Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kaneaaa

Campaign personal missions: most unfun ever

20 posts in this topic

I really want the t55a. I need to complete Mt 15 and ht 15. It's like pulling teeth!!!! Any advice on how to complete so I can get back to enjoying the game? I really find the personal missions a chore... 

The only 'real' advice I can give on that is to quit trying. The personal missions are a chore, a mindless task requiring too much to fall your direction. I was helping a friend complete Arty 15-3, in a period of about 15 battles the mission was completed 3 times, except for the most important part: Winning. 

Completing the Obj 260 missions, I just had to quit trying:. Sure, I'd ready up in tanks which could complete the mission, but with VERY rare circumstance did I attempt to actually complete the mission. Play, let the game develop the way it shall, dont worry about it. 

C

3 hours ago, TheMarine0341 said:

The only 'real' advice I can give on that is to quit trying. The personal missions are a chore, a mindless task requiring too much to fall your direction. I was helping a friend complete Arty 15-3, in a period of about 15 battles the mission was completed 3 times, except for the most important part: Winning. 

Completing the Obj 260 missions, I just had to quit trying:. Sure, I'd ready up in tanks which could complete the mission, but with VERY rare circumstance did I attempt to actually complete the mission. Play, let the game develop the way it shall, dont worry about it. 

You know I think youre right. Had the same thing in arty 15 for stug 4. I hate playing arty but wanted to free up some orders. Every time I completed my bit the team lost, real bot fails. Horrible game mode very mindless. 

2 hours ago, kaneaaa said:

C

You know I think youre right. Had the same thing in arty 15 for stuff 4. I hate playing arty but wanted to free up some orders. Every time I completed my bit the team lost, real bit fails. Horrible game mode very mindless. 

yeah, this going back to WG not understanding their own game, the missions are poorly design and take more luck than skill to do

1 hour ago, lordawesome7 said:

yeah, this going back to WG not understanding their own game, the missions are poorly design and take more luck than skill to do

No, they perfectly know their game, most of the top 1% not however. The missions require dedication... mindless playing of 100s, 1000s of games... They just coat it as a reward for being skilled, but nothing in this game is actually for the skilled. Every change over the last years has been to improve the gameplay for the bottom 95% and take away the things that the top 1% used to gain an advantage.

HT 15 should be easy if you have the right tank. Just play it a while. Do you have the Maus? Wait for being top tier with t8s on lakeville, drive the lake road and sidescrape. Get spotted. If not just play any superheavy, ru heavy at t9 to t10

31 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

HT 15 should be easy if you have the right tank. Just play it a while. Do you have the Maus? Wait for being top tier with t8s on lakeville, drive the lake road and sidescrape. Get spotted. If not just play any superheavy, ru heavy at t9 to t10

I have the is7 but 12000 seems alot...

5 minutes ago, kaneaaa said:

Until you YOLO mid on Lakeville with the right MM, or a MAUS into the same situation

For HT-15, just get a Maus. For MT-15, get a rabbit's foot. 

5 minutes ago, monjardin said:

MT-15.4, Obj something (430/140/907, forget which it was), south spawn on Erlenberg. Went to the 1/2 sniping hill, and farmed TD's while abusing camo. honestly, though, earned it totally by surprise, and only realized I needed to try for honors at the end, when I was ~200 HP... Pre-rework, though. Dunno what the current requirements are.

10 minutes ago, monjardin said:

Sadly dont have the Maus. Is7 really

6 hours ago, TheMarine0341 said:

Play, let the game develop the way it shall, dont worry about it. 

Pretty much this, the times I have completed the x15 missions have always been when I wasn't even trying, let them just happen, they will eventually.

2 hours ago, kaneaaa said:

is7 is problematic since people are not super keen on shooting it. You need a tank that gives people a hope of pening. Remember you need 12k blocked + bounced + dmg taken. You loose 1k hp in most battles, you should do 4-5k dmg on a regular basis so all you need to do is bounce 6k. Have a tank with strong sides and overangle

2 hours ago, TheMarine0341 said:

Until you YOLO mid on Lakeville with the right MM, or a MAUS into the same situation

People never shoot at my is7 but someones advice (yours?) about doing that for the Maus worked like a charm. Well that or IS4. 

Got ht 15 done with the new tier 10 german after 2 hours of selecting the mission.

2 hours ago, 1n_Soviet_Russia said:

For MT-15 play on NA :MingLee:

for ht12 dont play on NA because people are too quick to switch to gold or HE as well :MingLee:

12 hours ago, Epic said:

No, they perfectly know their game, most of the top 1% not however. The missions require dedication... mindless playing of 100s, 1000s of games... They just coat it as a reward for being skilled, but nothing in this game is actually for the skilled. Every change over the last years has been to improve the gameplay for the bottom 95% and take away the things that the top 1% used to gain an advantage.

This.

WG's entire view on skill is "If you are skilled you will get xxx quicker". 

Which is why ranked battles is actually just grind-battles.

You grind your way to ranks. Their reasoning is "If you are good you will get to a higher rank quicker. If you aren't as good then you can still get to the same rank, it'll just take you a longer time". 

Goes against the entire point of skill but whatever. 

Yeah, unfortunately players have learned a few things over the years and one of them is to not waste shots on hull down tanks with good turrets.  Now people know that if you are in a T32, Kranvagn, IS-7, STI, etc - they either don't shoot or instantly go to HE.  The days of bouncing 3k-4k routinely in a T29 just are gone.  Fascist sidescrapers are the name of the game now, and even that has been seriously hampered by the Japanese land arty sling gold HE at the side of my E100 turret.

On 4/11/2017 at 9:21 AM, MagicalFlyingFox said:

This.

WG's entire view on skill is "If you are skilled you will get xxx quicker". 

Which is why ranked battles is actually just grind-battles.

You grind your way to ranks. Their reasoning is "If you are good you will get to a higher rank quicker. If you aren't as good then you can still get to the same rank, it'll just take you a longer time". 

Goes against the entire point of skill but whatever. 

You did not need to go this far to understand this. Arty is allowed in this mode. Stop. No need to explain further. 

If they want to award skill first thing they need to do is to no allow arty to play. Then we can talk. Until then whatever they do skill shall never be considered in ranked.

Tried the is7 for ht 15 no chance of getting 12000. You really need a MAUS or something. Or the luckiest is7 game ever.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0