Star_Dust

Best days - time to play for MM?

8 posts in this topic

This came to my mind after checking a few of the guides presented by users on the forums.

Some of them made a point, explaining that sometimes players just find certain days in which they can be consistent and some days in which they can't be.

This weekend that just passed (the 13th friday weekend) was horrible for me overall, I couldn't seem to be relevant on most matches even if I put the damage on the table the teams just didn't worked (even got TK dmged) so I was wondering about others experiences regarding this? I find it myself, that playing at nights teams seem to be more competent and stable mentally (probs more older people playing at night? ) and seems to bring me better results from mixing up with them. 

Do others also find event days-weeks-weekends to have tons of super platoons both on the extremely good and extremely bad compositions?

Thank you for reading!.

When tooning or just having fun in my clan we have various "mutators" for the game, chooser chooses till they lose, or go up a tier if you win and down a tier if you lose that kind of thing. 

The last one is a good one as you will, even if you are having an off day, get a tier you are comfortable with.

Unlike many I will happily play most tiers (though I dislike tier 4 and below) so that is a good place to start.

1 hour ago, Hokum15 said:

When tooning or just having fun in my clan we have various "mutators" for the game, chooser chooses till they lose, or go up a tier if you win and down a tier if you lose that kind of thing. 

The last one is a good one as you will, even if you are having an off day, get a tier you are comfortable with.

Unlike many I will happily play most tiers (though I dislike tier 4 and below) so that is a good place to start.

My friends and I do the exact same thing. Someone is going to have a little luck out of the bunch.

2 hours ago, Star_Dust said:

I find it myself, that playing at nights teams seem to be more competent and stable mentally (probs more older people playing at night? ) and seems to bring me better results from mixing up with them. 

That's called snowballing and your better results might have less to do with "you" than you think. When a team is doing good things it's much easier to progress and benefit from it, what's much harder is to try and capitalize when that doesn't happen. 

I had a 4K WN8 30 session back when I was a pretty much blue player in the BC25t. I felt like I was playing ridiculously good, but looking back on it I know that I wasn't. A bit of luck, a bit of decent teammates and maps all play their role in basically making you a better player than normal, or a worse player than normal if you put it the other way around. 

Turning a losing team into a winning one is probably one of the most valuable qualities a player can have, and those players actively help others play better just by doing that. Enabling your teammates is something I consider all the time and let's go down memory lane and look at how Garbad and MaxL played the game. No doubt that the game has changed but personal performance aside in numbers isn't all that matters. When you have a player who not only considers himself but his teammates and what they can do for him and for the team everyone ends up playing better. That's pretty much how it works. 

If you look closer on those replays from the good days you'll probably see that your teams progress much better in general rather than only your own performance. I still see my sessions spiking up to 6k rather than the usual 4,5-5  whenever my teammates do what I want them to. 

When I was playing, I found that the best time to play was in the middle of a weekday. At least in the amx1357 and pref 8s, I consistently got top tier and the teams were reasonably consistent. 

You wont grow as a player worrying about when to play. No short cuts to becoming better. 

Every tier 8 can win against any higher tier tank in multiple ways. 

Except when its me in my IS6 with no gold vs Daigensui circa 2013

I have found out that I have mostly horrible teams if playing in EU in morning from 9 am to 11 am. I know I am not a morning person myself but seems to me that the teams just mostly suck at that time of the day. May be confirmation bias or maybe that I play like shit myself. Anyways I feel good when starting the game like lets go for a few rounds until I quit in disgust 2 hours later and feel like shit. Perfect way to ruin your mornings.

As others have said...it can vary.  Generally speaking, in the USA (ET), later in the evening (irrespective of day) I tend to see more of the top clan toons, but they also tend to be playing tier 9/10.  At the lower tiers I see less variation - could be crap or good at just about any time.

I don't really pick when I play by time, other than when I know my buddies are more likely to be online.  I play when I can and don't worry about whom I'll be facing.  The better players are just as likely to be on my team as on the other.