Sidus_Preclarum

Kharkov rework

23 posts in this topic

So, one of the most annoying maps is apparently being reworked, with a strong emphasis on the NW open field at the expense of the city area :

l34Dnia4sw8.jpg

Thoughts? I mean, I can't get any worse than what it is now, and at first glance it might even be a step in the rigth direction?

My least favourite map in the game, any change is welcome from spending a minute on a corner only to move up to the next corner and be stuck there for another one...

2 hours ago, Kolni said:

My least favourite map in the game, any change is welcome from spending a minute on a corner only to move up to the next corner and be stuck there for another one...

You spelled Airfield wrongly

So the town circle is inaccesible now? Any change to this map must be an improvement, it really is that bad.

Stalingrad and Paris next pls.

Karkov, Stalingrad, Paris, Abbey, Airfield, Erlenberg all need complete re-works. Mines needs tier 6 max MM. 

So ruinburg without the D-village and more snow.  Thats a LOT better than Karkov, but not really much of a stretch.  I'm still waiting for winter Paris . . . 

They need to replace Karkov with the Halloween version because the map is fn hell...

I don't know how good the rework will be, but I really dislike this map. Tbh I dislike most of the maps. Imho there are at most 4-5 good maps in the game.

didnt look at the video but if theres no bushes for people to hide in near base its a +1 from me.

just from the minimap, i do have concerns about pushing though...

Still no 50 meteres tall wall to spawn cancer behind it? Shame.

11 hours ago, Kolni said:

Not mountain pass? 

6 hours ago, TheMarine0341 said:

Karkov, Stalingrad, Paris, Abbey, Airfield, Erlenberg all need complete re-works. Mines needs tier 6 max MM. 

Mountain pass too. Fuck that map.

Only few maps are good in current condition, but this is one of the worst maps. Good job on rework.

6 hours ago, TAdoo87 said:

I don't know how good the rework will be, but I really dislike this map. Tbh I dislike most of the maps. Imho there are at most 4-5 good maps in the game.

maps in this game are absolutely fucking atrocious 

Armored HTs and TDs will probably still hug the city, but the rest of the map looks both inviting for yolo scouts and a killing field for snipers

Honestly, a lot of the maps were better years ago. They screwed up so much when they decided to nuke TDs and light tanks to force a brawl on every single map, every single game. Of course, then they introduced these absurd wedge TDs that don't even need cover or concealment to be able to camo snipe. Because WG logic.

This can only be good. Kharkov is one of the dullest maps in the game. 

8 hours ago, MacusFlash said:

Still no 50 meteres tall wall to spawn cancer behind it? Shame.

That'd make a good april fools joke. I know most people here would like to see it implemented permanently but that's not going to happen so I'd settle for one day where they are forced to stare at a wall with a pixelized Trump face for the entire game

Shooting at Trump for the whole game would be a definite improvement over the actual current arty gameplay

7 hours ago, Sidus_Preclarum said:

Shooting at Trump for the whole game would be a definite improvement over the actual current arty gameplay

This isn't wrong, assuming I still get exp and credits for it.

On 6/11/2017 at 3:38 PM, TheMarine0341 said:

And Malinovka and Prok need a tier 5 min limit. Anything below tier 5 should not be able to play those maps. 

Stalingrad is not that bad, but Arfield awards camping and a lot. So does El Halluf which i never see mentioned as one of the worst maps. Mountain pass is garbage too and I saw the HD model and is still the same so very very bad. 

Mines and Erlenberg should just be bigger, maybe Mines should be reworked as it allows too much base camping. 

Sigfried line is good only on assault but garbage in standard. 

I'd rather see them base the map around the southern half of the Derzhprom building, there's a lot more open space with trees there that they can use without going unhistorical like in the rework. 7Luqddr.png

The current version is one of the better city maps, but the south spawn has an advantage arty wise with more open positions... And less cover for the north spawn around the open part up north.

It's also likely the most historically accurate thing in the game in its current form. 

mFHjBn9.jpg 1PpwKHn.png 

The map might be better if they turned it into one of those new Grand Battle maps, there's so much they can fit in there to balance it using the historical layout, be for some reason they don't. Hopefully WG sees what they could do with the open space south of the city.

Fuck historical accurate Maps. Stalingrad is historically accurate and it is shit. Kharkov is historically accurate and is shit as well. Himmelsdorf is as fake as it can get but it is the oldest city map and is fun to play.