Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
H4NI

Light tanks on Siegfried Line

7 posts in this topic

I have a question regarding the spawn places on the Siegfried Line and it's the same for Bases 1 and 2. Sadly, I have only three screenshots, but believe me, every game is the same.

Here are the screenshots:

A7w7OWn.jpg

1lBsJif.jpg

ELi9f9W.jpg

d0XJWeD.jpg

Why on earth do light tanks get a spawn place that is the furthest from the field area of the map, which makes them basically useless since you can't spot anything because you are 20-30 seconds late. What is the role of the scouts on this map? Can somebody explain me the logic behind this? I know they said that spawn places are random, but not once I got the spawn close so I can go and actually spot something. How do you play in this situation?

A) try to spot the 0 line

B) play it like a medium and get cheeky shots

C) go field and try to spot there

A works some times but generally B is better. Switch between A and B.

Dont worry this map is dogshit in standard and devs must remove it and keep it only in encounter and assault. But they wont. Just try your best. 

One thing I've often wondered but never actually checked is whether there is balance on spawns. Ie that if you're in a light and spawn further from field whether the enemy light also gets a crap spawn.

worse if you're a slow ass TD and spawn at the base of the hill by either flags on Westfield

7 hours ago, Ezz said:

One thing I've often wondered but never actually checked is whether there is balance on spawns. Ie that if you're in a light and spawn further from field whether the enemy light also gets a crap spawn.

iirc WG said they wanted to help TDs like T95 by having them spawn "closer" to where the action would be. tell that to the T95 on El Halluf who insists on camping at the east flanks

20 hours ago, nabucodonsor said:

Dont worry this map is dogshit in standard and devs must remove it and keep it only in encounter and assault. But they wont. Just try your best. 

It is also dogshit on assault. Attackers have very low chance, if defenders have slightest clue how to play.

If you are defending on assault, it always surprises me how little attention gets paid to J/K7 - scouts can farm like a boss from that spot, and if you don't take that position, then it's an easy way to get backdoored by anything with mobility.  You have to have some support, and bonus points if you have good turret armor/VR (and optionally gun dep)  (USA meds are lethal from that spot).  I've taken to pretty much ignoring the North b/c IME it's much easier to defend from a static position, and there are always at least a couple of teammates just camping the daylights out of C9/0.

Re: the field in standard/encounter, unless I'm in an aggressive wolfpack (and sometimes even then), I prefer to stop at the G2 bunker.  I'm not looking to push, just to spot guys trying to take the front entrance into the town or the enemy scouts.  It's really, really easy IMHO to outrun your fire support if you're too aggressive early, so best to let things open up.  I don't think you want to overcommit or leave yourself with no way to get off the field in a pinch.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0