NOT TILES!), such as DPG, Assist Dmg, KPG, Dmg Blocked, MoE # / %, and most importantly Rating!  I want to see the Rating of ALL my tanks at once, much more than I want to compare to my friends etc.  If this new Rating System does go ahead in a useful format, I suspect I'll still end up at 3rd party sites to view the data in a usable manner.

2.  Base Capture and Defense should be part of the Rating System.  Maybe with some restrictions such as Capture only counts if that's how the battle was won.

3.  I question the value of Blocked Damage in this Rating System.  Anyone can sit in a Maus and bounce a lot of shots, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's doing a lot to help his team.  In fact, once could argue that if you can angle, side scrape, or hull down in a lesser armored tank, and bounce shots, you're helping even more, yet the weighting system doesn't reflect this.

4.  I question the value of Survival Rate in this Rating System.  The value of surviving should be reflected in the 4 other parameters, so that it doesn't need it's own.  Not to mention that some really good players will sacrifice themselves, for the likes of getting a stalled lemming train to push a flank etc.

5.  Do we really need weighted co-efficients?  Why not throw those out the window and determine a players per vehicle rating by comparing to the average other players in that vehicle?

6.  Why is Win Rate not a part of this equation?  Nothing matters more than winning, and as we know, any one player can influence their Win Rate in the ~40 to ~65% range when playing solo.  Also, see #5. (compare Win Rates to other players).  If there's a concern about Platoon influenced Win Rates, exclude those if you have to; solo only.

7.  While I like that we can filter by minimum battle counts, and since a specific date, we are missing the ability to filter by last 100, 500, 1000, 2000, etc battles.  If I play 100 battles in a tank in September, and John Smith plays 4 battles in the same tank in September, that's not particularly valuable in comparison, so I'd like to see each of our last 500 battles in it, etc.

8.  I'm all for a replacement for WN8, but this isn't it unless some of the above issues are addressed.

8 hours ago, TAdoo87 said:

If xvm will show a recent stat, then i wonder if it would be possible to game the system. In the first month I play 1( or the minimum required for the rating) random battle and make sure i do badly. Then the next month I have xvm camo. Rinse and repeat? 

Fuck. I've only played 3 random battles in over 2 months and that makes me rather purple. 

5 hours ago, nabucodonsor said:

The best thing about it it considers only player who play 6,5 tier or above so fuck you seal clubbers. At the same time this proves my idea that lower tier should not be allowed for players who have quite few games (>10k?) and all tier 5/6 should be instaunlocked after said number of games. 

What if I like playing low and mid tiers? My primary goal in WoT is fun (yeah, I said that and I'm sober), not stats. 

It's possible to separate newbies from old players (it was even introduced but it works poorly). 

@moogleslam

1. Take a look at new missions interface. It's so bad that I don't care about events because I don't get what's going on. So it won't be a good interface for stats too. 

2. Simply make defense points doubled value. 

3. Blocked damage should have minimal impact on rating. 

4. Yup, survival ratio is a dumb idea. I have 45% just because I don't like my tank being a wreck. It doesn't make a good player.