Sign in to follow this  
furrystrawberry

Extremely long game load in times

6 posts in this topic

For some reason starting today my game is taking 50+ seconds to load into a battle. I checked task manager and the drive WoT is stored in is running at 100% when the game is loading. The drive is an HDD fyi. Would it help if i moved the game to my SSD?

1 hour ago, furrystrawberry said:

For some reason starting today my game is taking 50+ seconds to load into a battle. I checked task manager and the drive WoT is stored in is running at 100% when the game is loading. The drive is an HDD fyi. Would it help if i moved the game to my SSD?

Yes.

I use my SSD for OS, WoT, and WoWS (and have room for one other online game if I so choose). The rest of my games are on a 1TB HDD, and then all my media files and other assorted programs are on a 2TB HDD.

Works wonders.

Get rid of mods and defrag. I have 2 game clients (1 for NA and 1 for EU). NA client is on ssd and load well before the countdown. EU client is on HDD and I load right before the 30s countdown.

If you have a drastic change from one day to the other and you didn't mess around with updates or mods in between, go and check you HDD health (S.M.A.R.T values - HWInfo64 is a suitable program). There might be a problem with the HDD.

That aside WoT greatly profits from SSDs, even if running the SD-client. I wouldn't be suprised if the new upcoming HD maps will allow for a whole new dimension of damage farming, with 50% of both teams joining battle after the game is already over.

WG progamming skillz are somewhat like the old MIR - it works, but better don't ask how ....