CraBeatOff

The Bond Farm

77 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Kolni said:

Ground out 200 bonds today, an average of 8 per game in the E 50M is pretty nice. 

I really disagree with the LT platoon stuff. It might be fun but it’s not the best. Triple heavies will always have the biggest impact on winning. Get 3 IS-7s and you can win just about anything. Flexibility is grossly overrated because the ability to push something is non-existent. Having to rely on teammates is a bad thing to deal with, so loading in with tanks that can push an area but also dig themselves in real hard to prevent pushes. 

Have you ever tried pushing 3 hulldown IS-7s? It’s fucking impossible. Even 6 tanks will bleed so much trying that you can basically stall half the enemy team with 3 tanks. You’re still mobile as well to kick enemy teams off of key areas. All you need for T10 Bond grinding is 3 IS-7s. Really. Winning has never been this easy, 

I just want a T10 KV-5 because then 100% WR is a real possibility :serb: 

Pz7 and vk72 have side boobs if that is what you are looking for. I get it is not a r2d2 but it is the closest thing we have to it

5 hours ago, Kolni said:

Ground out 200 bonds today, an average of 8 per game in the E 50M is pretty nice. 

I really disagree with the LT platoon stuff. It might be fun but it’s not the best. Triple heavies will always have the biggest impact on winning. Get 3 IS-7s and you can win just about anything. Flexibility is grossly overrated because the ability to push something is non-existent. Having to rely on teammates is a bad thing to deal with, so loading in with tanks that can push an area but also dig themselves in real hard to prevent pushes. 

Have you ever tried pushing 3 hulldown IS-7s? It’s fucking impossible. Even 6 tanks will bleed so much trying that you can basically stall half the enemy team with 3 tanks. You’re still mobile as well to kick enemy teams off of key areas. All you need for T10 Bond grinding is 3 IS-7s. Really. Winning has never been this easy, 

I just want a T10 KV-5 because then 100% WR is a real possibility :serb: 

I'm not disagreeing but i want to see it. 100 game sample. Not necessarily you, but that's why i put this thread out- to try to falsify or replicate my results. But i don't want to do it myself because i don't want to get artied :) I've already noted that i think some IS-7/China platoon might be better or the same. 

And I'll carefully document my next 60 using this set up, just so it's comparable.

This would all be moot if i could solo grind bond in the 50M at a rate of 8/game :(

2 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

I'm not disagreeing but i want to see it. 100 game sample. Not necessarily you, but that's why i put this thread out- to try to falsify or replicate my results. But i don't want to do it myself because i don't want to get artied :) I've already noted that i think some IS-7/China platoon might be better or the same. 

And I'll carefully document my next 60 using this set up, just so it's comparable.

This would all be moot if i could solo grind bond in the 50M at a rate of 8/game :(

Yeah I had a killer session. HC + Confederate medals every game that wasnt full T10. 

I’d say 3 IS-7s win more than anything. Armour holds up and with the buff the tank doesnt have a real weakness. The only maps that would be trouble are ones where pushing isnt an option (Prokho etc) but your tanks are still viable. 3 Superheavies are too slow, mixed tanks are also a problem because there’s too many situations where at least one is useless. IS-7s can always be productive no matter what and fight anything, that’s what makes them so good at winning. BigCheese was soloing 72% 3 years ago in it. Put two more DPGwhores and mid 90s should be possible.

I don't see IS-7s working with effectively T12 mm on NA. I know it used to be effective in the past, but I find that its become common sense on NA to just sling gold at the UFP or HE when you can't pen a hull-down IS-7.

Another tank that works wonders is the Super Conq. Pair that with either vision + flex or vision + alpha and you can't really lose.

4 hours ago, Fulcrous said:

I don't see IS-7s working with effectively T12 mm on NA. I know it used to be effective in the past, but I find that its become common sense on NA to just sling gold at the UFP or HE when you can't pen a hull-down IS-7.

Another tank that works wonders is the Super Conq. Pair that with either vision + flex or vision + alpha and you can't really lose.

There'd obviously have to be very good players in them. One IS-7 can solo over 70 because of push capabilities pretty much, put 3 and you can push just about anything but be extremely hard to push back which is why I rate it so high. Add teamplay into the mix against teams of the average and nothing should really stand a chance

4 hours ago, Kolni said:

There'd obviously have to be very good players in them. One IS-7 can solo over 70 because of push capabilities pretty much, put 3 and you can push just about anything but be extremely hard to push back which is why I rate it so high. Add teamplay into the mix against teams of the average and nothing should really stand a chance

Data!

On 02/12/2017 at 4:45 PM, Kolni said:

Get me 2 players good enough to match me :kappa: 

Don't even need that. You calling the shots plus a couple of teals would be enough, since you're working together.

@CraBeatOff so I watched the first five replays (got my computer back) and for what I saw the Strv worked fine with the t100lt but both these tanks generally have left the IS7 alone. I know i need to watch more replays and will, but would it not be better to switch to a med? A med like the 50m or 140 could easily work with both the IS7 to push a flank or take advantage of the t100lt spotting. In this way all the tanks could switch gears between support and active dominance depending on the map. 

1 hour ago, nabucodonsor said:

@CraBeatOff so I watched the first five replays (got my computer back) and for what I saw the Strv worked fine with the t100lt but both these tanks generally have left the IS7 alone. I know i need to watch more replays and will, but would it not be better to switch to a med? A med like the 50m or 140 could easily work with both the IS7 to push a flank or take advantage of the t100lt spotting. In this way all the tanks could switch gears between support and active dominance depending on the map. 

I defer that question to @TheDivision as he is the S tank expert, but he shared some thoughts about effective dpm earlier. Specifically how the Strv makes its dpm very easy to realize because of the non-existent aim time, high pen and shell speeds.

1 hour ago, nabucodonsor said:

The S tank saved me several times, and I'd much rather have it than some medium. 

10 hours ago, TheMarine0341 said:

Do you constant RR22, or slow play the hell outa everything?

In the IS-7? If you have backup you can pretty much go as aggressive as possible as long as you have hulldown cover, doesn't matter where your support is as long as they can't push you, but I still slowplay it because I like that gameplay better

My bond total seems to barely move, probably playing too much tier 9. 

Necroing for enlightment.

I currently need around 2.3k bonds and i need to know how2grind fast without committing sudoku.

Grand battles are great for bonds.  Sadly.  Toon with a T10 arty and you'll get 'em until the online population drops too low.

Invader, Defender, etc dishes out bonds.

It's like they reward shit play.

2 hours ago, NightmareMk9 said:

Grand Hunt, get 250 Bonds per day for unknown number of days.

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/general-news/bonds-the-grand-hunt/

Came here to post this. Same special on EU

^ Got my 250 last night, took over 20 games but I got terrible teams, winning only 9 games despite doing a lot in most games.

Should be doable, apparently 17 million went down from the total last night so it's enough to last about 15 days. 

If I can do enough of those days should get enough to get one piece of equipment.

Those who have some, which one do you recommend as the best and what tank have you put it on? 

Would love to grind more bonds but I just can't stand tier 10 meta and grand battles at the moment. Type 5s, 183s, loads of arty and half the tanks super strong hull down, the meta is awful and have more fun on tier 9.

WG really need to make more bonds more accessible to other tiers. 

I was wondering the same, since I know I will never get a lot of imp. equipment, which piece would bring "best value" ?

3 hours ago, tajj7 said:

^ Got my 250 last night, took over 20 games but I got terrible teams, winning only 9 games despite doing a lot in most games.

Should be doable, apparently 17 million went down from the total last night so it's enough to last about 15 days. 

If I can do enough of those days should get enough to get one piece of equipment.

Those who have some, which one do you recommend as the best and what tank have you put it on? 

Would love to grind more bonds but I just can't stand tier 10 meta and grand battles at the moment. Type 5s, 183s, loads of arty and half the tanks super strong hull down, the meta is awful and have more fun on tier 9.

WG really need to make more bonds more accessible to other tiers. 

It's always lovely how these type of events just squeeze an extra amount of trash out of the woodwork. Games are pure retard fests going either 3-15 or 15-3. Nothing in between.