Ickus

"The Feast"

38 posts in this topic

Man, if I had $900 to spare I sure as fuck would not be spending it on this game.

It's a feast for WG.

1 hour ago, Fulcrous said:

It's a feast for WG.

Not so sure, I mean I would assume most people already have a few prems at least, and the ones who don't have any are unlikely to plop down $900. So not sure who would actually buy this 'feast' and lets not forget equipping all those..

55 minutes ago, RealBattousai said:

Not so sure, I mean I would assume most people already have a few prems at least, and the ones who don't have any are unlikely to plop down $900. So not sure who would actually buy this 'feast' and lets not forget equipping all those..

It only takes one guy to make it a "success" in WG's eyes.

1 hour ago, MacusFlash said:

Pff, where are Defender and E-25? Shame. 

But it's more than compensated by the fact that you get double E8s, STGs, Patriots and Libertes. I was kinda hoping for T34 and T34 Black edition.....

Havent they milked NA enough already?

1 hour ago, SaintLaurentius said:

But it's more than compensated by the fact that you get double E8s, STGs, Patriots and Libertes. 

Well, I mean they essentially doubled the amount of decent tanks in the package by doing this.

Half of the premiums I wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole even if they gave them away for free and 40% have become completly obselete due to the remaining 10%.

1 hour ago, Haswell said:

That's not a feast...

THIS is a feast.

The music is awfully cheery considering the impending hellscape that will be his toilet bowl. 

WG NA must have missed their target earnings and getting desperate to look good to their bosses.

And someone decides that this is a good idea.

To be fair, WG NA can only do so much to address why the game isn't doing too hot in their region (game balance etc), but putting out a blatant whale bait surely isn't among the best options?

TBH, they might make more profit by dicing it up and sell $50 piecemeal bundles. Consumers tend to shell out more shekels when there are less numbers following the dollar sign, even if their net spending at the end is equal to your original expectation.

Unless...

WGNA might actually be pulling a genius move. By making stuff ridiculously expensive right now they will make every future offer seem like a bargain, no matter how shitty they may be. Keep in mind your average consumer is probably the type that goes "oooh, new toy! It's special too! Cheaper than last time, buy buy buy!" without actually researching what they are purchasing. If WG is actually being an evil genius and paving the road for Christmas, this is actually pretty fucking smart.

Then again, I think I'm giving them too much credit. :serb:

I think it's a great deal, 50% off is really good if you consider how much you would spend if you bought all of the premiums D:

2 hours ago, Haswell said:

WGNA might actually be pulling a genius move. By making stuff ridiculously expensive right now they will make every future offer seem like a bargain, no matter how shitty they may be. Keep in mind your average consumer is probably the type that goes "oooh, new toy! It's special too! Cheaper than last time, buy buy buy!" without actually researching what they are purchasing. If WG is actually being an evil genius and paving the road for Christmas, this is actually pretty fucking smart.

That move would be straight from the Gaijin playbook. They raized the prizes of items right before the Steam summer sale, just to drop them for the sale and call it a discount. Obviously they got caught:damn:

1 hour ago, Victrix said:

I think it's a great deal, 50% off is really good if you consider how much you would spend if you bought all of the premiums D:

But who the F would be so stupid to actually buy all of those tanks, or even half of them.

Better offer would have been to sell ALL of the existing tier8 prems and give equal amount of gold free of charge.

1. offer outrageous "deal" of $900 that doesn't include their cash cow hype-59
  2. offer cheaper "deals" that include rare tanks
  3. $900 package makes the new ones look like bargains

Good marketing, and I predicted that yesterday. Just didn't think they would cash in human stupidity this early.

Also they cost gold instead of actual money? This could mean a few things:

• forcing prospective buyers to buy gold before buying bundles, providing a more guaranteed source of profit
  • drying out existing gold pool in people's wallets, leading to point above in the long run

If I didn't know better I would see this as a liquidation sale, right before the company goes under.

From saving standpoint this is nice, but again it’s filled with useless garbage. If there is E-25, Type 59, Defender, M6 mutant and other OP/hard to get tank it would be much more worth it. Simply adding Liberte and “stock” camo Liberte is redundant and raises the price of unique vehicles. 

Anyway I doubt they won’t sell any package, remeber there is always some rich MF that can throw money like that.  

21 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

If there is E-25, Type 59, Defender, M6 mutant and other OP/hard to get tank it would be much more worth it

Check out the long ass screenshot.

2 hours ago, Haswell said:

Check out the long ass screenshot.

Will do on laptop, but i was referring to inital 9xx bucks offer. 

It's a simple prospect to make money.

Sell some of the league camos for $1 a tank. People will literally flock to it.