Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MrWickwire

Stream settings

7 posts in this topic

If someone could be so kind as to meet up with me later tonight or another day to iron out my streaming probs. In a nutshell I have OBS setup to stream 720p at 4.5k bitrate. The problem is my stream seems to fluctuate anywhere from low 500s to about 4.2k bitrate. This then leads to my stream cutting out for the viewers. I'm hoping this is a setting issue and not an ISP issue. I have comcast and usually my ping is anywhere between 40 to 60. I'd have to update this post later with upload and download speeds because I'm at work right now. But last I checked they are more than adequate for streaming. Thank you so much to anyone who can and will help me with this issue I plan to repay you for your time for going out of your way to help me with this problem. 

-------------------------------------------------

what hardware are you using (CPU, GPU, RAM)?

Bitrate dropping down into the 500s I don't think would be caused by a setting in OBS. The comcast advertised speeds may be like ten times what you need to stream but your actual speeds are going to be lower and the big ISPs are notorious for having inconsistency in their uptime/getting big dips in your actual speeds. Try a conservative bitrate of 3000 to see if putting less pressure on your connection allows it to keep up a bit better.

If you are using anything above 3k bitrate, viewers may experience buffering.

4.2k is excessive for a 720p stream.

8 hours ago, Fulcrous said:

I guess my 6k bitrate at [email protected] was a bit too excessive :serb: I haven't had any drops of it tho, least I saw it was around 5,7k bitrate, that was from 3 hours of streaming with 0 dropped frames.

14 hours ago, Fulcrous said:

I forgot that people overseas have terrible internet :doge: 

6K 1440p here :doge: 

If you're streaming to YouTube, you could have 10mbps uploads w/o problem. twitch can be odd at times. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0