kaneaaa

Does wg manipulate the mm in ways other than they admit to?

62 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, canadiantrex said:

This thread belongs on the goddamn official forums.

For fuck sake.

it would be closed after 15 minutes

6 minutes ago, Vindi said:

Seems like a good outcome.

11 minutes ago, Vindi said:

On the official forum, a thread like this one never closes.  It gets bumped down the list by the next MM/hacks/rigged/arty whine threads until people stop posting in it. 

8 minutes ago, Errants said:

I need to buy stock in Reynolds Wrap with all the theories and half-baked notions flying around this thread...

If there is one company would woul put bots on live server, fidle with mm to fuck over good players or scre you over one way or another, its WG.

They track everything, store everything, and are in full control, how else can they ban people for ``mods``, who havent played in 4 weeks? im 100% sure the game runs 10 different scan things on the background to see what ur doing and everything gets send back to the server.

14 hours ago, canadiantrex said:

Wtf people... A couple years ago this thread would have been downvoted to hell and laughed off of wotlabs.

Harden the fuck up. Get gud, son.

3 hours ago, canadiantrex said:

Confirmation bias out the ass for days in this thread.

It's map design, purples unwilling to adapt, and the rabid platoon v platoon matchmaking.

2 hours ago, canadiantrex said:

This thread belongs on the goddamn official forums.

For fuck sake.

2 hours ago, canadiantrex said:

Seems like a good outcome.

But....I always thought the official forums were for serial posters with nothing to say....?

Holy crap guys:

1. By default, a forced 3-5-7 system will make top-tier platoons less likely. In a 3-man platoon (tier 8 for example) the following is true:

There is one combination which gives you top tier (3 of you, 5, 7)

There are 5 choose 3 (10) combinations of positioning where you end up as middle tier

There are 7 choose 3 (35) combinations where you end up as bottom tier!

By grouping 3 tanks of the same tier, you are either forcing the creation of a match which is basically just for you, or getting shoved into a match where you are not top tier. 

I am not sure how rigid 3-5-7 is (being retired at all) but a fundamental mathematical property of fixed matchmaking is to reduce the ability to form top-tier groupings. 3-man unicum platoons were probably bad for the game as a whole anyways - people playing against you get stomped most of the time, and the people on your team barely get a chance to do anything. Forcing these guys down the list gives average players a chance more often, while not affecting solo players at all. It is specifically a nerf against super-platoons, which I admit we used to run regularly often using a broken FOTM mechanic (3x M4 derp anyone?) which reduced the overall quality of gameplay. 

2. Confirmation Bias up the Wazoo. You notice when you leave a tank at 1hp or bounce due to a low pen roll, but unless you are bad enough to shoot at something you shouldn't be penetrating anyways the favorable effects of RNG will not even be noticed. Unicums will almost never hit a piece of armor they have a less than 50% chance of penetrating - they will aim somewhere else. HIgh rolls are overkill and not noticed - low rolls are. 

The mere fact that better players are actually aiming makes any RNG a hindrance since it can only make you miss where you wanted to aim - positive RNG only works for badly aimed shots by definition. 

3. WG does not have to manipulate anything on the back end to cause these effects. They are fundamental properties of the known game engine which need no additional explanation. If there was beneficial RNG changes for bad (or good) players, they would not be that hard to identify in any sort of controlled testing. Since they have not been proven after years and millions of games, the most likely result is the null hypothesis, or "working as intended."

Basically, this is WOTLABS, not INFOWOT. Conspiracy theories need to go back to reddit where they belong. 

Ask yourselves this: How often do WG put out a release or patch where something breaks, usually something that's been in the game for ages? 

If they can't get the basics right, what makes you think they can flawlessly and silently run all these subtle and complex out-to-fuck-me algorithms?

And if you have to play harder for wins, maybe its partially due to the fact that people on the enemy team are doing a good job of actually trying to beat you?

12 minutes ago, AdrianK said:

And if you have to play harder for wins, maybe its partially due to the fact that people on the enemy team are doing a good job of actually trying to beat you?

THIS!!!

When I lose, it is usually not because of a rigged game... either I made a play mistake and played poorly; I played well, but it wasn't team play, just solo, and so the rest of the team lost; or, I was outplayed by the enemy, as in I didn't play well enough...

1 out of 3 is not in my control, as I can't alter the enemies' skill. The other two are 100% on me, and the more I fix being too passive/aggressive/campy/farmy/stupid, the more I win.

WG is not out to get me, you, 45% shitters, or 65% unicums. WG is out to get all of us, in our pocketbooks, because they are a business. That's it. Now, I'm gonna find some Alcoa shares for cheap.

Every single battle on Lowe was on new MM. Over 60% WR. Tier 8. Heavy tank. Pure solo play. Am I missing something? 

Also my max average WR is 60,76% and I'm okay with this. Usually I play better than this and then 1-2 days with 40% WR. Because I get worse teams and teams get worse me (tilt). 

That is all. No place for tinfoil hats. 

Ow bloody hell guys, are you really dragging me into an MM is rigged discussion of old like on the official forums?

I'll summarize my view point since 2011. MM 15 vs 15; in the form it has always been, with random players and random RNG, favours baddies and pulls everyone to the mean. You don't need to rig such a system to hurt the good players. All changes since then also favour pulling players to the mean (premium ammo for credits, limited MM spread, the 3-5-7), it all serves the diminish the impact of one player - and the 3-5-7; of a platoon on average - on the outcome of a game (although premium ammo plus 3man-platoons and no 3-5-7 made 80% possible for a while). You don't even need rigging for that. If you do cry rigging, numbers and data god damnit, because if you are human you will always belief the system is out to get you based on perception only.

TL:DR: WoT is a success because the MM is rigged without it being actually rigged.

Miros, preach preacher.

For the conspiracy theorists....

That's why you layin on your back, lookin at the roof of the church
Preacher tellin the truth and it hurts.

my last 100 games solo. fortunately I'm teal so wargaming's hacks don't work on me :doge:

htKw5eh.jpg