hall0

Object 430U New Russian T10 Medium and medium line change

100 posts in this topic

nah don´t see that this will replace the 5A. 490 Alpha is just too handy. But yeah, screw the 113 and especially the 121. Oh poor 121, god have mercy with its soul. 

Talk about crying in the corner, how sad is the T-62a now.  People are probably going to be stealing 62a crews for this thing now that its going to be the 4th best RU med.  Pretty funny - the tank that the Ob 140/430 were prototypes for, the tank that got built 23k times - yeah, its now the hipster tank.

38 minutes ago, Archaic_One said:

Talk about crying in the corner, how sad is the T-62a now.  People are probably going to be stealing 62a crews for this thing now that its going to be the 4th best RU med.  Pretty funny - the tank that the Ob 140/430 were prototypes for, the tank that got built 23k times - yeah, its now the hipster tank.

They will stick the 115mm on it I reckon.

2 hours ago, Grimdope said:

They will stick the 115mm on it I reckon.

The 115 was a smooth bore. Isn't WG still sticking to rifled guns only?

1 hour ago, monjardin said:

The 115 was a smooth bore. Isn't WG still sticking to rifles guns only?

Isn't there already a smoothbore gun though? Chieftain/T95 (T8 reward for CW) has a 90mm T208 "(rifled)". Quick google search did not return any mention of there ever being a T208 rifled, only smoothbore. It also fires APFSDS as prem ammo (although that can be fired from rifled gun too). 

Not sure about it though, I'm sure someone who actually knows something about tank history will have an answer :jebaited:

3 hours ago, monjardin said:

The 115 was a smooth bore. Isn't WG still sticking to rifled guns only?

If they can make enough of a profit out of people converting XP to free XP on their way to it I'm sure they'll change their minds on that rule.  As the poster above said, they managed to fudge in the T208 and I think the derps on the T49 and Sheridan too.  More likely they'll give it a 700 HP engine and the 430's dpm, but still it's just speculation and how often do they surprise us.

2 hours ago, Marty said:

Isn't there already a smoothbore gun though? Chieftain/T95 (T8 reward for CW) has a 90mm T208 "(rifled)". Quick google search did not return any mention of there ever being a T208 rifled, only smoothbore. It also fires APFSDS as prem ammo (although that can be fired from rifled gun too). 

Not sure about it though, I'm sure someone who actually knows something about tank history will have an answer :jebaited:

Interesting. I started a google search to, but I went for the shell. Tanks.gg provided me with the name of the ammo. It is the APFSDS (Armour-piercing fin-stabilized discarding-sabot) T320 shell. Google provided me with this Document from the Aberdeen Proving Grounds about the development of this shell. On page 18 it says. 

Object of Development or Experiment:

To develop a satisfactory fin-stabilized, armor- piercing projectile for use in the 90mm Smoothbore Gun for the T95 Tank.

And the gun of the T95 Tank was the T208 gun. I could find some modifications of the breech but not that they turned it into a rifled gun. 

Spoiler

BJa3Oh5.png

duLYNJ5.png

It would also very confusing to give a rifled gun which is essentially a total different concept the same name. I call bullshit on this one WG. Further more. To put a shell developed specifically for a smoothbore gun in a rifled gun sounds very very stupid to me. It is like putting a shotgun slug into a .50cal sniper rifle or vice versa. Could work but I don't think the results would be satisfying. 

After all this, I am pretty certain WG just made up this T208 rifled to fulfill their "no smoothbore guns" rule. 

Edit. 

And the spoilers don't work. Screw you forum software!

8 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

Pretty funny - the tank that the Ob 140/430 were prototypes for, the tank that got built 23k times - yeah, its now the hipster tank.

That is not true. Object 140 was a T-54 replacement project that was cancelled due to its complicated systems and construction being too expensive for mass production and too hard to maintain. The 140 turret would then later be dug up again and modified and put onto a modded T-55 hull, resulting in Object 165 or the T-62A.

Object 430 on the other hand was a forerunner of the T-64 and was not related to T-62 development.

I'm actually hyped for this tank. I have no experience with the time it takes for things that go on super test to show up in game. How long does WG make us wait you think?

9 minutes ago, rev01ution said:

I'm actually hyped for this tank. I have no experience with the time it takes for things that go on super test to show up in game. How long does WG make us wait you think?

I'd guess somewhere between a month to 10 years given their track record.   

Do you guys think we can keep the current 430? If so, I think I will power grind it. I am at the 416 at the moment. 

43 minutes ago, TAdoo87 said:

Do you guys think we can keep the current 430? If so, I think I will power grind it. I am at the 416 at the moment. 

As it is changing to tier 9 probably not... Though I'd like to keep the 416...

Wait what's the logic with nerfing a44 prem pen? I get those are placeholder values but why not just copy the pen from the server tank?

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/general-news/2018-preview/#soviet_tree

It looks like the Object 416 and Object 430 II will stay put and lead to as yet unannounced tier 10 tank.

The Object 430 moves to tier 9 and leads to the Object 430U. 

I’m going to use my tier 9 holiday discount to get started with grinding the Object 430 II!

"A new mini-line researchable from the T-44: The Object 430 will move down to Tier IX, making room for the Object 430U (Tier X) and forming a new mini-line of well-armored assault MTs with high alpha.

MTs with rear-mounted turrets: The Object 416 stays at Tier VIII, followed by the Object 430 Variant II at Tier IX and an all-new Tier X MT with tough turret armor and gameplay that feels like a natural progression up the A-44 line. It will be added after 9.22. "

Question is that soon I will finish my grind and will have the current 430 at tier X.

So I presume if I buy the 430 it will either to be removed or will get a premium status and I'll get the 430U.

But if I won't sold my 430 2, then I will have the opportunity to grind the other yet unannounced tier X medium?

Or I am lost in translation?

14 minutes ago, Vindi said:

"A new mini-line researchable from the T-44: The Object 430 will move down to Tier IX, making room for the Object 430U (Tier X) and forming a new mini-line of well-armored assault MTs with high alpha.

MTs with rear-mounted turrets: The Object 416 stays at Tier VIII, followed by the Object 430 Variant II at Tier IX and an all-new Tier X MT with tough turret armor and gameplay that feels like a natural progression up the A-44 line. It will be added after 9.22. "

Question is that soon I will finish my grind and will have the current 430 at tier X.

So I presume if I buy the 430 it will either to be removed or will get a premium status and I'll get the 430U.

But if I won't sold my 430 2, then I will have the opportunity to grind the other yet unannounced tier X medium?

Or I am lost in translation?

I’m guessing you’ll have the tier 9 430, the tier 9 430v2.... and the real question is what tier 10 they’ll give you. I’m personally betting that we’ll get whatever the new rear turret tier 10 is

330 effective upper plate according to WG's own armour viewer, turret front is 300 thick so higher than 113. Lower plate is 185 effective, so again better than 113.

Basically RIP 113. 

Also don't forget that since it's MT, it will have an actual camo unlike the 113.

We'll see how the mobility, depression and gun stats are tho. The first leaked gun stats were unimpressive; 0.40 accuracy is extremely laughable for a tier 10 MT, though having good bloom could kinda help with that. Even the 121 has like 0.35 base accuracy with it's 122.

113 does have +300 HP to trade more efficiently, as well.

I don't know if it will kill the 113 entirely, but then again, the 5A is already kinda superior to 113 in many scenarios, and because of 490 alpha and -7 depression, I think that the 5A is still superior to the 430U as well.

121 is completely fucked, though. Rest in peace.