SolarflareGrenraven

Why when i ask a perfectly sensible question in the american vehicle section about an american vehicle is it closed down?

33 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am curious, since when do the moderators close down a forum thread which is put in the right section just

because it may or may not have been discussed in the official forums?

I was under the impression a WOT based forum was for discussing WOT based subject matter?

According to one of the moderators this isn't the case?

Is it wrong to ask the members of the forum their opinion on a tank that has been recently buffed?

I wonder if this will be binned and closed too??

Regards

Paul

Your question was: Is a better gun on m46 better than the stock one which is not so good?

Let that sink in

your post started off sounding interesting.

and then it ended up being "is the top gun better than the stock gun?"

I mean, if you can't figure out something like that yourself within about 50 battles in this game, theres something seriously wrong.

Also, IIRC only the turret was buffed. not the gun. 

also also, this thread is SURELY going to win you even more favour with the mods. 

I'd like to let the community answer these questions sarcastically Paul, so I will be very literal.

I want the record to show that the M46 Fan Club thread isn't even off the 1st page of the USA vehicles subforum. The moderators close down duplicate threads, perhaps with the exception of Shenanigans. Kudos on putting your question in the right subforum, but see previous clarification.

The thread was closed because it was of official forum quality - in the question contains lurks the assumption that you're considering not playing the tank to its fullest extent, which isn't really what we're all about. One step further down the scale is "Should I use the 105mm HE gun on the Patton because it does more damage than the 90mm?". There is also the shadow of the assumption that your goal is to reach the M48 ASAP, which is also a bit of a failure of understanding WoT and this forum's relation to WoT. 

This is a WoT forum for discussing WoT subject matter. But not all subject matter, such as most of the content of the official forums, and in this case, your question as phrased. If phrased and added to the M46 Fan Club as "I am grinding with the 90mm and looking forward to the 105mm, how good is the upgrade? How is everyone liking the Patton after the turret buff?" - then that would be a good contribution. I'd personally be interested in what opinions you might gather, and might even hope that someone had some fresh armor use ratios to share. 

And finally, good job putting this in the Newbie section - your other thread indicates you've missed something about the culture and intent of this forum, so this was a good place to clear things up. I noted that you've got less than 50 posts, and I didn't check your registration date, and I don't REALLY expect everyone to fully immerse themselves in this forum's culture right off the bat. Your tone here is a little huffy, but you didn't go full entitlord, so I guess thats fine also. This is a good subforum to try to educate new users on whats what about Wotlabs, so its unlikely to be binned, unless we really get off the rails. I might even pin it, due to the work I've put into my reply :epicsaxguy:

In fairness having reread my post what I asked was how much better does the top gun perform... Not as some of you have said... Is it better.. Obviously its better but I was asking peoples thoughts on how much of an improvement it would be.

I also did not imply at all that I was planning to skip it... So im not sure where that came from?

And where in "is the m48a1 an improvement tier for tier" does it imply I want to bypass the m46? I was merely asking if its a good tank...

To me you seem to have made too many vague assumptions about my intent without even asking a question...

Anyway I wont be bothering to post any further as im clearly not on your wavelengths

Really, you could have just asked the question in the existing M46 thread and I think it would have been OK.  It took me a while to get that wotlabs is in some ways the opposite of many forums in that they WANT you to top old threads and keep like discussions in one place as sort of an archival mechanism.  Obviously on many other forums, topping old threads is forbidden.  My rule of thumb is that if there is a topic on the first 2-3 pages, then I'll recycle it rather than starting a new one.  It takes a little longer to search, but the searching usually leads to reading, reading leads to learning, and learning is the path to the not-dark side.

Secondly, while there are a few instances where the hipsters might use a non top gun to good effect (T29, E50), for the most part asking wotlabbers if you can get away with driving around in a stock tank and burden others with carrying you through a grind is . . . well, this.  

I don't think your heart was in the wrong place and I don't think you are a pub-forum sperge lord come to fling poo on us.  Just understand that when it comes to game content questions, its very different here and quality >>>> everything else.  Unless its T49 buttsex content, then size does matter.

48 minutes ago, SolarflareGrenraven said:

To me you seem to have made too many vague assumptions about my intent without even asking a question...

@CraBeatOff made an informed assumption based on years of experience. 

48 minutes ago, SolarflareGrenraven said:

Anyway I wont be bothering to post any further as im clearly not on your wavelengths

Given this response, I believe @CraBeatOff's intuition was spot on. Enjoy the official forums!

PS - The M46 is solidly in my top 5 favorite tanks, but playing it stock is for shitters. Free XP the gun. Otherwise, you're just grinding a 47% win rate. Also, even with the buffs, I don't think anyone is going to argue that the M48 is better tier-for-tier.

26 minutes ago, monjardin said:

PS - The M46 is solidly in my top 5 favorite tanks, but playing it stock is for shitters. Free XP the gun. Otherwise, you're just grinding a 47% win rate. 

29 minutes ago, Archaic_One said:

Secondly, while there are a few instances where the hipsters might use a non top gun to good effect (T29, E50), for the most part asking wotlabbers if you can get away with driving around in a stock tank and burden others with carrying you through a grind is . . . well, this.  

I am not just driving around in it stock which i thought i had cleared up earlier in the thread? i am grinding the tank and have not yet got to this gun...

And free xping 68k of experience isn't something i can afford to do at the moment

Sorry if that makes me a burden but at the end of the day i have kids and a family and i spend the money i can spare on premium account time..i don't have the money to free xp through tanks like you obviously have..

9 minutes ago, SolarflareGrenraven said:

Sorry if that makes me a burden but at the end of the day i have kids and a family and i spend the money i can spare on premium account time..i don't have the money to free xp through tanks like you obviously have..

Well, that was an unnecessary jab, but I'll answer your question.  Yes, it makes an enormous difference - an M46 with stock gun is basically a tier 8.5 Pershing with more HP.  With  the top gun it becomes the statpadding tool of choice for the discerning redline pubby purple wannabe, easily able to pump out damage faster than most tier Xs.  I'm sorry I tried to be nice before, I'm sorry I have a good job and can afford some gold, and I'm sorry you don't get that something as simple as "is the top gun really better than a stock 90mm on a tier IX med" seems like a dumb question even to a shitter like me.

6 minutes ago, Archaic_One said:

Well, that was an unnecessary jab, but I'll answer your question.  Yes, it makes an enormous difference - an M46 with stock gun is basically a tier 8.5 Pershing with more HP.  With  the top gun it becomes the statpadding tool of choice for the discerning redline pubby purple wannabe, easily able to pump out damage faster than most tier Xs.  I'm sorry I tried to be nice before, I'm sorry I have a good job and can afford some gold, and I'm sorry you don't get that something as simple as "is the top gun really better than a stock 90mm on a tier IX med" seems like a dumb question even to a shitter like me.

It wasn't a jab, simply an observation based on your previous post?

And yet again the question was never is it better, it was how much better?... totally different question

10 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

Its exactly 3 better. Not 4 nor 5, but 3. 

3 hours ago, SolarflareGrenraven said:

And free xping 68k of experience isn't something i can afford to do at the moment

Free XP can also come from playing tanks!  Money is not required (but patience is) and most players don't buy Free XP that way, in addition there are a myraid of boosters available.

Tier 9 grinds are the worst so consider having a plan to upgrade your tier 9 tanks when you get them. Perhaps, buying the suspension component to allow you to skip tracks and hoarding Free XP to get to the top gun right away.  Maybe if your search was "What is the best route to upgrade Tank Y" you would have had more luck with responses.

Like most every tank Tier 9s are balanced around the elite config and every Tier 9 stock gun is pretty crap and ofttimes borderline unplayable (for shitters like us), you indicate you actually asked "how much crappier/better" but does it really matter? (The answer is obviously 42)

It goes without saying save Free XP for modules not tanks...

I have grinded every single tank i had from stock with no gold or money spent. If i did it so can you. The only time i have skipped some modules is because i had enough free exp or were radios.

To make an example i grinded the t54 from stock stock, without the second stock gun that comes frome the t44 because i went trough the 416 line. 

I understand grinding is shit but luckly WG (and i do PRAISE them for this) give us boosters. Use them for both free exp and tank exp. 

8 minutes ago, dualmaster333 said:

That first thread got deleted almost as fast as this JT:

Iw5maeh.gif

I always comes back to chodes and butts for you doesn't it. Not that I disapprove. 

11 minutes ago, Hellsfog said:

I always comes back to chodes and butts for you doesn't it. Not that I disapprove. 

Dat ash....

Binning threads because people ask what we think are stupid questions isn't really the right path to go (not without a non-snarky explanation). The official forums will have people answer "it's not that good of an upgrade I got to the Tier X just using the stock gun you should be fine hurr durr" followed by whatever other mess the official forums have. I think people who are new to this forum would appreciate us being less snarky and elitist to newcomers. OP could have meant to ask how much he could look forward to the upgraded gun for all we know. 

@_Dia you are right, we sometimes respond not so politely. But the fact is that all of his questions were plain stupid and pointless. Equivalent of talking about recent wheather with your uber driver.

@SolarflareGrenraven lets say we answered all of your questions what would you gain from that(pun intended).

Srsly, what exactly would you change? 

a) gun is much better= you will grind it

b) gun is a little better = same shit

watch a replay on a yt and see for yourself

Is m48 worth it? Why are you asking that question after you got all the way to tier 9?

@CraBeatOff

you actually made me laugh out loud man. I would also agree that the gun about 3 better than the previous gun.

:MingLee:

Leaving that thread open would only have served a(n admittedly likely enjoyable) shitstorm of sarcastic answers. We try to keep those out of vehicle discussions.

We are lead to believe there are no stupid questions and nobody is bad at something. Well, newsflash, there are, and everyone sucks at something, and most at many things. And you know what, that's fine. That's how life is. The only way to learn is to realize that, and work from there. This forum was built upon those principles.

3 hours ago, SolarflareGrenraven said:

I am not just driving around in it stock which i thought i had cleared up earlier in the thread? i am grinding the tank and have not yet got to this gun...

2 hours ago, 8_Hussars said:

Free XP can also come from playing tanks!  Money is not required (but patience is) and most players don't buy Free XP that way, in addition there are a myraid of boosters available.

This. What do you gain from grinding a stock M46? You've already implied that you don't even know if you really want the M48. That sounds masochistic. Go grind (not necessarily convert) free XP on a tank that's fun to play and isn't completely gimped.

No offense, but looking at past post history, it's obvious why it was locked and binned.

1 hour ago, Private_Miros said:

We are lead to believe there are no stupid questions and nobody is bad at something. Well, newsflash, there are, and everyone sucks at something, and most at many things. And you know what, that's fine. That's how life is. The only way to learn is to realize that, and work from there.

This shit should be carved into stones and bashed into heads of so many people. Majority people actually. Mostly young ones these days. No offense to anyone, it's the old fart in me speaking. Well said Miros, well said.

Damn i go away for a few days and I miss all the action :serb:

OP your thread was dealt with exactly how it should have been. People here can jump on the newbies pretty quick but at 50 posts you should have seen this coming. 

I can answer your question though by saying just do not play that tank with the stock gun if you can help it. As someone above posted you will suffer a shit winrate until you grind through it. Play other tanks to get the freexp to get by it if you can.

No, not all people here can afford to freexp modules here but don't jump down someone else's throat because they can. Be thankful you were not neg-repped to Gasai/azntwnstrike levels

Now everyone...as you were.