Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Star_Dust

Unable to be relevant with heavies.

8 posts in this topic

Ive found myself disliking heavily any sort of slow tank, I simply can't seem to get them right anyhow... Only OP things like Defender seem to click to me, light tanks are okay tho, mediums too.

Still I was wondering if anyone could give me any pointers on which are the most detrimental mistakes I make? it's fine to use any sort of language, I want the raw truth, even if your only opinion is "uninstall"

Thank you very much for whoever that reads, patience. 

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3896016#winterberg-star_dust-tiger_ii

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3896016#winterberg-star_dust-tiger_ii

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3896021#pilsen-star_dust-tiger_ii

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3896022#swamp-star_dust-tiger_ii

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3896023#arctic_region-star_dust-amx_50_100

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3896026#erlenberg-star_dust-amx_50_120

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3896027#fisherman_s_bay-star_dust-amx_50_120

In general, thinking back and with a bit of instrospection, I figured I rush way too much to action when I'm on bottom tier, there also seems to be a very huge problem with my damage capacity many times needing way too much time to effectively do anything relevant, the matches that bother me the most are the last 3 ones since I really like the support roles but I seem to fail miserably at it. There's a bunch of 0 damage or mediocre damage replays that I've got available. I really need any advice I can get, thank you very much tankers!.

I didn't watch replays but 50120 and T2 are not prime examples of HT's in WOT.

Also 252U mediocre. 

@Star_Dust

Since yesterday I didn't play like shit, I feel entitled to point out your mistakes. I won't deeply analyze your replays, but I will point out some general mistakes, and bad habits. First of all because I am lazy, and secondly I ask you to watch and analyze your own replays based on the points I will make. If you can do that, then the next step is to analyze your gameplay while you are playing.

As a clan mate once told me: "Did you ever see yourself playing? It looks like shit." I watched my replay and it indeed looked like shit.:babyrage:

1. Information game and positioning: I can tell you are probably tunnel visioning most of the time. Not just that but you don't watch the minimap. Example If you see your team takes the other flank without any resistance, that means every enemy tank is in your flank even if they are not spotted yet. You know they will try to push you, then you should either run, or create a crossfire and make them pay for the push as much as possible. If you are on a given flank check you surroundings constantly. I had to detach the camera in your replays all the time, because I didn't see what is happening in the battle around you. Questions you should ask yourself:

Mini-map:How much map control do we have? Which tanks can be on my flank? Are they going to push us? Should we push them? 

Surroundings: What is my ally doing?:MingLee:Can they flank us? Can we flank them? Did the enemy tank shot? Who killed my ally?(It is useful to locate bush wankers.)

2. Trades and pew-pew: You need to learn more about the armor layout of the tanks. The following things need to pen an enemy tank: He need to be spotted (except blind shots), you need to have line of sight (fuck arty), your gun needs to be loaded, you need to hit him, and you need to pen him. If you can't do any of these on an enemy tank, then don't bother trying to shoot him. Examples: Don't try to snipe the turret of an IS-7 because you are never going to hit the 3 pixel weak-spot. Don't shoot the lower plate of the type 5 with tiger 2 because it never going to pen. Your peekaboo game is bad. You generally don't want to peek on multiple tanks if they can pen. You also don't want to play like that against tanks with bigger alpha. Those are bad trades you want to avoid. Specially don't trade badly on a losing flank. Questions: Can he damage me?(Does he see me?, Is he looking towards me?, Can he hit me?, Can he pen me?) Can I damage him? (same questions...) Would this be a good trade for me?

There are much more to git good, but you should start with these. Good luck and try to avoid playing shit tanks.

@TAdoo87  thanks a bunch for your summary!.

A little bit of answering and inspection. 

For starters, yes, I often get tunnel vision, sometimes I get so focused on what is going on in front of me, also me thinking "How the heck will I manage to get through them?" that I forgot other folks are creeping behind us to get side shots, an example is in the fight on my Tiger II where I tried to hit the Type 4, I loaded APCR to attempt to hit the lower plate, since I know the small driver hatches (if you can even pen them at all) and the lower plate are relativelly weaker than the structure (still over 230MM tho) so I tried my luck, but you're right, it's a stupid move that placed me on danger and needlessly got me hurt by other tanks. A question is, what should I do when I'm faced with these situations? I often find myself in a flank with the two top dogs blocking my way of moving or retreating, I also know that if I hadn't been where I was on my Tiger II, the other tanks would just have swarmed right through and the flank would had been lost in half the time it was lost. But then again, I barelly did anything relevant, which could had been a good option?

There's many times when I find myself invested in a flank with little possibility to retreat, not to mention the Tigers weapon isnt good enough (I dont have the top gun but I still dont think it would make much a difference penetration wise) so what would be a good thing to do agaisnt super heavies? like the Type's, or E75s-E100 (aside shooting the super small cupula bar thing) or IS7? 

About the AMX 50 120, yeah... I cannot put to good use it's strengths, it feels nice the handling and depression on the gun but somehow I always screw up in the last seconds and get myself killed, things that I dont understand about this tank is how to play it when there's a massive ammount of armor on both sides? For example, Fishermen Bay, one side has really strong TD's, the other one has super heavies, if I go middle Arty rekts me or I end up being played by medium tanks, so I ponder these questions a lot, "Where can I be most effective? What can I do to stay relevant?" Against my own will I tend to go up the hill most of the times, just to end up frustrated. 

Overall I think I also need to read more about positioning on maps and places where tanks can use their strengths, as well as learning better the armor models. 

If any input could be made on my answers it would be greatly appreciated!.

Thank you very much for your patience :)

1 hour ago, Star_Dust said:

For starters, yes, I often get tunnel vision, sometimes I get so focused on what is going on in front of me, also me thinking "How the heck will I manage to get through them?" that I forgot other folks are creeping behind us to get side shots, an example is in the fight on my Tiger II where I tried to hit the Type 4, I loaded APCR to attempt to hit the lower plate, since I know the small driver hatches (if you can even pen them at all) and the lower plate are relativelly weaker than the structure (still over 230MM tho) so I tried my luck, but you're right, it's a stupid move that placed me on danger and needlessly got me hurt by other tanks. A question is, what should I do when I'm faced with these situations? I often find myself in a flank with the two top dogs blocking my way of moving or retreating, I also know that if I hadn't been where I was on my Tiger II, the other tanks would just have swarmed right through and the flank would had been lost in half the time it was lost. But then again, I barelly did anything relevant, which could had been a good option?

There's many times when I find myself invested in a flank with little possibility to retreat, not to mention the Tigers weapon isnt good enough (I dont have the top gun but I still dont think it would make much a difference penetration wise) so what would be a good thing to do agaisnt super heavies? like the Type's, or E75s-E100 (aside shooting the super small cupula bar thing) or IS7? 

What you wanted to do with your tiger 2 was area denying. Which can be useful, but it only works if you are dangerous. The tiger 2 does not have a stopping force against a type 4. The best thing you can do is not fight them. Bouncing tanks won't win games. Try to pick flanks where you can actually fight tanks. If you can't pen them, then either run or flank.

The only exception is when you have support or you are supporting someone. If someone is supporting you, then you can create a cross fire and then one of you can pen the tank.  If you are supporting a TD or an autoloader for example you can track the tank for them.

On 21.10.2017 at 7:35 PM, Star_Dust said:

For starters, yes, I often get tunnel vision, sometimes I get so focused on what is going on in front of me, also me thinking "How the heck will I manage to get through them?"

I still have this problem at times. The best cure I have for this is to repeat for myself 'now remember to look at minimap every 5 secs' before the start of each game.
Combine this with 'stay in arcade as much as possible-fuck sniper mode' the last is also a good cure to lift your chin up and get the overall picture== maintain your
situational awareness

On the plus side, a LOT of the problems you are having in the Tiger II will no longer be problems in an E75.  Thats a real heavy tank and with the 128mm you can start winning trades and making people fear your peeks instead of vice versa.

13 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

On the plus side, a LOT of the problems you are having in the Tiger II will no longer be problems in an E75.  Thats a real heavy tank and with the 128mm you can start winning trades and making people fear your peeks instead of vice versa.

Sadly, I ended up selling the Tiger 2 out of frustration... It was difficult for me to return to where the action was if I screwed up (among other circumstances) so I ended up straight up selling it :/

Perhaps one day I will take it back and attempt to do it right, but I doubt such day is any close, right now I'm having huge issues with my win rate, I'm trying to not be so tunneled visioned but I got troubles with assessing the map circumstances, I will add some replays whenever I get super bad games.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0