Ickus

Caernarvon Action X Premium

24 posts in this topic

https://thedailybounce.net/2017/11/18/world-of-tanks-caernarvon-action-x-details/

Statistics as compared to the 9.20 Caernarvon

Caern AX (Caern 9.20)

Tier VIII Heavy Tank
Hit Points 1,500 (1600)
Gun OQF 20-pdr Gun Type B Barrel
Shell Type AP / APCR / HE
Shell Avg. Penetration 226 / 258 / 42 mm
Shell Avg. Damage 230 / 230 / 280
Reload Time 5.658s (7.48)
Rate of Fire 10.605 (8.02)
Aiming Time 2.21s (1.82)
Average Damage per Minute 2,289.2 (1,845.05)
Accuracy 0.307
Gun Depression/Elevation Angles -10 / +20 (-10 / +18)
Hull / Turret Traverse Speed 28 / 37.5 deg/s (25.03 / 37.54)
Top Speed / Reverse Speed 36.3/ -12 km/h (34.3 / -12)
Terrain Resistance  
Hard 1.055
Medium 1.247
Soft 2.205
Hull Armour 130 / 50.8 / 38.1 mm
Turret Armour 254 / 152.4 / 95.3 mm (198.1 / 152.4 / 95.3)
Weight / Max Load 65.0 / 70.0 t (60 / 63)
Engine Power 950 hp (810)
Specific Power 14.62 hp/t (13.49)
Concealment of Stationary Vehicle 8%
Concealment of Moving Vehicle 4%
View Range 380 m
Signal Range 782.1 m
Crew 4

I heard you wanted a buffed 9.20 Caernarvon with spaced armor as a premium. No? Too bad, you get it anyways. :trump:

Caernarvon-Action-X-A1.jpg?fit=1700,744Caernarvon-Action-X-A3.jpg?fit=1700,744

It looks like the turret is actually useful, and it has the DPM of roughly an AT-15 with the 20-pdr. Type A.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not bad, but prefer the Caernarvon's flat Turret, because you can bait pubbies to shoot at it ultra angled and then shoot them back. Is this seeing tier10s? If it sees 9s max it looks strong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has the hull armor of old Caravan, has less DPM and the turret, despite the spaced armor, is overall worse

It also has 230 alpha VS 280 alpha, which is rather significant, too.

Dunno really, its not really better than the Caernarvon. I would say good comparison is Patriot. Bit more DPM, higher base accuracy and better UFP armor, but worse dispersion when moving, useless LFP armor, more incosistent turret and more bloated. I guess thats a fair trade.

Also at least Brits are finally getting actually good tier 8 prem and something else than most polished turd in the game that has gotten like 5 million buffs and still is pretty bad (1.7k DPM + mega shit GH + 230 alpha at tier 8 with current powercreep and MM, haHAA) or a tank that literally the only thing that isn't utter shit about it that it has "Chieftain" on its name which makes bots go "OMFG ITS CHIEFTAIN WTF????"-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, leggasiini said:

Has the hull armor of old Caravan, has less DPM and the turret, despite the spaced armor, is overall worse

It also has 230 alpha VS 280 alpha, which is rather significant, too.

Dunno really, its not really better than the Caernarvon. I would say good comparison is Patriot. Bit more DPM, higher base accuracy and better UFP armor, but worse dispersion when moving, useless LFP armor, more incosistent turret and more bloated. I guess thats a fair trade.

Also at least Brits are finally getting actually good tier 8 prem and something else than most polished turd in the game that has gotten like 5 million buffs and still is pretty bad (1.7k DPM + mega shit GH + 230 alpha at tier 8 with current powercreep and MM, haHAA) or a tank that literally the only thing that isn't utter shit about it that it has "Chieftain" on its name which makes bots go "OMFG ITS CHIEFTAIN WTF????"-

The worst part about the Chief/T95 isn't the T95, it's the Chief, due to how WoT-mechanics work. The best combination would be the T95/Chief.

As for the CaernAX, I love it already. It's basically the vehicle as I envisioned it, before they came up with the current Caern. Obviously the current Caern is that much better in many regards, but this is good enough, as throwing the 32 pounder or even the L7 at this tank would move it to a wierd position in relation to the tech-tree. This is good premium-vehicle balance. The tank is an instant-buy for me as it is, even though I never liked the visual combination of the Caern's hull and the CAX's turret.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can't really fairly compare anything to the caern, caern is just batshit insane and so is the Caern AX.

Better comparison would be to the patriot.

2439 vs 2085 stock dpm : fucking hell, 2439 stock dpm is insane, patriot was hailed as the high dpm HT but its got nothing on this

0.31 vs 0.36 acc: 0.05 accuracy is huge, thats the difference between skorp and Rhm's 12.8cm.

Way better turret, Patriot has shot traps on the lower mantlet that will make shots go straight into enginedeck, plus weak 180mm plate right below mantlet that is penned often, Caern AX has no such thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CarbonWard said:

You can't really fairly compare anything to the caern, caern is just batshit insane

Sometimes I feel like I have crossed over to a different reality when people talk about how OP the Caernarvon is now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KingTrygon said:

Sometimes I feel like I have crossed over to a different reality when people talk about how OP the Caernarvon is now. 

what a time to be alive.

pre 9.20: Caern worst tier 8 heavy tank!

post 9.20: Caern OP pls nerf!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But it proofs how shitty WGs balancing is and you can't trust them at all if they say a certain tank is underpowered or overpowered. No one in his right mind would say that a) the old Caern was balanced or b) the new Cearn is balanced after it received +50% dpm and more armor. One of the statements has to be wrong and probably even both are. Other gamestudios are making small steps when it comes to balancing. WG is different in this regard. They bring the sledgehammer and buff or nerf the shit out of a certain tank. 

This tank here is basically a carbon copy of the old Cearn. Except it is better. Because balance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, hall0 said:

Other gamestudios are making small steps when it comes to balancing. WG is different in this regard. They bring the sledgehammer and buff or nerf the shit out of a certain tank.

This seems to be the primary method WG uses to adjust the meta to keep the game somewhat "fresh".  "New" op tanks keeps players chasing/grinding the next OP tank... not to mention the newer "retire but keep" model of replacing tanks...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, 8_Hussars said:

This seems to be the primary method WG uses to adjust the meta to keep the game somewhat "fresh".  "New" op tanks keeps players chasing/grinding the next OP tank... not to mention the newer "retire but keep" model of replacing tanks...

cuz if (almost) everything is OP, nothing is!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ThomChen114 said:

cuz if (almost) everything is OP, nothing is!

If they had that policily consistently everything would be gucci, but they're inconsistent as fuck, and that throws any semblance of balance out the window.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd buy that. 

It's very similar to a Patriot though, just slower, with a worse LFP with more DPM/accuracy and maybe a better turret.

Still not buying that the new Caern is OP, good, but in a tier 8 meta of Defenders and Vk 1001 Ps, a 280 alpha heavy with a weak ass lower plate being OP does not compute.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

I'd buy that. 

It's very similar to a Patriot though, just slower, with a worse LFP with more DPM/accuracy and maybe a better turret.

Still not buying that the new Caern is OP, good, but in a tier 8 meta of Defenders and Vk 1001 Ps, a 280 alpha heavy with a weak ass lower plate being OP does not compute.

 

Caern is op-ish, the only literal downside of that tank is that its slow as fuck and its engine power equals with a snail. Turns and reverse' horribly sl o o o o w.

Other than that in tier 8 I usually do 3,6k avg, in tier 10 if you get an open map where you cant hulldown or get jumped by higher tiers you die with 2 shots of damage.

This tank - for me - heavily relies on team which is, as we know is a non-existent thing in wot.

On the other hand players like Carbon and some several superuni streamers can maintain 3,5k+ dpg's in every game but that's not my level (yet)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tajj7 said:

I'd buy that. 

It's very similar to a Patriot though, just slower, with a worse LFP with more DPM/accuracy and maybe a better turret.

Still not buying that the new Caern is OP, good, but in a tier 8 meta of Defenders and Vk 1001 Ps, a 280 alpha heavy with a weak ass lower plate being OP does not compute.

 

Given the fact Lowe is regarded as one of the better t8 tanks I don't see a problem with thinking this is close to OP. Slow tank + Good Turret + Lowish Alpha + Gun Dep + Good gun stats. Similar tanks but this  (the regular non prem Caern) one has a huge DPM advantage.

 

PS. That pub forum dum dum Ares was right YOU CAN NEVER ADMIT BRIT TANKS ARE GOOD!!!!!1111oneoneoen ( He mentioned you on the Polish forum since he went there to complain about the Badger when no one listened to him on the eng one)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hazzgar said:

Given the fact Lowe is regarded as one of the better t8 tanks I don't see a problem with thinking this is close to OP. Slow tank + Good Turret + Lowish Alpha + Gun Dep + Good gun stats. Similar tanks but this  (the regular non prem Caern) one has a huge DPM advantage.

 

PS. That pub forum dum dum Ares was right YOU CAN NEVER ADMIT BRIT TANKS ARE GOOD!!!!!1111oneoneoen ( He mentioned you on the Polish forum since he went there to complain about the Badger when no one listened to him on the eng one)

The turret isn't as good as it seems on paper. Sure, the recent buff helped and it will work great against the lower tiers, but same tier and up can penetrate it and it only gets worse with prammo. In general, british tanks have very clearly defined strengths and weaknesses (though it's debateable whether strengths and weaknesses balance each other on some vehicles). If you can leverage your turret's armor and the gun's performance, it will work great, but outside of that and you'll have trouble. Situationally OP, I can get behind, but OP as a blanket statement? Nope, can't see it. It certainly hits a very good spot on the scale between high alpha and high DPM though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

The turret isn't as good as it seems on paper. Sure, the recent buff helped and it will work great against the lower tiers, but same tier and up can penetrate it and it only gets worse with prammo. In general, british tanks have very clearly defined strengths and weaknesses (though it's debateable whether strengths and weaknesses balance each other on some vehicles). If you can leverage your turret's armor and the gun's performance, it will work great, but outside of that and you'll have trouble. Situationally OP, I can get behind, but OP as a blanket statement? Nope, can't see it. It certainly hits a very good spot on the scale between high alpha and high DPM though.

It has some 250 zones but it also has some funky angles which will mean you are not guaranteed to pen with gold. It's just not 100% reliable. Hence the Patriot comparison. Lowe has a more reliable turret but there are also weakspots behind the mantlet and when I have gold I tend to shoot above the gun and pen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, hazzgar said:

Given the fact Lowe is regarded as one of the better t8 tanks I don't see a problem with thinking this is close to OP. Slow tank + Good Turret + Lowish Alpha + Gun Dep + Good gun stats. Similar tanks but this  (the regular non prem Caern) one has a huge DPM advantage.

 

PS. That pub forum dum dum Ares was right YOU CAN NEVER ADMIT BRIT TANKS ARE GOOD!!!!!1111oneoneoen ( He mentioned you on the Polish forum since he went there to complain about the Badger when no one listened to him on the eng one)

Lowe isn't OP though and Caern has less pen, less alpha and arguably worse hull armour, whilst the mobility difference is minimal. 

last time I looked it's pretty much on the reference line for the WR curves, so it's hardly ripping up trees.

90% of the WOT playerbase can't work heavies with weak hulls and low alpha. And end of the day in terms of the masses facing it, it's an easy pen in the open, doesn't hit you for massive alpha and hasn't got an autoloader and it can't run rings round other tanks so the majority of pubbies are not going to complain about it 

it might be borderline, but I have seen barely anyone complain about it and generally OP tanks get forum threads. (VK 1001 P, Type 5, Maus, Defender etc.) 

The only thing really with the Caern is DPM and people massively over rate DPM, that moron Ares constantly goes on about DPM and cites the 907, so cos the 907 has low alpha and high DPM, high DPM is amazing.

I mean he thinks the buffed Tortoise will be OP because DPM + armour, even though it'll still be slow, have a massive weakspot, be paper to HEAT and still only has basically a good heavy tank gun, not a scary TD gun with high pen and alpha.

Badger needs toning down BTW, but it is basically an E3 with a lower alpha, less pen, higher DPM gun. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tajj7 said:

Lowe isn't OP though and Caern has less pen, less alpha and arguably worse hull armour, whilst the mobility difference is minimal. 

last time I looked it's pretty much on the reference line for the WR curves, so it's hardly ripping up trees.

90% of the WOT playerbase can't work heavies with weak hulls and low alpha. And end of the day in terms of the masses facing it, it's an easy pen in the open, doesn't hit you for massive alpha and hasn't got an autoloader and it can't run rings round other tanks so the majority of pubbies are not going to complain about it 

it might be borderline, but I have seen barely anyone complain about it and generally OP tanks get forum threads. (VK 1001 P, Type 5, Maus, Defender etc.) 

The only thing really with the Caern is DPM and people massively over rate DPM, that moron Ares constantly goes on about DPM and cites the 907, so cos the 907 has low alpha and high DPM, high DPM is amazing.

I mean he thinks the buffed Tortoise will be OP because DPM + armour, even though it'll still be slow, have a massive weakspot, be paper to HEAT and still only has basically a good heavy tank gun, not a scary TD gun with high pen and alpha.

Badger needs toning down BTW, but it is basically an E3 with a lower alpha, less pen, higher DPM gun. 

 

Lowe is strong and Caern is better.

 

Also be real, People complain about Defender and Maus. Still I agree with you on most, Don't let some pubbie get to you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, hazzgar said:

Also be real, People complain about Defender and Maus. Still I agree with you on most, Don't let some pubbie get to you. 

That is what I meant, generally the OP tanks, people start forum threads on them and complain about them, I've seen not a peep so far about the Caernarvon since it was released. There were a few threads when the buffs were announced but not much since then.

It might be borderline OP or maybe situationally OP but it's on a tier with the likes of the Defender and VK 1001P, so it's a way behind those tanks. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think one of the main reasons is, that it is not played by many at the moment despite it is OP. Most players played the line to get the FV heavy. Few OP Cearns as enemies equals less whining the forums. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

I remain unconvinced.

FXC09QX.jpg

You'd expect an OP tank to be played considerably more often than the rather obscure already KV4 for example.

Noobs dont understand what an op tank is. Many of them still think VK1001p is balanced.  Also it is an unpopular line, always was so why are you surprised?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.