Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RGM79GM

Worth buying back tier 9s for free xp?

22 posts in this topic

So unlike most people who use premium 8s for crew training I use them for earning free exp so I can skip to tier 8 elited out tanks so I was wondering if I should buy back my M46 Patton and M103 and use those for earning free exp instead of using the Defender and Patriot considering that tier 8s now almost always go against tier 9 and 10s, credit earning is not a consideration atm really.

9s are pretty excellent both from a usability perspective and their MM. There is a good selection of pretty much every type that are both competitive enough to play vs 10s and fun to play.

Recommendations would be 54lt, T49 and 13 90 from lights. Almost any of the mediums. T10/11111114. TDs not really sure.

T30 potentially, obj 704 as well. I heard the T95 can be pretty fun nowadays with its increased speed. JT isn't bad either.

Tier 9 is the best tier and with a premium account, you shouldn't really be losing credits. 

12 minutes ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

Tier 9 is the best tier and with a premium account, you shouldn't really be losing credits. 

As a mostly non-prem pleb, my guess is 9s require about a 2000 - 2500 wn8 sort of level to be credit neutral - depending on food and how much sprem you shoot i guess.

just spam any t8 prem for credits. use 9s for xp. so if you dont need credits then use 9s. it also helps being able to swap crews across multiple tanks to take advantage of x-multipliers on top of reserves

Tier 9 is more fun to play. However tier 8 prems make more xp due to the multipliers they get and the fact they're always shooting higher tier vehicles.

Wait, people don't have millions of convertable exp lieing around?

Just play the tanks you actually enjoy playing and you will get tons of convertable exp sooner or later.

As for the quickest way to earn convertable exp the answer would be any premium tank (especially mid tier ones like the T-34-85m or Bromwell, faster games and you get to farm the trash that is the average tier 6 player) as they get additional exp-multipliers for this exact reason, if you don't enjoy playing them it of course would be stupid to play them for that small amount of extra exp just to skip other tanks you don't enjoy playing...

7 minutes ago, Fabunil said:

Some people click the "Accelerate Crew Training" box.

18 hours ago, RGM79GM said:

So unlike most people who use premium 8s for crew training I use them for earning free exp so I can skip to tier 8 elited out tanks so I was wondering if I should buy back my M46 Patton and M103 and use those for earning free exp instead of using the Defender and Patriot considering that tier 8s now almost always go against tier 9 and 10s, credit earning is not a consideration atm really.

Buy back your patton.  Don't buy back the m103.  Tier for tier, M103 is probably the worst of all the US heavies.  T1 Heavy and M6 are better imo with T29 being top dog and e5 being realy good for its tier.  As for other feedback, I think the rest of the guys covered it. 

Tier 9 really is the best tier.  Slaughtering hordes of tier 7s is pretty easy on the wallet, and the good 9's are very competitive against Xs. 

The lack of a premium multiplier means it'll hurt you in the long run if we're talking about efficiency. However I personally dislike almost all the premiums and tier 8 as a whole ever since 357 so who's to say what's better. The efficient way would be to play prems that shit XP like crazy, Patriot, Churchill III, Type 64 and so on but enjoyment is also a part of the game for me so I'd probably end up doing it in the tanks I like to play rather than the ones that are better suited for it. 

Why tier 8 prems work so well for it is that you get everything at a better rate: credits, crew xp and regular xp at a higher rate meaning you're being profitable in the best way possible. 

OP, good multiplier and decently fun to play is what you're looking for. Tier 10 will lose out due to lack of higher tiers to feed on so I'd suggest just running good tier 9 tanks, or tier 7 if you can stand playing it. 

13 90, Bat AP, Conq, E 50, M46, PTA, T-10, T-54 and WZ-111-14 are really good for this imo. T-10 is probably the easiest one to play of them all if that's an issue while 13 90 and E 50 easily hold the top spots for XP/avg for better players. 

26 minutes ago, Vampiresbane said:

Buy back your patton.  Don't buy back the m103.  Tier for tier, M103 is probably the worst of all the US heavies.  T1 Heavy and M6 are better imo with T29 being top dog and e5 being realy good for its tier.  As for other feedback, I think the rest of the guys covered it. 

It might be the worst of the US heavies but it's not a bad heavy for tier 9 at all. The buffed really did it well and the gun is so much better than people seem to give it credit for. The turret cupola is still an issue but pretty much the only big one. There are plenty of times where I think it suits engagements better than any other T9 heavy, especially in actual brawls because the front holds up much better than any other tank of this kind, poke almost sideways and you'll pretty much bounce everything. Best part is that the HD tracks troll like the E5 used to so a lot of sprocketshots don't track and even less damage you. 

340 HEAT on a gun that isn't terrible is awesome too. Not a lot of guns with that combo on the tier and HEAT works much better than APCR now anyway. No loss of pen and much nicer regarding angles so farming T10 heavies is about as easy as it'll get in this tank. 

22 hours ago, Fabunil said:

I have 3.6 millions of convertable xp, i accept donations to my paypal account to convert all of that :doge:

Bought the M46 and the M103 because Kolni said it can do okay even if it's worse than other US heavy, atm though Warplanes is sucking down my time.

23 hours ago, Fabunil said:

23 hours ago, monjardin said:

Some people click the "Accelerate Crew Training" box.

And then don't ever use their 5% accrual, so they have millions available.  Currently at 2.2 million available... still haven't found a reason to blow it, yet.

2 hours ago, Errants said:

And then don't ever use their 5% accrual, so they have millions available.  Currently at 2.2 million available... still haven't found a reason to blow it, yet.

You have 2.2 million free XP available to use without converting?

:money:

Damn. 

I personally use my T49 with crew training off for grinding convertible XP because A. it's fun so I play it the most by far, and B. even running cola I'm credit neutral or barely credit positive with a premium account.  I also turn off accelerate crew training off on my 10s and other elited tanks that I still play for the same reason - all of my 10s/keeper tanks have fairly good crews already. 

Besides, this normally is a temporary thing anyways - I only do this when I'm in actual need of free xp, otherwise I have accelerate crew training on for everything.

The T49 is a good candidate. The gold round is HIGHLY situational and usually pays off with a 700 HP hit when used. So, your ammo cost is probably lower than a lot of other tier 9's (e.g. M46, E50 or T-54 that are just plain better with liberal gold spam). If you bought 10mil with of cola on sale like several people around here, then it's an earner at the same time.  

5 hours ago, monjardin said:

You have 2.2 million free XP available to use without converting?

:money:

Damn. 

•  Premium - 36 d
  •  
  • Gold - 29,287
  •  
  • Credits - 70,933  (up from 135 last night)
  •  
  • Bonds - 1,414
  •  
  • Free Exp - 2,259,086
  •  
  • Account created: 29/08/2011

yah... now if only I could convert it to credits...

1 hour ago, monjardin said:

The T49 is a good candidate. The gold round is HIGHLY situational and usually pays off with a 700 HP hit when used. 

m8 that's no gold round that's the holy grail of stat padders everywhere

cheap HEAT

1 hour ago, PlanetaryGenocide said:

m8 that's no gold round that's the holy grail of stat padders everywhere

cheap HEAT

Doh! I don't know what I was thinking. It has gold HE that isn't worth using.

:facepalm:

I was referring to the non-gold HEAT round like a total ignoramus. 

9 hours ago, Errants said:

yah... now if only I could convert it to credits...

My god. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0