CraBeatOff

The Bond Farm

77 posts in this topic

Forewarning, scrub posting here.
Personally I would take a patton over the light tank. I know you prefer your zoom zoom, but with the patton where it is now it can support the other 2 more easily while still providing a good vision role. 

As a side note, how would this platoon work at tier 8 for credit grinding? MM at tier 8 platoons is abysmal so I would love to find something fun and that can carry against 9's and 10's. Basically the S1, Black dog / patton KR / Lorr,  and the Patriot. Could be good, could be shit. IDK.

24 minutes ago, Reluctor said:

Forewarning, scrub posting here.
Personally I would take a patton over the light tank. I know you prefer your zoom zoom, but with the patton where it is now it can support the other 2 more easily while still providing a good vision role. 

As a side note, how would this platoon work at tier 8 for credit grinding? MM at tier 8 platoons is abysmal so I would love to find something fun and that can carry against 9's and 10's. Basically the S1, Black dog / patton KR / Lorr,  and the Patriot. Could be good, could be shit. IDK.

We've had some success with S1 and Blackdog with IS-3. Trying it is one reason i might pick up a T92 LT, which looks to be a decent scout (but without many of the advantages of the T-100). LTs and S1/UDES care less about being bottom tiers. Insufficient data though.

as you said the TD kemp is so weird now...matches with 8 med/heavies, 6 TD 1 arty feelsbadman

only upside is doing MT 15 III with honors after 3 tries XD

batchat :frenchy: those tracked casemattes

Stepping back to the Patton...it plays nothing like the T-100. It is however a good defensive tank on a lot of terrain. I really need to post these replays, will do in the morning. One does not take forward bushes in the Patton unless one wants to die quickly!

7 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

Stepping back to the Patton...it plays nothing like the T-100. It is however a good defensive tank on a lot of terrain. I really need to post these replays, will do in the morning. One does not take forward bushes in the Patton unless one wants to die quickly!

Yeah, Patton is not suited for kemping boosh.

It's amazing as damage support and being an opportunist asshole punishing anyone poking or losing focus for half a second, maybe a possible substitute for 103B if you don't have it?

Well another reason you need the s tank is because it has its "true dpm" and not "fake dpm" like most mediums.   What I mean is with the zero bloom, high accuracy and penetration you should pen most tanks every single time.   It doesn't matter if you have 3600 dpm if you aren't going to penetrate every shot.   When the enemy team is pushing a flank that is dead, you need the pure raw dpm to gun them down in time.  

There has been many games where the enemy team has pushed through a flank with 3 or 4 for tier Xs still alive.   We will crush them by using the light or is7 to keep them lit.  I mean like 2 mins of s tank feeding and they are all dead.  I can remember games where we have lost because 1 or 2 shots didn't penetrate.  Plus, you can't beat being 350m out in the open shooting tier x heavies and they still haven't spotted you;) 

Ok, we had some requests to see the magic

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5nt4m6787jpls6e/T-100LT Bond Farm.zip

35 games, 5 hours of T-100LT gameplay in the configuration described in this thread.  I'll pick out a few to discuss in more detail, particularly around the platoon dynamic, and to highlight why you can't sub a medium for a LT or a S-tank (except maybe Batchat and Grille?)

Ok, here is a good example to discuss this platoon and how it works

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3968820#siegfried_line-crabeatoff-t-100_lt

No arty. Field and vision are dead right? Except that the brawl is such a shitfest in this high tier of MM (6 super heavies and 3 TDs) that we know its going to play out slow. @TRU_voodoo decides he wants to play aggressive on the 6, which works great for our platoon. I go to the E6 berm to spot anything that is running field. Nothing does early, and so @TheDivision proceeds to the West redline, and he's got an M48 nearby. I haul my ass out there ASAP. What I do in the middle would be just fine in a 907 or Batchat. But what I do after i cross the berm...not so much.At 12:30 I recall being asked by TheDivision "can I move up, are you out of view?" And thats why I type about being unseen at 336m. No other tank can do that. I consider that rapid breaking of the field to be key, because at 5:4 at 11:58 we've now got map control. Would the medium be better at farming damage on the heavies in the next minute? Absolutely. But the rapid elimination of the Bat25t and Grille in the field was what I consider the make or break moment on this battle. Within the following 40 seconds we go from 5:4 to 10:4. Division is obviously just sitting there penning every shot. Once that map control is fully established, the farm is quick and fast. I close distance and just rack up some easy pens, and try to keep Tru alive vs the IS-7.

Could this have been done by a stealthy medium: Possibly, but at the critical juncture - no.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3968834#swamp-crabeatoff-t-100_lt

Top tier, so easier game, but we still play it like we would otherside, clearing East ASAP from the the NW spawn. See how I have completely information (although the other LTs are present) about what is on this side, and about how that lets TheDivision push to what would be an incredibly dangerous spot without that information. We of course punish the shit out of the T49 and Bat25t who push to C0, but TheDivision pins the 62A and Tortoise, convincing them not to push. To make sure the Bat doesn't yolo while we're looking at the Tort/62A I poke around a little, and get the T49 dead. The Bat realizes he's done for, but Div moves up to tank him for me, so I can stay healthy. Please note how I take minimal damage from the yolo, because of my Strv's teamwork. Tort died and we're up 3-0 with...you guessed it...map control. I have no idea what @Meirzin is doing specifically, just that his plan was to go under the hill...and be not dead. Basically he is just deploying on the assumption that we'll clear the East (which we do of course). 5:0 at 11:55 ... just rolling in the wins. The enemy is dug in a little and has some unspotted TDs, but we have full control of the map, healthy Strv and IS-7. 

Its 9:1 before I even really make a move. I'm basically just looking for cheeky tracks or shots, but mostly I'm trying to find the 183! I deduced he was in the K line West though, so I slip under the ridge (T-100LT so short!) to try to spot him, and get some cheeky clean-up damage in. When I realize the Bat is out of shells I get pretty psyched, and slip in, brawl a little. Emil2 is a focusing dickwad, but thats why I drive a ninja tank. Clean-up is ez.

Could this have been done by a stealthy medium: Almost certainly. 

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3968846#paris-crabeatoff-t-100_lt

Paris! Not a terrible map in this set-up. Now, instead of a lot of fat slow crossers we get an aggressive enemy counter to our preferred "plink plink plink" oh now your team is down 2k hp opener. The guy from Y0L0 sets up well, but cannot damage an S-tank. The Bat pushes to what could be dangerous to me, but I drive out, and use the low profile and Div for cover. Until the Foch155 shows up we are under perfect control here, doing lots of damage, taking little. 

I make a mistake by not dropping lights before the 907. I didn't see the Foch or Div backing off. Mistake was made. Onl paid 346 for it though, and I'm at 2k combined already! And Div rapidly repositions to keep hammering the 907, while I drop lights and move back up to keep spotting and get a free shot into the E3. I poke just a little more, carefully and deliver to our team some key information about the 183. At this point, with the 13 105 dead, and a simple count, I know the N is nearly empty! I take a peek for the Grille carefully, and lo someone on our 6/7 spots him. Map control?

I should have waited a moment longer on the shot on the SuperConq. Mistake! and I pay for it. But I tell Div he can come to the north and then cheeky peek the 183. Then I pubbie whisper our Foch for a bit. This match is actually close at 8:5 but because Illusion is winning South we just need to not fuck it up. 3k combined at 10:45. Me and Div are 1 shots, but we've got a FochB who can at least type and read! I proxy off the Grille, but miss the Foch B's saying the Grille shot. Div gets the arty while I play peeky with the Grille, who then gets artied. Grille finally decides who is going to yolo, gets Div and I finish him. 

As I say in the replay "terrible map. but wins."

We put out early damage, and we got map control. Then we just managed to not fuck up map control. 

Could this have been done by a stealthy medium: Probably if the medium had 500VR. A Batchat would have done all this nicely. 

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3968870#cliff-crabeatoff-t-100_lt

Ok I highlighted some good but not great LT maps, so here is a great LT map, cliff!

Step 1: brawl out their 132-1 getting 953 of his hp, and losing none of mine, before the mediums can even arrive at our position. 

Step 2: RUN AWAY. And take the cliff top...kinda.

Obviously having an RhmPz would have helped here with the IS-4 and IS-7. But I just try to not fall off, and then retreat to my side of the hill when things get hairy. Honestly, having the enemy push the 8-9 isn't bad for us, given where Div is sitting. Middle is also secure and 1-2 almost always plays out slow. Its 2:3 but really we're just getting warmed up. My job now...is to be patient. There is nowhere for me to go, and nothing for me to spot or damage. I just need to not get artied. Note of course (and you can see this in his replay) the Meirzin is staying on our side, trying to pull them into Div and the 50B. Smart!

I miss some easy shots because of the bad T-100 gun. The M48 dies. The SuperC retreats a little, so i cheeky shoot his back and get arty safe. For almost 2 full minutes at this point I've done little except keep my sightlines active and shoot when the enemy makes a mistake. This is what I mean when I tell my platoonmates to "do nothing". Its not strictly afk nothing, but at the same time I am not trying to actively make any of the action happen, I'm letting it come to me. In those 2 minutes our properly deployed team and platoon bring it back to 6:4. I got 1 shot of damage, although if I had aimed on the 13 105 I might have penned. 

I take a little peek and proxy a 121, who loses 398 from...something? No idea, assist just happens in the T-100LT. Div calls that he's going back to base to ensure 1-2-3 doesn't fall, and he delivers. Meizin moves middle, as with the 121 gone we suspect its clear. TDs are either J line or the useless base area to be farmed later. Its back to 6:6 but we REMAIN PATIENT. The STB and 13 105 are 1 shots. The 121 is half and the other tanks are pinned in place more less. We're not winning, but we're also not losing. Our 1 IS-7 goes retard mode, and drives into the open vs SuperC on the hill...ok man...sure... We pick up the 13 105 kill. The HTs are pushing 8-9, Merizin is in the middle, and I'm on the kill. We kinda have a 4v2 except for double arty. 2 TDs unseen but they've done little so far because we have not pushed their side of the map. What am I thinking ? ITS THE SAME. I'm literally just holding this position that I've been in for 5 minutes now, waiting for an opportunity. If I yolo, I absolutely die in a hail of TD and arty fire. So I wait. I am not winning, but I'm also not losing. I keep the 121 interested and off the heavies. Arty tags the SuperC for 212 and a stun off my proxy. The Strv103B shows up! Meirzin sadly cannot get into cover, and Division is in the middle of relocating. Had Div been in either the A5 or B1 boost that Strv103B wouldn't have made it out of there alive. 

Our E5 drives in the open. People fucking love to drive into the open. I continue to sit. Div moves back to cover me, since 1-2-3 is lost. I decide I need to find the STB and Strv and handle them, and our 50B is wisely dropping back. I make a mistake and do not drop lights before relocating and pay 480 to the CGC fucker. I do find the STB though, and Div does his thing. SuperC chases and gets killed by Div. 121 chases and gets killed by arty. I furiously dodge. 

Its now the LT's time to shine. I really wish I had 700+ hp and my kits. Oh well. I stumble into the 4005 and the Strv shows himself trying to shoot me. He is swiftly eliminated by Div and the 263. I go back to furious dodging arty. Being full hp and full of balls, Div says he's gonna move up into the 4005, so I move to flank, which conveniently also covers me from arty for a few moments. IndignantPanda is a decent player. Enough that you know he isn't just going to roll over and die. I know his name from pubs, sometimes we chat. But I am in the T-100LT the fastest most invisiblest motherfucker there is. So I now drive FAST. He anticipates this, but it doesn't matter. T-100LT spots you at 246m and doesn't even get lit, meanwhile your get artied for 268!I take a camo shot, and don't get lit, but he knows where I am now. 2nd shot lights me, but I think I can run for long enough...and the TD's hit their shots! Game is won. Back to furious arty dodges. Div mocks me for bouncing the CGC, but I get a fire on the T92. 5700 combined. 

Could this have been done by a stealthy medium: Nope. 

--------------------------------------------------

I am of course pleased to answer questions about any other replays you might pick out from the pack. 

11 minutes ago, nabucodonsor said:

@CraBeatOff You had to post it while I am getting my laptop fixed and I cant see the replays right?

Much like WG, I specifically victimize certain people for reasonly only known to me :-D

I'll post a replay of the composition from my POV.  I have one in mind were i brawl against 5 tanks on a hill with the S Tank.  Proper brawling technique and strategy is a unique skill in an s tank and I would like to show case that too.   When I get home from work,  I'll upload it.

I lost the replay due to computer issues but do you have the Lakeville match from our first session @TheDivision? It was a great example of this comp saving a match. 

So, I'm curious - hasn't it been kind of doctrine that 3 unicums platooning in tier X has always led to ~75% WR if they were in moderate try-hard mode?  Is this just the current meta for achieving that end or do you not feel you guys could equal this in 5a platoons (taking into account your infatuation with zoom-zoom).   

11 minutes ago, Meirzin said:

I lost the replay due to computer issues but do you have the Lakeville match from our first session @TheDivision? It was a great example of this comp saving a match. 

I just looked it up, but I seem to have crashed in the middle, so its split, and kinda messed up (it sticks on your 3rd person). Lakeville is a good map for that comp though. 

9 minutes ago, Archaic_One said:

So, I'm curious - hasn't it been kind of doctrine that 3 unicums platooning in tier X has always led to ~75% WR if they were in moderate try-hard mode?  Is this just the current meta for achieving that end or do you not feel you guys could equal this in 5a platoons (taking into account your infatuation with zoom-zoom).   

Maybe before platooning 10s meant 90% 15v15 matches. It was certainly depressing my win rate. I certainly put in the constraint of adding the LT, because I just can't mentally handle the arty focus that comes with heavies and heaviums. Consider this thread a call to anyone who still cares about winning 75%. I think everyone is just chasing marks and dpg ladders, happy with 58-65%. And thats fine for them, it just doesn't meet my personal interests and desire for bonds bonds bonds. 

3 minutes ago, mistervanni said:

very interesting, ofc now we all want to see @TheDivision pewpewing after tanks are cooked :D

I wish to read your thoughts on the GO FAST

that LT not only GOES FAST but is also low af :O

it opens so much workable positions/covers/stuff that probably others can't use. One question: did u ever find that it was too low to spot over some rocks or debris? like u had to get further through them for the "vision pointer" to register?

On another note, how do pubs follow ur pings like that XD

Lastly, is @Meirzin aka the goldspambait left to his own devices in most of the maps?
Are there positions or situations where the HT would be needed to cover the Strv while the LT goes fast somewhere? or just without encounter/assaults its rarer to happen

2 minutes ago, mistervanni said:

that LT not only GOES FAST but is also low af :O

it opens so much workable positions/covers/stuff that probably others can't use. One question: did u ever find that it was too low to spot over some rocks or debris? like u had to get further through them for the "vision pointer" to register?

Lastly, is @Meirzin aka the goldspambait left to his own devices in most of the maps?
Are there positions or situations where the HT would be needed to cover the Strv while the LT goes fast somewhere? or just without encounter/assaults its rarer to happen

Crab is the pub whisperer, they just understand him. I generally just play the brawl area and facilitate a push if we have the overmatched or do a fighting retreat begging division to save me if we don't.  

22 minutes ago, mistervanni said:

the pubs see crab's xvm color and are spooked to submission

Profuse thanks for this thread. I feel like my IQ has been boosted.

6 hours ago, Fulvin said:

the pubs see crab's xvm color and are spooked to submission

if only that worked for every super uni

Ground out 200 bonds today, an average of 8 per game in the E 50M is pretty nice. 

I really disagree with the LT platoon stuff. It might be fun but it’s not the best. Triple heavies will always have the biggest impact on winning. Get 3 IS-7s and you can win just about anything. Flexibility is grossly overrated because the ability to push something is non-existent. Having to rely on teammates is a bad thing to deal with, so loading in with tanks that can push an area but also dig themselves in real hard to prevent pushes. 

Have you ever tried pushing 3 hulldown IS-7s? It’s fucking impossible. Even 6 tanks will bleed so much trying that you can basically stall half the enemy team with 3 tanks. You’re still mobile as well to kick enemy teams off of key areas. All you need for T10 Bond grinding is 3 IS-7s. Really. Winning has never been this easy, 

I just want a T10 KV-5 because then 100% WR is a real possibility :serb: