Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Haswell

Win10 Update Borks Razer Laptops

19 posts in this topic

https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3019392/razer-gaming-machines-borked-by-windows-10-fall-creators-update

"It is known that all Razer laptop systems are incompatible with Windows 10 Version 1709 Build 16299.15 that is rolling out today. DO NOT UPDATE.

"Razer has not updated compatibility with their drivers to support this version of windows and it renders the trackpad, keyboard, and USB features useless when waking from sleep mode on battery power. Reinstalling drivers or talking to Razer support will do nothing to fix your issue. The only fix is to roll back to Creators Update until Razer gets their sh t together and fixes the problem."

ttpMfnH.png

Until Micro$oft get's it's shit together, the wonders of turning basically everything into a service, pay to get fucked, don't complain when you get fucked.

4 minutes ago, lordawesome7 said:

razers product were always of low quality from my experience

That's not the point here.

Just now, Haswell said:

well it seems to be a problem exclusive to razer, can't help that they have such poor drivers

:feelsbad:

Well at least I'm on an MSI apache pro. 

Razer laptops are actually pretty good (i.e. stealth series). @lordawesome7

4 minutes ago, Fulcrous said:

so i've heard, but i get can get better for less

also i too have an MSI laptop, the build is great and the software is actually useful instead of cancerous (mine is the MSI GT62VR Dominator Pro-238, does everything i need it too between school and play)

5 hours ago, Fulcrous said:

Razer laptops may be good, but they're overpriced to high hell. You simply don't pay for what you get. Not in the cheap object sense, but you're basically pulling an Apple and paying out the ass for the Razer branding.

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Razer laptops may be good, but they're overpriced to high hell. You simply don't pay for what you get. Not in the cheap object sense, but you're basically pulling an Apple and paying out the ass for the Razer branding.

yeah, they seem like macs alright

but they don't deliver for their asking price, i get better with acer (especially the helios 300) and MSI

21 hours ago, Haswell said:

Is the point to laugh at you for using Windows 10?

For all the flaws, Windows 10 is much more secure than Windows 7. 

The real people to laugh at are those who like 8.1

24 minutes ago, TheMarine0341 said:

W8 always was the crappy one, just like Vista. Both were obsolete from the beginning really.

1 hour ago, TheMarine0341 said:

Being secure from attacks is one thing, being secure because you can't get anything to work is another.

On 10/19/2017 at 2:46 PM, lordawesome7 said:

razers product were always of low quality from my experience

Yes they made the crappiest( faulty thin left mouse button) 2012 MMO mouse this side of the Pacific, not even sure what it was called anymore. Only know they miraculously changed the design of the left mouse button the following year and refused to honor any warranties( even though it was less than 6 mos after purchase) using the physical abuse of item clause. When I asked them how they think an 11 yr old( my son) who plays WoW would have abused the mouse..no response...nope that and every other product( except mousepad) has broken without warranty replacement

>>>>> Sum it up RAZER SUCKS ASS

9 hours ago, Cloud_1 said:

Yes they made the crappiest( faulty thin left mouse button) 2012 MMO mouse this side of the Pacific, not even sure what it was called anymore. Only know they miraculously changed the design of the left mouse button the following year and refused to honor any warranties( even though it was less than 6 mos after purchase) using the physical abuse of item clause. When I asked them how they think an 11 yr old( my son) who plays WoW would have abused the mouse..no response...nope that and every other product( except mousepad) has broken without warranty replacement

>>>>> Sum it up RAZER SUCKS ASS

wow, that sucks

for me, my (wot edition) kraken barely lasted a year; ear cushions feel apart due to cheap coating (and you can't even replace em either), the wire was no better than my $10 headset i use in a hurry; they were meh until the ear cushion tears were unbearable and the wire was giving out despite minimal strains. If i didn't get the kv 220 2, i'd be quite disappointed (still a shit product though)

Odd. I've had better experiences with them CS-wise. I had my headsets and mice RMA'd no hassle. I'm on hyper x cloud 2s for headsets now, though.

Razer tends to have a shit reputation since they sell way more peripherals than others and people have a tendency to voice complaints rather than praise. This isn't to say all their products are quality though.

3 hours ago, Fulcrous said:

Odd. I've had better experiences with them CS-wise. I had my headsets and mice RMA'd no hassle. I'm on hyper x cloud 2s for headsets now, though.

Razer tends to have a shit reputation since they sell way more peripherals than others and people have a tendency to voice complaints rather than praise. This isn't to say all their products are quality though.

nvm, you're just saying what you have

i also use a cloud 2, they are the best headsets i've ever had

On 22/10/2017 at 1:07 PM, lordawesome7 said:

wow, that sucks

for me, my (wot edition) kraken barely lasted a year; ear cushions feel apart due to cheap coating (and you can't even replace em either), the wire was no better than my $10 headset i use in a hurry; they were meh until the ear cushion tears were unbearable and the wire was giving out despite minimal strains. If i didn't get the kv 220 2, i'd be quite disappointed (still a shit product though)

I had a wot razer deathadder for over 3 years before the left click died. I ended up fixing it at some point and it still works, though I don't use it anymore.

rn im using the deathadder chroma. been a year and feels really nice. i may switch back to steelseries when my mouse dies just to have variety.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0