Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jaegaer

CW ships

31 posts in this topic

Ok, CW is upon us soon so it's time to finalize the setups.

We found that Hindenbrug is too prone to too much fire damage and that a mix of Moskva and Des Memes is probably the best overall setup.

Regardless of what WG says, Conq seems to be the only viable BB.

One Gearing is risky but two seems too limiting with that amount of Radar time available. So still unsure here.

Whats your setups gonna be?

Also dick move by WG to not give a free capatin respecc with the start of CW - almost all Cruiser captains likely have AFT/mAA specced which is useless for CW.

Honeslty with the time constraits, not knowing if the gameplay is any good, having to respect nearly every ship/captain, the convoluted way you get the OP tier X soviet BB/CL (get 3 flags, not team based, its on individual battles, quick victories dont count ??). Its just a giant cluster fuck that seems like it was designed by a government commity that tried to make it the worse most complicated way possible.

When they annouced the Stalingrad, i actually considered looking for a competitive clan... but now i might just wait it out, plus i dont want to spend like 3k gold respecing 6 or 7 captains

I'm in a clan, and playing with teammates is fun. If it's like the early days of Strongholds, I'm sure it'll be quite enjoyable. If it gets aggressive and toxic, I may just check out.

BREAKING NEWS: WG offering free Captain respec from Oct. 18 to 23. At least for NA. Cheer up and respec your shit so CV captains rejoice!

'm going to use this opportunity to respec every captain. I made some bad choices with IJN and RU DD's. There are only a handful of captains I won't change.

9 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

BREAKING NEWS: WG offering free Captain respec from Oct. 18 to 23. At least for NA. Cheer up and respec your shit so CV captains rejoice!

problem is if they are speced for CW, then in randoms they become shit, so you kinda lock them out for the duration... they need to have some special dual mode for CW, same ships, same captain points but completely different build

Back on topic. If the meta shakes out as having lots of cruisers, counter with the thing that's most like a battleship: the Moskva.

If the meta shakes out to lean more DD heavy, it's more complicated. As you need Radar to find them, and then the ability to punish them. But, then, who has the guns best made to hurt DDs? Probably still Moskva.

We plan on having fun experimenting with lots of different ships tonight. With all the tomato clans taking part the first night we figure we can make some mistakes and still win. I'm thinking a 7 Shima, synchronized 105 torp drop from different directions will be pretty fun to watch. 20km torps or go home, that should keep us out of radar range. It will either be a huge success or huge failure, but either way it will be fun for a few battles. 

37 minutes ago, MntRunner said:

We plan on having fun experimenting with lots of different ships tonight. With all the tomato clans taking part the first night we figure we can make some mistakes and still win. I'm thinking a 7 Shima, synchronized 105 torp drop from different directions will be pretty fun to watch. 20km torps or go home, that should keep us out of radar range. It will either be a huge success or huge failure, but either way it will be fun for a few battles. 

That replay if going to have to be posted up here lol

From what I'm hearing on the CUTE discord, it'll be a Monty, some Hindenburg and DM, and Gearings/Z-52s

@OnboardG1 was also saying that Moskva would be used. Although As I remember from Tanks each server had slightly different meta.

Initially it will be like the early stages of ranked battles, good players can bring whatever they want in the entry level stages to advance, then once in the higher groupings, meta ships and play will identify itself and be adopted.

14 hours ago, MntRunner said:

@OnboardG1 was also saying that Moskva would be used. Although As I remember from Tanks each server had slightly different meta.

Radar is super important. Moskva has the best radar. I'll let you know what the meta looks like on EU when it stabilizes. Assuming I enjoy the mode enough to play it.

We were seeing 3 DDs, 3 CAs, and 1 BB mostly. Gearing, Shima, and a few Z52. The triangular cap setup on most maps seems to make 3 DDs very useful.

I couldn't play last night, but I heard one clan did 7 shima all night and didn't lose a game.

First night looked roughly as we expected. Quite a lot of variety in ships but the main ones that stood out in the good teams we played were Monty, Conq, Z52, Gearing, Shima, Hindy, Zao, DM, Moskva. I think some of the teams ran too many Hindenburgs and were short on radar as a consequence. Being able to chain strobe radar won us games. The only game we lost was when I put my Moskva in a stupid place on Islands of Ice where I could be too easily spotted from mid. 

What I didn't expect was how much I enjoyed it. The meta hasn't settled yet so it could still be come a campy mess, but I was having more fun than I expected. 

21 minutes ago, OnboardG1 said:

I was having more fun than I expected

Indeed. Only played two matches but it was fun.

We ran 2 DDs (Shima and Z-52 or Gearing), Moskva, Des Moines x2, Hindenburg, Yamato/Conq

It was ok.  TBH, even if it was bumped to 9v9 I think it would be better.  And yes, chain running radar is crucial

The one battle I played, I had ping spike to 3k and then died. Would like to play without lag.

58 minutes ago, MntRunner said:

I've been getting ping spikes lately too.

I was booted twice last night, I haven't had this issue since the game first started. I have some games running at 60-70ms and others around 600ms

Saw where someone made the Z52 out to be a POS, and I disagree especially with the new changes to smoke. Figured the Z52s would be good to smash smoke campers with their sonar and vigilance to make them visible as the crept up undetected..

21 hours ago, xWulffx said:

Saw where someone made the Z52 out to be a POS, and I disagree especially with the new changes to smoke. Figured the Z52s would be good to smash smoke campers with their sonar and vigilance to make them visible as the crept up undetected..

Z-52 is all but obsolete once you get to the higher leagues. Moskva and Des Moines radar spam make it extremely difficult to get into torpedo range, yet alone getting into a cap and doing the smoke hydro combo against opposing destroyers. Many teams I faced tonight brought no destroyers at all and instead went with a battleship, about four Moskvas, and a couple other assorted cruisers. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0