nabucodonsor

So WG devs do eat crayons. A new map on supertest that seems to be created by a toddler 

41 posts in this topic

Can't wait to see the stats on the Mario Cart blue shell consumable.

5 hours ago, Marty said:

I didn't say anything about how the map looks tho. The thing is, I am fairly sure that maps that are remade to HD need to be recreated from the scratch. Not just use better textures on existing models and replace old assets with HD ones, everything has to modeled again, every elevation change recreated, every bush placed in correct position etc. 

Also, this map is not really super early stage, apart from lack of proper textures on the temple (unique assets I think, had to be either bought or created, same with the totems) it's fairly complete. It has proper lightning, particle effects for the "volcano", lots of trees and buildings that are not essential for the gameplay, neither are the totems.

Just seems like a waste of time to me to do this when you're gonna create the whole map again when going HD, unless you plan to put it into the game before. There are however what, 5 new maps and probably even more reworks of current ones that appeared on supertest at some point and we haven't heard about them ever since, so I don't see this map making it into the game before HD maps.

You have no idea what you're on about. 

This is a bunch of pre-existing assets like perimeter mountains, trees, and lighting settings arranged on top of a placeholder terrain, painted with placeholder alpha blend for details like the road, and placeholder assets for things they don't already have (like giant pyramid things).

This is precisely how these things are prototyped and made.   We've seen similar early map screenshots released over the years, and I vaguely recall some of them making it to supertest in the same state.   Virtually every map looks like this at some point or other.

OP should be embarrassed over the thread title, honestly.

I don't understand why they'd make another Grand Battle map when that game mode doesn't exist. No matter how much I play 10s I can't get into a GB. 

17 hours ago, ThomChen114 said:

My immediate thought when i saw this was "April 1st is still some ways off, isn't it?"

but then again, maybe it will be done by then.

memewhile, i've still yet to get into a Grand Battle

My first thought was, "Oh look, a new map for Chaffee races."

What is this grand battle you speak of? April fools joke? 

5 hours ago, Tarski said:

I don't understand why they'd make another Grand Battle map when that game mode doesn't exist. No matter how much I play 10s I can't get into a GB. 

because you must play in superior RU server, da. 

14 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

what im wondering is why are there safety stripes on the edges of the boxes

Apparently Health and Safety were a pain in the ass for Pacific Islanders back then as much as they are to the world today :) 

The Ridge with the geysers and shipwrecks - nope.  

Berlin, like Himmelsdorf but hipper - nope.

Grand Canyon, 3D chess with tanks - nope.

Detroit - urban renewal with tanks! - nope.

etc.

These videos keep coming out and 80% are just 3 minute Youtube fap sessions.  

if this nsw map its in early stagd. Anwyay im happy to see new maps. Gib maps

This map has been in development hell for YEARS. I remember seeing pics of it from eons ago. And it's not even anywhere near finished.

WG likes to advertise/leak incomplete features like this even when their barely out of the concept stage. That's because it's a tactic to give their playerbase the illusion that they're actually working on something interesting, something to look forward to so they don't leave the game out of boredom. Every few weeks/months they'll scramble through their "stuff that we've been planning forever but will probably not finish until 5 years from now" list and grab something flashy and then leak it so idiot players will see the "news" and go OH SHINY NEW CONTENT I CAN'T WAIT.

17 hours ago, Embiggener said:

You have no idea what you're on about. 

This is a bunch of pre-existing assets like perimeter mountains, trees, and lighting settings arranged on top of a placeholder terrain, painted with placeholder alpha blend for details like the road, and placeholder assets for things they don't already have (like giant pyramid things).

This is precisely how these things are prototyped and made.   We've seen similar early map screenshots released over the years, and I vaguely recall some of them making it to supertest in the same state.   Virtually every map looks like this at some point or other.

OP should be embarrassed over the thread title, honestly.

I regret nothing XD. 

Frankly the map is shit not because of how it looks (altough i find it stupid to see tanks fighting  in a volcano for a tiki tiki island) but for how it would play. They think that if a map looks cool it means it is an enjoyable map which is bullshit, for the same reason I am not excited by the HD maps i have seen up to now. If they think they can just slightly touch stupid maps Mountain Pass or broken like Airfield they are wrong. 

Cool shiny things are cool for kids, no to me. I want maps that are fun to play. 

I'm not saying it's going to be a map that is fun or plays well, I'm simply pointing out that the aesthetics of the prototype are a complete non-issue.

Looks like an AW map, the one that is on an island and you can go into the water in a lot of areas. 

dat tunnel

only true skyjew arty safe place :bigdoge:

11 minutes ago, Strigonx said:

dat tunnel

only true arty safe place :bigdoge:

InB4 TD Mode > HE Pen on Cupola/Turret Ring > Tears

memes map?

i am sure wg make jokes map while they are boring to debug /fixing their game.