Canadian_Reaper

French Heavy ST Stats

85 posts in this topic

0.33 accuracy + 2.2 sec aim time + ok bloom though, it should actually be very decent. Its bit like Type 5's 14cm except it has 0.07 better accuracy (lol), better GH and its on a faster platform. Type 5's 14cm would indeed be way better if it was more accurate and on faster platform. The pen is still a problem, though.

The 127 on tier 9 is horseshit tho, dunno why anyone would use it

2 hours ago, leggasiini said:

0.33 accuracy + 2.2 sec aim time + ok bloom though, it should actually be very decent. Its bit like Type 5's 14cm except it has 0.07 better accuracy (lol), better GH and its on a faster platform. Type 5's 14cm would indeed be way better if it was more accurate and on faster platform. The pen is still a problem, though.

The 127 on tier 9 is horseshit tho, dunno why anyone would use it

127 gun is an anti s-tanks one. 

WTF, only 8 deg of depression?  Come on WG aren't you supposed to give all new tanks at least -12 degrees?  

Actually, these tanks look pretty damn good, time for an E5 buff.

3 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

WTF, only 8 deg of depression?  Come on WG aren't you supposed to give all new tanks at least -12 degrees?  

Actually, these tanks look pretty damn good, time for an E5 buff.

Fucking hell, remember how E5 was considered as the best tier 10 in the game like less than year ago, and now the powercreep has gone so far that it might be in state of needing a buff. I mean, the cupola nerf came but the tank was already great with the shit cupola like it had before HD.

3 hours ago, leggasiini said:

RVFucking hell, remember how E5 was considered as the best tier 10 in the game like less than year ago, and now the powercreep has gone so far that it might be in state of needing a buff. I mean, the cupola nerf came but the tank was already great with the shit cupola like it had before HD.

It also had a lfp nerf too even bigger than the cupola. Today a 13 90 managed to put two full clips of standard apcr into my lfp. Sure it was my fault too but damn i cant even pen the flat side of a Maus reliably with a  tier X; and the E5 should have good frontal armour and shit rear/sides.  Fuck Murazor

So a 130mm French Naval gun gets almost as good gun handling as the Super Conquerors 120mm, with 160 less alpha, seems legit.  Plus it has more gun depression, fck me the Super Conqueror is not even out yet and they are already powercreeping it. 

On 29/09/2017 at 10:18 PM, GehakteMolen said:

First game Amx Mle 45 with 80% crew and no 75% first skill: 

Victory! Battle: Sacred Valley Vehicles: AMX M4 mle. 45 Experience received: 4.150 (x2 for the first victory each day) Credits earned: 55.227 Battle achievements: High Caliber, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

This gonna be expensive ._.

105 sprem I surmise ?

1 hour ago, tajj7 said:

So a 130mm French Naval gun gets almost as good gun handling as the Super Conquerors 120mm, with 160 less alpha, seems legit.  Plus it has more gun depression, fck me the Super Conqueror is not even out yet and they are already powercreeping it. 

We still dont know much about how well they will work in battle. The gun is only a part of the tank you have to also consider the platform too. Otherwise tanks like the FV215b would have been OP. Plus the Superconqueror is as hulldown monster while the French seem to be heaviums with good flanking potential. And considering the lower pen the naval gun has I imagine WG wants to play them as such.  Instead with the 120 they would become more of a allrounders. 

3 hours ago, nabucodonsor said:

We still dont know much about how well they will work in battle. The gun is only a part of the tank you have to also consider the platform too. Otherwise tanks like the FV215b would have been OP. Plus the Superconqueror is as hulldown monster while the French seem to be heaviums with good flanking potential. And considering the lower pen the naval gun has I imagine WG wants to play them as such.  Instead with the 120 they would become more of a allrounders. 

Tier 10 French heavy has 300 thickness turret armour and mantlet and most of it is sloped, 220 heavily sloped frontal armour, looking like a troll LFP (Liberte's LFP is 280 effective), 15 hp/ton with 40/15 kph speed, only slightly worse ground resistances and still gets nearly 2.4k DPM with the 560 alpha gun. It also has -8 degrees of gun depression, better hull and turret traverse. The platform is flat out better than the Super Conqueror in every way bar side armour. 

Then with the 120mm its got a faster aim time, more pen and is more accurate. So unless the gun soft stats are terrible it's better with the 120mm as well.

It just trounces over the Super Conqueror in every category pretty much.

It's an all rounder, as in all round better than the Super Conqueror and E5 in every department. 

Super Conqueror is quite bad tbh so its not really only AMX's fault its poeercreeped before release lol.

Like seriously, SC has notably worse bloom than Connqueror and its slower...

2 hours ago, tajj7 said:

Tier 10 French heavy has 300 thickness turret armour and mantlet and most of it is sloped, 220 heavily sloped frontal armour, looking like a troll LFP (Liberte's LFP is 280 effective), 15 hp/ton with 40/15 kph speed, only slightly worse ground resistances and still gets nearly 2.4k DPM with the 560 alpha gun. It also has -8 degrees of gun depression, better hull and turret traverse. The platform is flat out better than the Super Conqueror in every way bar side armour. 

Then with the 120mm its got a faster aim time, more pen and is more accurate. So unless the gun soft stats are terrible it's better with the 120mm as well.

It just trounces over the Super Conqueror in every category pretty much.

It's an all rounder, as in all round better than the Super Conqueror and E5 in every department. 

While I find it a bit useless to discuss a supertest tank (remember Kranvagen) there are many things we dont know or havent taken in considerations. 

Is the armor really good? It will work when you are facing someone head on but once you get a slight angle the armour gets  worse than an is7. And the upf looks like it is autopen for heat while the Superconqueror is immune to heat. And what about the turret? Does it have holes behind the mantlet? If angled can it still bounce or it will work like a Lowe's?

Do you really think the 130 mm is that good with 280 gold pen? Good luck penning a E100's turret because you will have a 50/50 chance of doing so when unangled. And lets not talk about the Maus or a Type 5 which could be hard to pen even from the side depending on the angle. And have we seen the guns's soft stats? I have not so i cant say but I can guess not great considering how bad the terrain stats are. Which will mean it wont go as fast as people think.

So yeah until i see this thing live i can only guess how it wil work.

There's no way they're going to keep that prem pen on the big guns, who's going to grind a HT line with a T10 that essentially can't pen other T10 heavies unless they have a straight side/rear shot.

IS7 has trouble (in the hands of an average player, I'm sure elite types are different) with 303 pen, 280 is a joke. 

Type 5's 14cm still has 282 gold pen after 2 years and that gun has much worse gun handling and 0.07 worse base accuracy on a slowass platform, so...

I really hope they buff the 14cm on Types some day, its still such s shit gun

5 hours ago, Canadian_Reaper said:

There's no way they're going to keep that prem pen on the big guns, who's going to grind a HT line with a T10 that essentially can't pen other T10 heavies unless they have a straight side/rear shot.

IS7 has trouble (in the hands of an average player, I'm sure elite types are different) with 303 pen, 280 is a joke. 

I mean it still has the regular gun to play with. The big one is just an "extra" gun that you could use or not.

Yeah, but the Type 5 with the 14cm is the Type 4's gun, it's just there if you didn't research it on the type 4, the 15cm is the "final" gun, the French line has the 120 as the already researched gun, and the 130 is the "upgrade"

I could be wrong (again)of course ( I really thought WG would have released the Chieftain by now) , but I don't see them leaving a gun that bad as the gun you unlock

https://thedailybounce.net/2017/10/03/world-of-tanks-supertest-amx-m4-mle-51-amx-m4-mle-54-pictures/

French SHTs coming this Christmas, along with the FV217 Badger.

I'd better get cranking on dem Brit TDs

6 hours ago, Vindi said:

So the line will come from the tier 7 amx mle, correct?

6 hours ago, hall0 said:

Most likely. But nothing is confirmed yet. 

Fuck me, and fuck that PoS abomination of a tank.

9 hours ago, Sidus_Preclarum said:

Good thing I already 3-marked it :3

I tip my hat to you sir, it was pain enough just to ensure it was at 50%.

It’s only a minor difference but it’s going to drive me fucking nuts if the amx 48 and 49 have different armor profiles

edit: oops I meant 49 and 51