Canadian_Reaper

French Heavy ST Stats

70 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, DHP said:

There an AMX 48 ? Did i miss something ? 

Oh fuck me I’m thinking of the 49 and the 51

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2017 at 4:02 PM, leggasiini said:

Super Conqueror is quite bad tbh so its not really only AMX's fault its poeercreeped before release lol.

Like seriously, SC has notably worse bloom than Connqueror and its slower...

Wat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, canadiantrex said:

Wat?

...Look at the date if the quote. That was when test server was on the first stage, where Super Conqueror wasnt really that good. It has -7 depression, way worse DPM and way worse gun handling than the Conqueror for some reason.

Then they buffed it on 2nd stage, which probably slightly overdid it, IMO. The -10 was not necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The models are up on 3dgamemodels 

Tier 8

3LjIfhk.png

 

kAAPcY8.png

 

 

Tier 9

KRqxyAr.png

 

WiSoEnE.png

 

Tier 10

NfIS3Hd.png

S6fZ24g.png

 

ELC EVEN 90, Recon Panther and Caernarvon Action X were added to supertest as well

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the 51’s armor is 10mm thinner than the 49,... but it’s also better angled, giving it ~300 effective ca HEAT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of the tier 10 front is resistant to HEAT which will be pretty keks

The armor of tier 8 is quite awful tbh, the hull is trash, turret has holes and that cupola is weak enough to be pennable by same tiers. Its also not very fast and the gun seems highly mediocre outside of 120's gold pen. That is the only saving factor for that tank IMO and I still kinda feel like its a placeholder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah but this tanks suffer from the same problem the Type 5 in the past or the Type 4 still does. Weak shoulders. If you just angle your tank slightly you expose this weak shoulders and you can easily get penned. At least for the T10 they should get rid of this weak shoulderplates and buff it to normal frontplate levels. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Armor models are on tanks.gg where you can see the model live. 

 

The T10 is basically an angle plate of 320 vs AP with lower plate at 260/270 it does have 2 weak cupola at 180 but they are far at the rear of the turret. 

The turret itself should hold at anything in a cone of 22°right/22°left after that the side of the turret is butter. 

 

vs gold round on flat ground the front plate it"s basically a 50/50 for most 320-340pen tanks. when it's hull down thought you are going to have to go for cupola or even the chin under the gun with some gold round. And has @hall0 mentioned you can't really angle. 

 

For a 15hp/t - 40kp/h it's a pretty nice armor might be a bit slower than the E5.

But you can't really hide the cupola with the E5 unlike this one.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DHP said:

Armor models are on tanks.gg where you can see the model live. 

 

The T10 is basically an angle plate of 320 vs AP with lower plate at 260/270 it does have 2 weak cupola at 180 but they are far at the rear of the turret. 

The turret itself should hold at anything in a cone of 22°right/22°left after that the side of the turret is butter. 

 

vs gold round on flat ground the front plate it"s basically a 50/50 for most 320-340pen tanks. when it's hull down thought you are going to have to go for cupola or even the chin under the gun with some gold round. And has @hall0 mentioned you can't really angle. 

 

For a 15hp/t - 40kp/h it's a pretty nice armor might be a bit slower than the E5.

But you can't really hide the cupola with the E5 unlike this one.  

 

It's faster than the E5 both forward and in reverse, and turns quicker on most terrain. True, the DPM is shit, but the gun handling is sex. All things considered, there's not much of a point comparing tanks to the E5 any more, which has basically become the hallmark of mediocrity. The Super Conq has better firepower all round; the 5A brings to the table speed and DPM; and now the Mle 54 gives you both speed and gun handling, not to mention all of these tanks have better and more abusable armour. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If only the 130 has better gold ammo...560 alpha heavium with a good GH is just sex...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah the biggest downside of the 130 is the goldpen. Give it ~320 and I will choose this every time over the 120mm. 120 is nothing special and the from WG promised dpm on this gun is a joke. Not just compared to the SConq but also to the 130. If a gun has an 100 dpm advantage over the alpha gun, I wouldn't call it a dpm gun at all. 

All in all I find this tank interesting and, if it wouldn't be for this powercreep tanks like 5A and SConq, I even would call it kind of balanced. It is definitely not OP but neither is it UP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They would also give the 120 something like +270 / 335 pen or something. Make it like Löwe's gun but at tier 10 - shit DPM + shit alpha but absolutely amazing pen and great gun stats that makes it super reliable.

I would argue that 130 might be better even with current gold pen because of 560 alpha, and 280 gold pen will be much lesser problem on live because you actually see tier 8s there. Atleast it has a niche with 130 - with 120 you just might as well play the Cyka Conqueror.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, leggasiini said:

They would also give the 120 something like +270 / 335 pen or something. Make it like Löwe's gun but at tier 10 - shit DPM + shit alpha but absolutely amazing pen and great gun stats that makes it super reliable.

I would argue that 130 might be better even with current gold pen because of 560 alpha, and 280 gold pen will be much lesser problem on live because you actually see tier 8s there. Atleast it has a niche with 130 - with 120 you just might as well play the Cyka Conqueror.

Yeah 280 pen worked great on type4 and type5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

Yeah 280 pen worked great on type4 and type5

The AMX has actually quite good base accuracy, good gun handling and practically enough mobility to be considered as a heavium, so it doesnt actually have to brawl superheavies all the time.

Type 4/5 14cm is shit accuracy, shit gun handling, shit DPM and shit gold pen all combined together on slow platform.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, leggasiini said:

The AMX has actually quite good base accuracy, good gun handling and practically enough mobility to be considered as a heavium, so it doesnt actually have to brawl superheavies all the time.

Type 4/5 14cm is shit accuracy, shit gun handling, shit DPM and shit gold pen all combined together on slow platform.

Yeah i know but 280 pen is shit. Hell 300 pen on the is7 is low and is7 is faster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, leggasiini said:

The AMX has actually quite good base accuracy, good gun handling and practically enough mobility to be considered as a heavium, so it doesnt actually have to brawl superheavies all the time.

 

This accuracy doesn't rly mean a lot when it comes to penetrating weakspots nowadays. Take Type 5 for example. The weakspots are very tiny and can only be hit reliable at point blank range. And even then your gold pen is only about 10-20mm higher than the spot you want to penetrate and take into account that this is only the case if the enemy is not angling his tank at all. 
To sum it up. You only have a weakspot that is only hitable pointblank range and if the enemy does not angle his tank and RNG-rolls fuck you up. Not very promising if you ask me. 

Same story with other Super Heavy Tanks. 280 is just not enough if you want to be competitive. You can't just rely on your teammates to take care of this pesky Maus, Type, VK or what ever. Sure you can stomp lowtiers but that is not your job if you are toptier. A toptier heavy has to deal with enemy toptier heavies, or at least he has to try. And with this new mm, WG will probably put this tank in the same group as the other very armored tanks aka Maus, Type, IS4, VK etc. So if the mm works properly you will face this super heavys on a regular basis and with only 280mm pen this wont be an enjoyable ride. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried it on the test server and actually found the 280 to be ok, due to the handling, mobility and your ability to trade without god awful DPM.

it's pretty mobile and is able to bully meds and lower tiers. 

Your issue is Maus. Type 5s and E100/JpE100 turret/superstructures. You want to go play this thing on med heavy flanks with hull down spots and hope that you can win that flank with enough tanks and HP to spare that you can mop up the Maus or Type 5 end game by surrounding them where pen doesn't really matter. 

560 alpha with a 2.11s aim time and 0.34 base accuracy is pretty hard to ignore.  That is scary for tier 10 meds and lower tiers. 

I also doubt this thing will be classed as an E100 or Maus, it'll be against the E5, or Super Conqueror, or 5A I reckon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/11/2017 at 11:51 AM, hazzgar said:

Yeah i know but 280 pen is shit. Hell 300 pen on the is7 is low and is7 is faster.

People need to remember that the 130 premium is AP. 

 

This is what the front of the IS-7 looks like vs 303APCR on the right and 280AP on the left

pDXAxoV.png

And what the front of the type 5 vs 303APCR on the right and 280AP on the left 

FmFaEcj.png

 

Obviously it's not dank 340 HEAT but it stand up for it's own vs sloped armor quite nicely vs 300pen APCR. Hell i've played the Kranvagn with 300HEAT i'll be happy to have 280AP after that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.