RC_Tank

Super Conqueror Appreciation Thread

47 posts in this topic

44a36c00-6ffe-4f11-833e-8b27f07d8334.png

Super Conqueror on tanks.gg

I'm really loving this tank, 10 degrees of gun depression and the famed L1A1 is an awesome package. 

Some games I had this morning:

hPLEjjx.png

jejACDo.png

I'm enjoying mine, although I've had a couple retarded games because I over-estimated the strengths of the tank.

It's got same issues as the Conq, takes 600 HP from tier 8 arty hits and any HE round whatsoever

T49 shot me twice just on my UFP and it was 500 both shots

It's a great tank.. two years ago when arties didn't have a RoF of 3 shots per minute...

I only got to play it a couple times so far and didn't do particularly well (thanks arty!), but it's a comfortable tank and I enjoyed it. The straight line mobility is better than I expected, the turret turns super quickly, and the gun depression + solid turret combo is always nice.

I haven't gotten a feel for the armor yet beyond "sidescraping works pretty well," but it's noteworthy that it has both a turret ring that's vulnerable to premium or TD rounds and a front hull roof that's vulnerable to 134mm+ guns, which include the 14cm guns on the Types and the new derp gun on the Conway, plus all the 150mm, 152mm, and 155mm guns you'll see. That means a very lucky O-Ni could send an AP shell through the front of your tank. More relevantly, @CraBeatOff will do unspeakable things to your rear armor unless he hits the curved part of the turret back. The rounded bit of the hull that sits under the turret isn't a weakspot in the same way as on the FV215b, but it is still relevant. Depending on how you're angled during a sidescrape, the outside of that curve may be the easiest pen. 

7 second reload is great. 

3 hours ago, Kolni said:

It's got same issues as the Conq, takes 600 HP from tier 8 arty hits and any HE round whatsoever

T49 shot me twice just on my UFP and it was 500 both shots

It's a great tank.. two years ago when arties didn't have a RoF of 3 shots per minute...

Yeah. I got focused last game on derpenberg and lost 2000hp because arties decided to focus me. The tank takes way to much dmg from arties

5 hours ago, Fulcrous said:

I'm enjoying mine, although I've had a couple retarded games because I over-estimated the strengths of the tank.

Yeah my DPG is awful because I died a few times with shit dmg. I think the hull is higher than fv so sometimes it sticks out when I thought it wouldn't

It's not fun to fight against on hills.

The huge amount of sconqs in randoms now might be good for doing my arty missions, so that's nice.

12 minutes ago, CandyVanMan said:

It's not fun to fight against on hills.

The huge amount of sconqs in randoms now might be good for doing my arty missions, so that's nice.

I'm not playing my conq because of people like you. Half of the server got that idea so 3 arty every game...

4 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

I'm not playing my conq because of people like you. Half of the server got that idea so 3 arty every game...

Bwahahaa!

But seriously, all these sconqs make tier 10 complete aids, and no, I don't really play a lot of arty, I just need the some cancer missions so I can skip them on Obj 260.

So this is what it feels like to have a tier tier British HT w/ improved armor?

Sign me up. Only played it once because tier 10 MM is aids as always, but I can certainly see it having a nice roll

It has sufficient advantages and disadvantages to where I think it's actually a balanced vehicle. Amazing.

Was hoping it was a little faster but I guess it would be OP if that happened.

I think giving it 10 degrees gun depression AND fv215b dpm was what tipped it over.

HAHA!!! SPALL LINER BITCHES!! Survived a prokhorovka battle in the middle with 2 arties on my ass all game!

2 hours ago, Ogopogo said:

I think giving it 10 degrees gun depression AND fv215b dpm was what tipped it over.

rip E5, super conq was just another kick to a skeletal horse.

Hull traverse can be crippling on sconq at times, on shit terrain you get circled by E-100 pretty much.

Didn't fare that good in the few games I played (a combination of me being a skreb, arty having a hard on for me, and team collapsing around me like wut), but I already used some positions I didn't suspect I could use.

cfOFJx8.jpg 

Seems pretty balanced. OMEGALUL

10 hours ago, Vetro said:

Seems pretty balanced. OMEGALUL

Lol that 250 gold for the WG kill was a small bonus there 

Officially my favorite tier 10! Spall liner to give no shits about arty (~250dmg direct hits by GW) and dpm directive to compensate. Really thinking about dumping all my bonds on it now. Really very few battles but it was so fun! And that 4k dpg only better than 95% wow.
Tb9VaTD.jpg

You purples gots replays? Need to play better in this, deal moar damage without over extending.

Runnng vert/rammer/vents/food every game. Gives me a 445 view range.

And spall liner eh?

Struggling with mine, had shitty teams and it just seems to attract arty. Got hit by an M40 for 1k pen and he set on me on fire whilst the other tier 8 arty hits me for 600, much fun. 

1 hour ago, tajj7 said:

Struggling with mine, had shitty teams and it just seems to attract arty. Got hit by an M40 for 1k pen and he set on me on fire whilst the other tier 8 arty hits me for 600, much fun. 

I think arty players have noticed they get bigger numbers from clicking a SC than a Maus and are playing accordingly. Every game I played mine I got focused by arty. 

The tank is great, i hate playing tier X (except MAYBE in my E-100) and this thing makes want to play it. Hulldown is typical cancer WG game desing, when not hull down i think is quite balanced, fun to play and easily pennable. WG should just give it -7° of gun depression and that would solve everything balance wise, so of course they will give it more armor and fuck the gun handling in, around, 6 months.

On 10/22/2017 at 6:25 PM, crapcannon said:

You purples gots replays? Need to play better in this, deal moar damage without over extending.

Runnng vert/rammer/vents/food every game. Gives me a 445 view range.

And spall liner eh?

Not replays, but Anfield has a few vids. Saw one where he got someone in a training room to shoot it's turret with lolblazeit420Heat and bounce most of them, but there's a few with gameplay to check out as well.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=anfield+super+conqueror+&t=ffnt&ia=videos

My server hasn't got the patch yet (in progress I think) so I have to wait to try it out :jealous: