Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Va1heru

Replacement mouse for G400s

25 posts in this topic

So I bought my Logitech G400s all the way back in 2013 when I built my first PC. I was using the Razer Deathadder WoT edition for a few months (rare tank yo) but the scroll wheel broke and I didn't like it nearly as much as my G400s.

Fast forward to a few months ago and I notice the two buttons on the left hand side of the mouse I use for Rep and Med kits in WoT are starting to fail. Only recently has it really affected me (worst case was double ammorack because I slammed the rep kit button 5 times by the time it decided to work and the 140 had time to shoot me again as soon as it registered repair, much fun was had.)

 

I did a little research, came up with this looking like a pretty good replacement. The only problem is that most opinions on Mice are purely subjective. All I know is that Logitech has really shit the bed since I bought the G400s and that Razer is overpriced rubbish.

 

Basically all I want is a regular mouse, good build quality/warranty, clickable scroll wheel (idk if thats standard but I use that to toggle sniper mode so its a requirement) and 2 re-programmable keys on the left hand side near where my thumb rests. 

Price wise I'm not too fussed, as long as it isn't cheap shit or overpriced rubbish then I'm pretty cruisy.

 

Thanks yo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When in doubt... Steelseries Rival/Senseis or Zowie EC/FK-1s

The logitech g502 also felt pretty comfortable for me but I do have smaller hands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah the newer Logitec mice arn't to everyones liking - for my taste they are too narrow.

 

You might want to look into "reparing" your current mouse first. Often it's only dirt that got into the way ...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I use a Roccat Kone Pure. (Which looks to be an older model of the one you've linked) and its the single most comfortable mouse Ive ever used. Its amazingly good. Though on my particular model the mouse surface has sort of started coming off and its quite yuck (I should probably get a new one) dunno if they have fixed that for newer ones though - and I would 100% buy again (and probably will)

Second, I have a Logitech G403 which I use for my laptop, which is also REALLY good. Its not as thin as other new logitech mice as folter mentioned, so if you want to stick with them it might be worth a look

Edit: on closer inspection yeah that mouse is almost identical in shape to mine. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked up the (wireless!) G602 for 29€ some time ago and I really enjoy it, can't notice a different to my previous cable mice and it fixes my issue of the cable always breaking. You might find better stuff with your budget though. And no fancy RGB rainbows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been using Logitech 500's (various models) for a bit, and recently switched to a REDRAGON thingy... can update with exact model when I get home.

Benefits of the REDRAGON thingy:
Larger than most mice (I've big hands)
Weighted (same thing, I like the inertia)
Decent amount of buttons, not the shitton of an MMO mouse, but includes clickable wheel, 3 for thumb, and a DPI toggle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been using the Logitech G700s for a little over a year and I really like it. It can switch between wired and wireless have had no issues with it. Would buy it again when I need a new mouse if it is still in production.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i got this beast on sale for $40 http://www.corsair.com/en-us/m65-pro-rgb-fps-gaming-mouse-black

 

it has a big red sniper button which is quite handy for hitting small weakpoints while keeping the higher (by deafult, i made it 4.5K DPI) to react to enemy movements and potential flankers

 

its way better than the G4202 (something like that) which had the plastic bubble up from regular use, that and the mouse wheel button stopped working after barely a year and a half of use, im glad i switched, this is a much better mouse with everything i need and it has weights that you can remove if you want it to be lighter (or heavier if you get heavier weights, i think the default ones do the job for the most part)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a 400s and it was good until the scrollwheel gave out. Was using some cheapie in the interim but went out last weekend and got a new keyboard and mouse.

Corsair harpoon for $69 at JB is doing the trick for me now, feels nice, better than the G400s even. 2 Thumb buttons, big clickable scroll wheel, adjust DPI on the fly etc. Good bang for the buck.

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Corsair/Harpoon_RGB/6.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cronk said:

Had a 400s and it was good until the scrollwheel gave out. Was using some cheapie in the interim but went out last weekend and got a new keyboard and mouse.

Corsair harpoon for $69 at JB is doing the trick for me now, feels nice, better than the G400s even. 2 Thumb buttons, big clickable scroll wheel, adjust DPI on the fly etc. Good bang for the buck.

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Corsair/Harpoon_RGB/6.html

why get that over the M65 pro? it looks like a way more bare bones version of it without a sniper button (and you spend $70 on a $30 mouse, why?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lordawesome7 said:

why get that over the M65 pro? it looks like a way more bare bones version of it without a sniper button (and you spend $70 on a $30 mouse, why?)

Because in Australia (where OP and I both live) a $30 mouse costs $70. Could maybe buy one online for $40ish (after currency conversion) and wait 2 weeks for it to show up I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, lordawesome7 said:

corsair m65

118mm long, 115 grams :eww:

literally a brick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

So, I use a Roccat Kone Pure. (Which looks to be an older model of the one you've linked) and its the single most comfortable mouse Ive ever used. Its amazingly good. Though on my particular model the mouse surface has sort of started coming off and its quite yuck (I should probably get a new one) dunno if they have fixed that for newer ones though - and I would 100% buy again (and probably will)

Second, I have a Logitech G403 which I use for my laptop, which is also REALLY good. Its not as thin as other new logitech mice as folter mentioned, so if you want to stick with them it might be worth a look

Edit: on closer inspection yeah that mouse is almost identical in shape to mine. 

 

Does the scroll wheel "click" when you press it in? Yours seems to be the exact same as the one I linked except without the rgb bs which is nicer as well. The only thing stopping me from buying it is the description says "solid scroll wheel" and I have no idea what that means 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Va1heru said:

Does the scroll wheel "click" when you press it in? Yours seems to be the exact same as the one I linked except without the rgb bs which is nicer as well. The only thing stopping me from buying it is the description says "solid scroll wheel" and I have no idea what that means 

I recorded it for you

you can also see the damage to the mouse surface on the right button there as well, so just bare that in mind. mines several years old so I don't know whether or not they fixed that issue with newer models. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fulvin said:

118mm long, 115 grams :eww:

literally a brick

you must be a twig, its actually feels lighter since i brought it, i must be growing since im still young but its fai from a brick, i move it around with ease and i actually put all the weights back in (from before when i moved them out so i could tune the weight better)

7 hours ago, Cronk said:

Because in Australia (where OP and I both live) a $30 mouse costs $70. Could maybe buy one online for $40ish (after currency conversion) and wait 2 weeks for it to show up I guess.

i'd wait the 2 weeks if it meant i'd be getting a great mouse at that price

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've recently got a logitech pro.

Pretty minimalist, which is what you are looking for

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used the G400s for years until recently when I needed to upgrade to meet tournament regulations. I did some testing and ended up getting the G403 Prodigy... Its an excellent mouse, especially as an alternative to the G400s, the size/shape is very similar, buttons are more sensitive and responsive and the scroll wheel is excellent. Not to mention its on the more affordable side of the price range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i used SS sense raw silver. This

it good have control panel for custom dpi and effective accelerate mouse. I bought another one SS rival 95 it basic and like use to be cheap + comfort.

i haven't try new sensei and rival 700.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IanSanJR said:

i used SS sense raw silver. This

it good have control panel for custom dpi and effective accelerate mouse. I bought another one SS rival 95 it basic and like use to be cheap + comfort.

i haven't try new sensei and rival 700.

I ran the steelseries sensei [raw] for quite a while (white edition). It was an amazing mouse, but the only issue was DPI customization (i.e. couldn't get specific numbers - if I wanted 500, I had to settle with 510).
Comfort during extended usage was also an issue for me due to the ambidextrous design.

Nonetheless, an amazing mouse but it should be avoided for extended use and if you need a specific DPI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly the Deathadder's never failed me. The only issue I had with it was a cheapo mousepad and after I replaced it the Deathadder's been working as new. Had the same DA since 2013 and still working as new

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

XbPeIL3.jpg

 

been using more than 1.5 years like this. coat skin is peel off due hand sweating.

probably made in white plastic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's literally the sensei raw underneath lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.