Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ogremage

110 draw on Erlenberg

3 posts in this topic

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3848779

So initially I did a very unsuccessful poking / trading with Lowe & IS-3 and I'm not sure how much of it is me being bad at micro & angling my pike nose and how much is just them having better tanks for the location and me making a mistake of going there. In any case I lost valuable HP that would have been handy in end game and didn't do much useful.

Then I disengaged, did some somewhat useful things in mid-game, and in end-game went and felt like I got painted into a losing situation with no way out as time was running out.

One of my platoon mates suggested I should have tracked the T28 and went around him but I didn't see how that would work, given rechargeable repair kits and the soft, hilly terrain.

Ok I'll try to help:

1) While it is true you should go on the right side when spawned south, you were a triple platoon who could easily dominate the left flank if you crossed close to the red line, but going right was still fine.

2) You and your platoon mates made bad mistakes early on: the KR is fast enough to get an early spots (14:05) on slow crossing tanks and use some cover to get a hull down position, using the slopes; the Lowe or you should have taken the hill on  your right to avoid the silly engagement you had after min 13:00 where the three of you where so close but doing nothing. If he had gone where the 12t was instead of camping early on he would have had shots on the Pilot and  you could have won the flank with ease.

3) Lacking of the info about the enemy Lowe due to the KR non spotting your first bad trade was an ok mistake, but you lost so much hp fighting a Lowe and IS3 with cover and support from the Pilot that you should have never lost in the first place. That was very bad. It's an engagement you should have avoided by luring (backing up) those tanks to your tds behind you. Use the green tanks to your advantage.

4) At 500 hp you went back sniped and that is it. Not much to say.

5) You had more HP than your friend you should have taken the shot from the t28 and gun him down both, since you had enough. Also yes you could go around him by tracking him on the move and using your gained momentum  to go to his side.

Hope it helps!

It helps very much, thank you.

1) Good point.

2) True, I often go on that right hill but 110 has such bad gun depression that I chose not to.

3) Yes.

5) Yes I should have taken the shot from T28, but my friend tried to flank him and that was it.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0