lavawing

Tanks that don't need goldspam

31 posts in this topic

As a general economics rule for myself in wot is that I never buy anything with credits if it´s not on sale. I have enough tanks already that I can run them as long as I want and that gives me time to wait on sales on tanks equipment and consumables and stock up when that happens, like this weekend on EU. I also fire very little premium ammo because the costs are often prohibitive since I don´t buy premium time at all. Sure sometimes you don´t pen because of that and RNG rolls screw you over even more but that is a price to pay. I got three tier8 premiums that were marathon events, IS-6, WZ-111 and FV4202. If I need credits they can make a basic profit pretty easily without premium account, WZ-111 being the most fun of these three in the current game meta.

To the question: Without constant gold-spam one can get by with T71, T29, T20, T-34-1 and of course derps. Tier8 is garbage but IS-3 (russiaaa..) and everything german that can mount the 128mm should be fine. Tier9 I have found that a lot of the NATO mediums have 105mm with 250ish pen and especially Jagdtiger to never need gold.

Edited by TohtoriP

I generally use gold to overcome RNG more than pen issues because for whatever reason WG thinks missing a 5 second fully aimed shot on a tanks LFP 150m away is good for the game.  As such, tanks that I can reliably hit shots in generally don't need as much gold.  I've been in a lot of up close brawls with tier X heavies in my Patton and never used gold because commanders hatches and LFPs look huge to an M48. 

On the other hand if I'm in my IS-7 and load into a full tier X game, I'll probably 2-2 while still in spawn because shit AP + shit RNG = no fun.

If you want tech tree tank to grind credits get the 59 16, the standard ap cost less than the standard one on the type 64. If you play it in SH you should be able to make good money.

6 hours ago, nabucodonsor said:

If you want tech tree tank to grind credits get the 59 16, the standard ap cost less than the standard one on the type 64. If you play it in SH you should be able to make good money.

Pz IV H is a pretty good credit grinder-cum-seal clubber.  You just have to accept feeling really, really dirty.

Join a clan and do advances.... Playing super conq firing 100% gold and still make 100k credits per win with our reserves going. Or do SH, same thing. Other ways to make credits besides pubs.