Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dualmaster333

November Tank Marathons

25 posts in this topic

I'm bored, so I'm starting this thread to have a place to complain when we're grinding stupid missions for tanks we don't really want. We can also laugh at the Euros who don't have the event (even though they'll probably have it in the next month). 

The Good:

• You can get a Mutz, T34, or IS-6 for 15 days of moderate grind
  • If you don't want these tanks, the T34 would be worth 6000 gold on a future trade in
  • The first 10 days of grind are only 1-2 hours of play

The Bad:

• The last 10 days start to be a grind so screw you if you miss the first 10 days
  • You get a Mutz, T34, or IS-6 which are not great premiums

Going for the Mutz

The Mutz is okay as far as 240 alpha mediums go, but that class is pretty bad overall. It's a raw damage grind which means you want to play tier 9 or 10. Some people are saying it is the worse grind, but I think it is the easier one. Because it is based purely on your performance, you can have a clear picture of how much time is required to finish it. Just take your average DPG in a tank, calculate the number of battles, and figure 7-8 battles an hour. Even with sucky teams you should be able to do it consistently.

Difficulty is obviously dependent on skill level. If you can put out 3k average in a tier 9/10 that's 5 games the first day, ~14 games the 15th day, or 1-2 hours a day.

Going for the T34/IS-6

About half of these days require winning battles; the other half is an odd mixture of stuff. Having to win battles can be rather frustrating as even good players can get bad streaks (the other day I started a session by going 1 for 7). By later days these missions become more time intensive than the Mutz missions. By day 15 it requires winning 18 battles which can easily be 25-30 games. Platoon up to make life easier and hope for the best. Note the last 3 days are actually not too difficult for a skilled player: Top XP in 3 games is great for mid tier lights, Top 10 XP in 30 games is a straight grind, and destroy 5 in one battle shouldn't be too bad with good tank selection.

Tips for damage missions:

• Not much to say here, play your highest DPG tanks
  • Play any tank you enjoy
  • Grind out a new tank so you don't realize you're actually wasting your life
  • Play tier 8 premiums with credit boost and bask in piles of silver

Tips for winning:

• Platoon with someone better than you
  • Tier 4-7 is easier to win. Tier 5/7 prefs are particularly good
  • Tier 4-7 has faster games; I usually get ~2 more games per hour here than at high tiers
  • Gold rounds, premium account, autoaim, OP tanks, and any other hacks that make u gud
  • Play T49, because even when you lose the battle you still #WIN the game

Tips for getting kills:

• There's only a few missions for this, but I find mid tiers are easiest for this. Some of my Tier 5 prefs have almost 3 KPG

--------------------------------

I'm personally going to head for the IS-6 because I don't have one and have always been curious. No, I don't expect it to be any good. I doubt I'll have the motivation to do either of the others but once day 10 arrives I'll see where I'm at with the other two.

Probably going for the T34 cuz 'Merica and the mutz missions look harder for us filthy casual green shitters.  Don't believe the lies - the IS-6 is still a great tank, you just need to know not fight E75s in it.  

I'd really rather have a mutz though, maybe I'll change my mind tonight.

1 hour ago, Archaic_One said:

Probably going for the T34 cuz 'Merica and the mutz missions look harder for us filthy casual green shitters.  Don't believe the lies - the IS-6 is still a great tank, you just need to know not fight E75s in it.  

I'd really rather have a mutz though, maybe I'll change my mind tonight.

I have one, and apart from the pen, the Patton KR takes it out back behind the woodshed and thrashes it everytime, IMHO.  But between Fatton and Jagdzilla, the damage missions shouldn't be too hard.

For the top XP missions I'll go full trytard in my type 64.  460+ glorious meters of VR at tier 6.

4 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

Don't believe the lies - the IS-6 is still a great tank, you just need to know not fight E75s in it.

Or defenders.... patriots ... O-Hos... AMX MLE 49s... VK 10001Ps... T32s... and then the list for tier 9s... WZ-111G FT, Foch, VK 4502B, Mauschen, Type 4, Emil 2, Conqueror, Tortoise, T95, etc.

Who am I kidding. With 175 standard penetration and 217 APCR, virtually everything shits on the IS-6 now.

They are free trade in tanks.

Just do t34 and is6 missions from 1 to 9 then either get a token plus a mission or do a couple of mission that are sort of easy.

Done u get a huge amount of reserves and free gold

Doing IS-6 even though I already have the regular one for 1) black jokes and 2) possibly trading it in for a T-34-3.

Trying for all 3. Although I'll probably give up at some point. Those damage/kills missions won't be hard...but win 18 games in each of two tanks...that's going to be challenging.

I have the T34 and IS6, and the black mutz already (would I receive gold for the mutz or? I don't understand the trading system, but I'd imagine the T34 would have the highest value since it's the most expensive of the 3? 

17 minutes ago, RC_Tank said:

I have the T34 and IS6, and the black mutz already (would I receive gold for the mutz or? I don't understand the trading system, but I'd imagine the T34 would have the highest value since it's the most expensive of the 3? 

For these you do not get gold compensation because WG is incredibly cheap. For the trade in you get half the gold value of the tank so the T34 would be best (worth 6000 gold on a trade in).

Already missed one day of grinding because so busy at work. Probably not going to be able to do this. Bleh. The damage one is certainly achievable if you play tier 8-10 tanks at a half decent level, so I'd actually say it's a very generous marathon mission compared to some of the others they've done in the past.

21 minutes ago, Balthazars said:

Already missed one day of grinding because so busy at work. Probably not going to be able to do this. Bleh. The damage one is certainly achievable if you play tier 8-10 tanks at a half decent level, so I'd actually say it's a very generous marathon mission compared to some of the others they've done in the past.

You can do the mission in two days.

21 hours ago, dualmaster333 said:

I'm bored, so I'm starting this thread to have a place to complain when we're grinding stupid missions for tanks we don't really want. We can also laugh at the Euros who don't have the event (even though they'll probably have it in the next month).......

This was a nice write-up to put the event into perspective. Thanks.

I'll attempt all three until the grinds or the wife force me to stop. :ohgod:

I see tomorrow requires 7500 XP. I really hope boosters and first wins work for that because tomorrow is a long day for me and I definitely don't want to grind any tanks.

And thats why I won't get it done. Can't spread the volume to the weekends all the time. 

On 11/3/2017 at 11:02 AM, dualmaster333 said:

I see tomorrow requires 7500 XP. I really hope boosters and first wins work for that because tomorrow is a long day for me and I definitely don't want to grind any tanks.

They do. High base xp game with a good booster and you can it in one game.

19 minutes ago, Sprak said:

They do. High base xp game with a good booster and you can it in one game.

Yep, got the T34 mission with one game and the IS mission with two!

3 hours ago, dualmaster333 said:

Yep, got the T34 mission with one game and the IS mission with two!

Out of town is why daily marathons don't work for me :(

I did just wander across the NYC marathon though, in search of a bagel.

Today was the perfect example of why missions that require winning suck balls. I got the first 3 in the first 3 games. The next 3 took 14 games. Couldn't buy a win, except for my zero damage game which we won easily.

FWIW Grand Battles count for damage missions. Obviously you can't anticipate how many you'll get, but probably pushes the optimal way to grind them towards Tier 10s (not that it wasn't already).

Up until today I've only missed one mission out of all three tanks for all days. I figured I have some time to grind so I would get early days done and then see what I wanted to do later on. Well today with interest in any aspect of the game waning, I made the decision for sanity and decided I will only be pursuing the IS-6 missions.

Of course I won only 1 out of 4 games today, but since the mission was kills it didn't matter. The ability of skill to win at this game is hardly better than poker.

Part of the decision for me is looking at the tanks I have in my garage and want to play. The only German lines I'm on are the E75 and JPII and I just didn't relish playing them enough. I enjoy my US and Russian lines more, and I have a lot more variety of tanks to play (including prems for simultaneous credit grinding) so I've been going for those. And if I end up enjoying it enough to finish the missions and get a duplicate T34 and IS6 (but with ugly black paint) I'll either sell them or trade them in for stuff.

29 minutes ago, Darvek said:

Part of the decision for me is looking at the tanks I have in my garage and want to play. The only German lines I'm on are the E75 and JPII and I just didn't relish playing them enough. I enjoy my US and Russian lines more, and I have a lot more variety of tanks to play (including prems for simultaneous credit grinding) so I've been going for those. And if I end up enjoying it enough to finish the missions and get a duplicate T34 and IS6 (but with ugly black paint) I'll either sell them or trade them in for stuff.

Yeah, having some good/fun/tolerable premiums will be particularly valuable once you need to start winning 12/15/18+ games. Pop those credits boosters and settle in for a few hours of credit grinding.

On 11/2/2017 at 2:29 PM, dualmaster333 said:

We can also laugh at the Euros who don't have the event (even though they'll probably have it in the next month). 

No we wont :doge: 

8 hours ago, dualmaster333 said:

Ahahaha suckers:disco:

There is noo need for free stuff when server is full of people.

They investing big time in US server to keep it alive.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0