Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Star_Dust

AMX50B, BC12T Tape requests

9 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if this is the appropiate thread to make such a request. but. 

I was wondering if players who have had some good consistency at the game could provide me with tapes to study them?

I find myself struggling a VERY huge amount on maps where I'm forced to take cities for brawling and where the choke points are compromised of a few heavy tanks, best example is Lakeville, I'm unable to be relevant in the map regardless of what I use, the best that I have managed to do is sit back and wait for them to roll the city so that I can start clipping them, but then, it feels as if I was using my team as cannon fodder, which... Feelsbad...

So, if players with good matches could provide replays on the following maps as to what to do , I would appreciate it a lot!.

List of maps;

Lakeville
Mines
Fiery Salient
Swamp
Highway
Westfield

I do have considered WOT guru but it doesn't has specific explanations on 50B and 12T just rather overall positioning so... 

Thank you very much!

Thanks a bunch!

Post your replays and btw those tanks have noting in common beside being blue, french and having an autoloader. If you dont know how to play a LT on Prok you dont know how to play LTs at all.

For Prok/Fiery salient surf around on the ridge in the middle. There should be a lot of stuff that can help you in this forum under where to/not go and under the tanks' fan club.

Alright, I will post a few replays about it, I should rephrase it tho, I only have issues with the 50B on Fiery salient. 

Light tanks and medium tanks are okay, it's just the tall profile of the 50B that sometimes it's difficult to handle in the middle of the map, where the poking happens

@Star_Dust If you want replays like that, then you should try to search on the wotreplays.com

You can search there for a tank/map combination too. Just think about it. Lets say someone plays 100 games in the 50B. There is a chance he won't even play some of these maps once. If you want something that specific you need a big pool of games.

@TAdoo87

You know what, you got your mouth super filled with absolute truth. I'm gonna go fish in the WOT Replays section, is it too late for me to upload here my replays from this soon to be afternoon matches to get them reviewed? just 2-3 from both tanks, I don't do particularly well on either (aside strongholds and advances)

As always, super useful man!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/157267874

this is the only really good video I have of the BT 12T. it wasn't a very good tank IMO. not enough clip potential, if it had 5 shells it would be good but with only 4 it was ehhh

that doesn't stop it from being a good game though. 

edit: geez rewatching that how much I used to type in game chat. 

You realize of course also that on Youtube if you search for AMX 50B that there are hundreds of great games posted?  Anfield is very fond of the 50B and has posted several 3-mark sessions on his youtube channel.  If you watch something like Lacho or WoT Best replays - check to make sure you're not watching some yellow shitter getting lucky and farming 9K damage from AFKs, that said both of those YT channels have tons of great Unicum level 50B games. 

What you really should be asking for aren't great games, but great sessions. Even the biggest mouthbreather has a good game once in a while, and considering the mouthbreather to non-mouthbreather ratio this game offers most of the incredible games are simply stupid people having the stars align for them. I think you should find some VODs on Twitch or YT from good players where you have at least 10 games consecutively, even better if you find sessions that should be seemingly average for the player so there's as much genuine good thinking involved and as little luck as possible. That's how you identify what's good or not, 

Really small hints for the 50B in the right direction for the maps you asked for though:

Lakeville: There's really only one area on the entire map where you can actually use your autoloader, all the other areas either rely on turret armour or vision/alpha, and your tank isn't great at either. Go city if your team allows for it, otherwise redline FAR back in mid and stay alert if you think they'll push over the valley, then you have a pretty good farm and you'll kill their flank fast. City is normally a better option if you have support, plenty of corners to hide behind when clipping and with just a few teammates you become hard to push and as the flank is slow you have plenty of time to find an angle that works for engaging, just be careful about exposure to the middle if they have big guns that aren't spotted, or simply a lot of tanks unspotted. The north especially can have up to 5 midcampers so really think twice before going bottom side of the church.

Mines: You can easily fight the middle. Go ditch from north to get a free clip when the heavies move up and decide whether you can stay or drop down. Do it fast in case you don't really have support on the beach, normally it takes about a minute or two before anything'll happen on that flank in general so you should have time to bail. The map offers very few backup options in general, but you can use the buildings up northeast well enough to work out in case you can't really keep playing the ditch or get a chance to cross up to the hill.

From south I play the opposite hill counter by the rock, generally with my hull along the rock because you are shootable from the beach in case they move up, same thing applies there really. You can pull down as long as they haven't taken K1 yet without any real risk of damage if you keep punishing the hill, and this side offers really good redlines, either by the rock at the base to redline the 890 push which works really well in an autoloader (easily two full clips) or just some other TD spot really. This side usually has a harder time due to the ditch and K1 bias so really try and seize any opportunity to get up the hill without a real punish, it'll be worth it and especially in a tank like this which is pretty big and hard to hide. 

Fiery Salient: Just play the mid, you'll be fine as long as you don't overpeek. Both sides have areas where you're safe from lights doing stupid light runs on mid, and really keep pressure up on the hill until it either is won or lost. My suggestion from there is to move a bit more into the middle of the middle so you can cleanup better from the 1-2 line and also get some better shots on the heavies that might be left from the other side in mid. 

Swamp: North spawn go north and push aggressive down 9-0 fast to close distances south spawn go castle and farm any bot going there and then either move up or move back into mid for redlines on the TDs or if the enemy team has pushed up, castle is pretty decent for defensive stuff, especially when they try and push over where the TDs sit to snipe the heavies, you have double trees so easy full clips

Highway: Go city, you're way too big for the north and get a corner to hide behind on reloads, you have downtime so try and get an alternate angle to keep getting full clips without trading too much back in return

Westfield: You have decent depression so play the north, just don't overpoke. Play the safe area (as in don't cross all the way north) so you only have one ridge to run over if you need to run away, and your depression will work here, find someone on reload, empty out after checking for TDs in the back and repeat until you either can move up or have to run away

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0