hall0

Object 430U New Russian T10 Medium and medium line change

100 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Kolni said:

330 gold round, it doesn't care about armour so it gives literally 0 shits about meta :kjugh: 

Survivability is still biased toward better players since the Agent Orange patch. You need to be either good at vision abuse or timing or both.

Edit: I'm not arguing for its removal btw. A selection of tanks that are hard but rewarding is essential.

Well they have to try to make the T10 different to the other Russian meds. They tried it with best medium dpm but shitty gun handling and they failed. No one actually liked the 430.

And now they looked at the line and what is the specialty of it. And I think they saw two specialities. Turrets in the back of the tank and high alpha for a medium (at least at T7 and T8). And because there probably wasn't a back turreted T10 candidate they went with the high alpha. 

The problem I see now is, that they going to make the Chinese medium line totally useless. 

1 hour ago, Hally said:

So the armor isn't as good as initially thought. Unlike E50M and E75, the UFP get auto penned by HEAT.

It just looks like that when you are incompetent at using armorviewers and constantly simulate facehugging shots (i.e aim down on the upper plate) that the upper plate becomes weaker and the lower plate stronger than they actually are.

In the actual game most shots are fired from atleast a couple of meters away.

Anyway, if you want to know the actual armor, the angles should be the exact same as on the T62A, so if you want to know the EFA of the frontal hull at certain angles just look at the T62-model and multiply the EFA by 1.6 for the upper and by 1.05 for the lower plate.

I did some alculations and the actual EFA on flat ground against an unangled 430U should be:

~273/296/312mm against AP/APCR/HEAT for the upper plate

~171/184/193mm against AP/APCR/HEAT for the lower plate.

As a comparison at the same distance/angle the E50M gets:

~265/287/305mm against AP/APCR/HEAT for the upper plate

~196/211/222mm against AP/APCR/HEAT for the lower plate.

So the actual armor is slightly stronger than the E50m against all ammonition-types on the upper but much weaker on the lower plate (Though in the actual game the E50M doesn't bounce all that much on the lower plate anyway and having a smaller lower plate like on the 430 is probably a bigger advantage)

I'd never go near the 430 II 122mm gun, it's too derpy for me.

I believe the 430 will get the the 100mm guns and/or maybe get the 430U's 440 gun slightly nerfed. 

The good thing about getting the 430 II at tier 8 is maybe we will have some mediums competitive for CW. And 330 fuck you Defender shells seems very promising.

270 HEAT pen on a tier IX, yeah sure WG, sure, at least the E50 has awsome handling + acc and fucking APCR.

3 minutes ago, Nkrlz said:

270 HEAT pen on a tier IX, yeah sure WG, sure, at least the E50 has awsome handling + acc and fucking APCR.

430II will be T8 so 270 is kinda OK. But at the moment you still have the option of the Obj 416 amazing 100mm 330mm HEAT pen gun.

T9 gets 248 APCR pen for gold. This is the shocking thing. 248 is totally useless in the current meta. Just hope it will have the 100mm gun as option otherwise you will suffer. 

8 hours ago, Fabunil said:

It just looks like that when you are incompetent at using armorviewers and constantly simulate facehugging shots (i.e aim down on the upper plate) that the upper plate becomes weaker and the lower plate stronger than they actually are.

In the actual game most shots are fired from atleast a couple of meters away.

Anyway, if you want to know the actual armor, the angles should be the exact same as on the T62A, so if you want to know the EFA of the frontal hull at certain angles just look at the T62-model and multiply the EFA by 1.6 for the upper and by 1.05 for the lower plate.

I did some alculations and the actual EFA on flat ground against an unangled 430U should be:

~273/296/312mm against AP/APCR/HEAT for the upper plate

~171/184/193mm against AP/APCR/HEAT for the lower plate.

As a comparison at the same distance/angle the E50M gets:

~265/287/305mm against AP/APCR/HEAT for the upper plate

~196/211/222mm against AP/APCR/HEAT for the lower plate.

So the actual armor is slightly stronger than the E50m against all ammonition-types on the upper but much weaker on the lower plate (Though in the actual game the E50M doesn't bounce all that much on the lower plate anyway and having a smaller lower plate like on the 430 is probably a bigger advantage)

Did you factor in 430U being a much flatter tank than E50m? Most tanks will be shooting down more into the 430U, reducing some of that angle on the ufp.

1 hour ago, Hally said:

Did you factor in 430U being a much flatter tank than E50m? Most tanks will be shooting down more into the 430U, reducing some of that angle on the ufp.

The Size difference really is irrelevant for armor despite what many people for some reason claim, at  ~10-20 meters distance the enemy either has enough gundepression to shoot the lower plate or he will shoot the upper plate with full gundepression anyway (In case of the 430 he might not even be able to hit the upper plate when face hugging and I don't think the turret roof is overmatchable on that model)

At distances beyond that the difference is completly irrelevant except for making it easier for the enemy to hit you.

Please don't be that guy that claims having a bigger tank is somehow an advantage, atleast in the game...

8 hours ago, hall0 said:

430II will be T8 so 270 is kinda OK. But at the moment you still have the option of the Obj 416 amazing 100mm 330mm HEAT pen gun.

T9 gets 248 APCR pen for gold. This is the shocking thing. 248 is totally useless in the current meta. Just hope it will have the 100mm gun as option otherwise you will suffer. 

Yeah i misread, holy fuck 248 in tier IX, that's a joke and a half.

Just now, Nkrlz said:

Yeah i misread, holy fuck 248 in tier IX, that's a joke and a half.

Meanwhile the guard's 122 0.32 accuracy looks even more legit compared to the new line.

Btw. the 430 II not only get's the 416 gun but also the 100mm D-54, one of the top guns of the current T-54. 

At this point I feel pretty bad for all the other T8 tanks, who get shit on even more with every new re-balanced 
branch and additional not at all OP premium tank, that gets added to the game.

And the 430 gun may suck in terms of shitty premium-ammo but the gun handling looks pretty good for a large caliber 
medium tank gun. Gun handling comes close to a T-54 with the (bad) 100mm D-10T2S gun, only a bit less accurate. 
Also the 430 wouldn't be the first T9 medium tank with mediocre / bad premium ammo in the game.  

As previously mentioned the 430U is so "heavy" it could be declared as a heavy tank and implemented without
much changes as the T10 successor for the T-10 "heavy" tank. 

6 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

RIP Pershing, it was a good run.

Was killed by the Patriot not by the 430 II. The Pershing is still a better hulldown medium tank because of the gun depression, frontal turret and very good handling.

Well apart from color, muzzle brake, turret-shape, and misc items the 430 and the 113 look pretty much the same. 

Also the 430U not only looks like a 113, it's stats-wise very similar and in some points (mobility, gun-handling, armor) 
better than a 113. 

In terms of armor the 113 has better frontal turret armor, but weaker cupolas, lfp and ufp. In terms of 
side armor they are pretty much the same (apart from that thin 120mm armor stripe of the 113). Meanwhile the 121 sits 
crying in a corner when it comes to armor. 

For me the 430U right now looks like a giant middle finger to both Chinese T10 medium and Chinese T10 heavy tanks.