ThomChen114

9.20.1 2nd CT Updates

58 posts in this topic

Source: TAP

Conqueror
Depression of the OQF 32-pdr Gun Mk. II with the Conqueror Mk. II is increased from -7 to -10 degrees.
Depression of the OQF 32-pdr Gun Mk. II with the Conqueror Mk. II ABP is increased from -7 to -10 degrees.
Depression of 120 mm Gun L1A1 with the Conqueror Mk. II ABP increased from -7 to -10 degrees.

Super Conqueror
Dispersion on hull movement reduced by 25% (0.16 to 0.12, FV215b is currently 0.08)
Dispersion on hull rotation reduced by 20% (0.1 to 0.08, FV215b is currently 0.1)
Dispersion on turret rotation reduced by 29% (0.14 to 0.1, FV215b is currently 0.08)
Reload time decrease from 9.3 to 8.7s (FV215b is 8.7s currently)
Health buffed from 2350 to 2400 (FV215b is 2500)
Changed the gun depression angle of the 120 mm Gun L1A1 for the Conqueror Mk. II ABP turret from -7 to -10 degrees.
 

Conway
Top speed reduced from 50 to 40 km / h.
Reverse speed reduced from 20 to 15 km / h.
 

FV4005
Speeds are now same as live server.
 

FV4202
Changed turret armor. Reverted turret armor buffs to 9.20 levels.
 

Type 59
Increased shell capacity from 34 to 50.
 

FV215b (X)
Received an HD model.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well fuck, looks like Caern is gonna make it to live.

Well, it was a fun ride IS3.

 

Also 215B HD, wonder if it has the same 300mm hull bulge as the superC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any translation errors because I saw sth different on Rita's blog?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Unavailebow said:

Any translation errors because I saw sth different on Rita's blog?

the only error is you reading that blog :eww:

 

30 minutes ago, CarbonWard said:

Also 215B HD, wonder if it has the same 300mm hull bulge as the superC.

screenshots of armour model were posted on reddit: https://imgur.com/a/Rrkpe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, Super Conq went from dog shit to borderline OP, nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

250 000 xp to caernavon

well there goes my cw gold :MingLee:

 

5,45 s reload, almost 3100 dpm though:kreygasm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goodbye 3M credits :feelsbad:

Same dpm as the 215b on the super conq, I guess I'll have to keep it xD

Also HD model on fv? Yes pls :disco:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WhatTheSkara said:

Also HD model on fv? Yes pls :disco:

That's what got me the most excited :boner:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm Super Conqueror actually became worth to play after this. Because it was pretty shitty before. Gun will still not be FV levels but it's much closer. And I might have to rebuy the Caernarvon! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ThomChen114 said:

Source: TAP

Conqueror
Depression of the OQF 32-pdr Gun Mk. II with the Conqueror Mk. II is increased from -7 to -10 degrees.
Depression of the OQF 32-pdr Gun Mk. II with the Conqueror Mk. II ABP is increased from -7 to -10 degrees.
Depression of 120 mm Gun L1A1 with the Conqueror Mk. II ABP increased from -7 to -10 degrees.

Super Conqueror
Dispersion on hull movement reduced by 25% (0.16 to 0.12, FV215b is currently 0.08)
Dispersion on hull rotation reduced by 20% (0.1 to 0.08, FV215b is currently 0.1)
Dispersion on turret rotation reduced by 29% (0.14 to 0.1, FV215b is currently 0.08)
Reload time decrease from 9.3 to 8.7s (FV215b is 8.7s currently)
Health buffed from 2350 to 2400 (FV215b is 2500)
Changed the gun depression angle of the 120 mm Gun L1A1 for the Conqueror Mk. II ABP turret from -7 to -10 degrees.
 

Conway
Top speed reduced from 50 to 40 km / h.
Reverse speed reduced from 20 to 15 km / h.
 

FV4005
Speeds are now same as live server.
 

FV4202
Changed turret armor. Reverted turret armor buffs to 9.20 levels.
 

Type 59
Increased shell capacity from 34 to 50.
 

FV215b (X)
Received an HD model.

You forgot to mention the MM changes that will now consider subclass paring, like a Maus will be paired with a superheavy (Maus, e100 and Pz7) and so on. This is good news for once.

 

2 hours ago, CarbonWard said:

Well fuck, looks like Caern is gonna make it to live.

Well, it was a fun ride IS3.

Are you sure? Caer turret is not that great since i can be penned 50% of the time on avg (some areas more some less) by is3's gold, even when hulldown and using all of it's gun depression. I get that 1k more dpm is great but to say the IS-3 is flat out worse is a bit too much. I'd like to hear your opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nabucodonsor said:

Are you sure? Caer turret is not that great since i can be penned 50% of the time on avg (some areas more some less) by is3's gold, even when hulldown and using all of it's gun depression. I get that 1k more dpm is great but to say the IS-3 is flat out worse is a bit too much. I'd like to hear your opinion.

High dpm all-rounder heaviums are always a better choice than a seemed "op"-ish heavy tank, because you have more map control.

Is-3 has a higher "fear-factor" but many average players will bleed out at the beggining of a battle because they will not notice that 280 avg....

So basically for SH and CW is3 is better for hulldown maps but in others, we will see many defender - 4 caern etc combos..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tfw u wanna dpgwhore on conq and will be better next patch but FV215b means u have to do it now ><

bye 4,5k conq :feelsbad: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I miss the previous version of the T110E5. The Super Conq just makes me sad now with the turret armor and gun depression

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, TheMarine0341 said:

I miss the previous version of the T110E5. The Super Conq just makes me sad now with the turret armor and gun depression

You can always shoot the Super Conquerers cupola with HEAT for the good old E5-feeling :minidoge:

 

But seriously, Super-Conquerer went from "meh" to "super" in one patch, gotta love that sledge-hammer balancing...

Well, you have to make those pubbies spend those juicy free exp I guess for them to access the OP-flavor of the month before it gets powercreeped to hell I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vindi said:

High dpm all-rounder heaviums are always a better choice than a seemed "op"-ish heavy tank, because you have more map control.

Is-3 has a higher "fear-factor" but many average players will bleed out at the beggining of a battle because they will not notice that 280 avg....

So basically for SH and CW is3 is better for hulldown maps but in others, we will see many defender - 4 caern etc combos..

K had not considered that. Thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ThomChen114 said:

Super Conqueror
Dispersion on hull movement reduced by 25% (0.16 to 0.12, FV215b is currently 0.08)
Dispersion on hull rotation reduced by 20% (0.1 to 0.08, FV215b is currently 0.1)
Dispersion on turret rotation reduced by 29% (0.14 to 0.1, FV215b is currently 0.08)

Pretty sure this is a typo or translation error. Dispersion on hull rotation was increased by 20% from 0.10 to 0.12. The Super Conq's dispersion stats are now the same as the Conqueror.

Looks like tanks.gg 9.20.1 data has been updated with the second iteration stats now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meanwhile, the tier 8-10 US heavies haven't been getting much love recently.

inb4 they all get 155mm boomsticks for balance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ThomChen114 said:

Source: TAP

Conqueror
Depression of the OQF 32-pdr Gun Mk. II with the Conqueror Mk. II is increased from -7 to -10 degrees.
Depression of the OQF 32-pdr Gun Mk. II with the Conqueror Mk. II ABP is increased from -7 to -10 degrees.
Depression of 120 mm Gun L1A1 with the Conqueror Mk. II ABP increased from -7 to -10 degrees.

Super Conqueror
Dispersion on hull movement reduced by 25% (0.16 to 0.12, FV215b is currently 0.08)
Dispersion on hull rotation reduced by 20% (0.1 to 0.08, FV215b is currently 0.1)
Dispersion on turret rotation reduced by 29% (0.14 to 0.1, FV215b is currently 0.08)
Reload time decrease from 9.3 to 8.7s (FV215b is 8.7s currently)
Health buffed from 2350 to 2400 (FV215b is 2500)
Changed the gun depression angle of the 120 mm Gun L1A1 for the Conqueror Mk. II ABP turret from -7 to -10 degrees.
 

Conway
Top speed reduced from 50 to 40 km / h.
Reverse speed reduced from 20 to 15 km / h.
 

FV4005
Speeds are now same as live server.
 

FV4202
Changed turret armor. Reverted turret armor buffs to 9.20 levels.
 

Type 59
Increased shell capacity from 34 to 50.
 

FV215b (X)
Received an HD model.

So the 4202 gets reverted armor buffs but still gets speed buffs? So essentially it becomes a pilot?

I don't get the Conway speed nerf. Was it that good? I'm sad. I kept mine for the buffs.

4005 - well I'm surprised. WG didn't overbuff a tank. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vindi said:

High dpm all-rounder heaviums are always a better choice than a seemed "op"-ish heavy tank, because you have more map control.

Is-3 has a higher "fear-factor" but many average players will bleed out at the beggining of a battle because they will not notice that 280 avg....

So basically for SH and CW is3 is better for hulldown maps but in others, we will see many defender - 4 caern etc combos..

The IS-3 is the poster boy heavium, and just like Defender is all hype, this buffed Caern wont be as good as IS3 either (90% WG will nerf something before it goes live, like cutting the dpm with 2 rounds / min or doubling the terrain resistance)

Thus, the IS3 is the King, and the rest are filty peasants, some peasants took a shower and got some luck in life, but once a filty peasant always a filty peasant

20161201-113327_611200975.jpg

ps: i know a unicum with a defender, and hes always hating on it, sure he wins +70% (after 200 games and many solo) but he calls it: an overrated pos only good for blue try hards and plain inferior to the glorious IS3.

so call me sceptical, but i bet in 6 months nobody thinks the caern is better as the IS3, the IS3 has been the best for as long as its in the game, and it will probably stay they way (and else WG will just buff it) 3 weeks after it stops being the best...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GehakteMolen said:

The IS-3 is the poster boy heavium, and just like Defender is all hype, this buffed Caern wont be as good as IS3 either (90% WG will nerf something before it goes live, like cutting the dpm with 2 rounds / min or doubling the terrain resistance)

Thus, the IS3 is the King, and the rest are filty peasants, some peasants took a shower and got some luck in life, but once a filty peasant always a filty peasant

 

ps: i know a unicum with a defender, and hes always hating on it, sure he wins +70% (after 200 games and many solo) but he calls it: an overrated pos only good for blue try hards and plain inferior to the glorious IS3.

so call me sceptical, but i bet in 6 months nobody thinks the caern is better as the IS3, the IS3 has been the best for as long as its in the game, and it will probably stay they way (and else WG will just buff it) 3 weeks after it stops being the best...

@RichardNixon do we have win rate curves for the Defender? I get a strange feeling this might be a similar case as with the is4 - a tank that is frustrating to play so purples underrate it because they don't feel in control despite it being good for wining games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hazzgar said:

So the 4202 gets reverted armor buffs but still gets speed buffs? So essentially it becomes a pilot?

 

 

Pilot has still has better gun handling by a mile and  a better turret. Also pilot ammo is less than half the price.  FV4202 will remain inferior to almost all tier8 tanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Vindi said:

High dpm all-rounder heaviums are always a better choice than a seemed "op"-ish heavy tank, because you have more map control.

Is-3 has a higher "fear-factor" but many average players will bleed out at the beggining of a battle because they will not notice that 280 avg....

So basically for SH and CW is3 is better for hulldown maps but in others, we will see many defender - 4 caern etc combos..

Caernarvon goes 34kph with not great hp/ton now, it's far from a heavium. It's basically now a Patriot with more DPM but worse mobility and hull armour. Can't see it replacing an IS3, which has all round armour, low tier bullying ability, good mobility, alpha, and a turret that can troll tier 10 prem rounds and good soft stats for it's gun. For the crappy corridor maps and city maps the IS3 is a much better tank. 

I'm not getting the fuss the Caernarvon, sure it gets better but it's crap currently, and the DPM is a nice meme but it's an over rated stat compared to alpha. The tank is still huge, it's lost it's excellent gun handling, the LFP is still trash and I really didn't like the shell velocity on test, that gun feels like it is firing potatoes. 

Overall changes seem ok, not sure the Conway needed to be slower, the Shitbarn change was actually sensible from WG for once, it won't be able to rush forward to plonk 1750 alpha into meds/light getting into position.

The 4202 will still be shit, it offers nothing over an STA-2 or Pilot or KR really. 

Super COnqueror, hmmn it needed something but they might have gone too far, not sure it needed -10 gun depression.

And now the Conqueror gets it too, makes -10 gun depression less and less special. Annoying the weakspot has been left on the 215b. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Patriot has 2.1k base dpm.

Caern has 2.7k with 16% with 16% more alpha.

Caern and patriot doesn't even close to being on the same level despite filling the same role.

22 minutes ago, TohtoriP said:

Pilot has still has better gun handling by a mile and  a better turret. Also pilot ammo is less than half the price.  FV4202 will remain inferior to almost all tier8 tanks.

They want you to buy that new Caern AX, how else were they gonna sell a new prem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.