kaneaaa

Any thoughts on the t92 light tank- Premium tier 8?

140 posts in this topic

This tank will be coming out soon. What are your thoughts about it: worth it or not? 

It looks an excellent scout... Balanced by being a scout.

1 minute ago, Ezz said:

It looks an excellent scout... Balanced by being a scout.

I really love my scouts. But I already have the Black bulldog and not really in a hurry to train USA crew. Im not sure...

Its ability to run and gun looks pretty fun as well. I guess if you like the t100lt this thing might play a bit similar,  if a bit slower. 

First the STG then this. Two balanced premiums in a row? I’d suspect WG rehired a balancing crew. But they released the S. Conq. so...

4 minutes ago, sohojacques said:

First the STG then this. Two balanced premiums in a row? I’d suspect WG rehired a balancing crew. But they released the S. Conq. so...

Dont forget AMX CDA 105. Also fairly balanced.

The WZ-120-1 is arguably a bit too good but its still a turretless TD so I guess its okay.

19 minutes ago, sohojacques said:

First the STG then this.

If it had the accuracy of the tree 122s i'd be inclined to agree with you. As is i suspect it's mostly balanced in the meta because it's a tier 8 med rather than its attributes.

21 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

Dont forget AMX CDA 105. Also fairly balanced.

The WZ-120-1 is arguably a bit too good but its still a turretless TD so I guess its okay.

Ah yes, I forgot about the TDs.

10 minutes ago, Ezz said:

... I suspect it's mostly balanced in the meta because it's a tier 8 med rather than its attributes.

Yeah I’d take the STG over the T92. Similar stationary camo from memory plus chunky alpha. 

5 minutes ago, sohojacques said:

Yeah I’d take the STG over the T92. Similar stationary camo from memory plus chunky alpha. 

And pen and accuracy and armor-ish and hit points. That being said at this point i'm mostly looking for the fun factor which is where the t92 may well deliver.

The T92 LT is shit. 150 alpha and 210 heat pen when you are facing tier 9 and tier 10 almost every game is pure fucking aids. Combine that with 1000hp and your a 2-3 shot for most Tanks you will see. Combine all this with you getting Kharkov, Paris, Pilsen, ensk, stalingrad more that you see any light tank acceptable maps and you will soon regret your purchase decision. It either needs an auto loader or the gun replaced with a 240 alpha 90mm.

EDIT: FYI I have one on my account now for trial.

2 hours ago, Ezz said:

...fun factor which is where the t92 may well deliver.

What bol. said. I think the gun and even the mobility to a degree are just way too shit for it to deliver much fun.   No alpha. No dpm. No pen. Tier 7 LTs remain the sweet spot for the class, tier 9 chode action and type 64 clubbing being the only really notable exceptions that I’ve played. I do wonder about the HWK 12. Is it any good?

Edited by sohojacques
Adding stuff

2 minutes ago, sohojacques said:

I think the gun and even the mobility to a degree are just way too shit for it to deliver much fun. 

From what i can tell it will be one of the best vision scouts in the game, with good (but not great) mobility, and a mediocre gun (like most other 8 lights). It's the shooting on the move aspect that could make or break it. Granted that is a bit like loving to ram. It may be fun, but if you're looking to go full try hard mode it's probably not the greatest of playstyles.

Yeah the gun has great soft stats. But the tank has the same issue as the batchat 12t which I’m still grinding: combo of shitty pen, even when spamming premium, and low dpm means it’s really hard to rack up damage.

Great soft stats on a shitty gun on a shitty platform.

How many synonyms of bad are there? It isn't enough to describe the tank. TRASH. 

Needs a 90mm to be anywhere near decent. 

22 minutes ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

Great soft stats on a shitty gun on a shitty platform.

How many synonyms of bad are there? It isn't enough to describe the tank. TRASH. 

Needs a 90mm to be anywhere near decent. 

or buff gun DPS to same as M41 Bulldog?

3 hours ago, Ezz said:

From what i can tell it will be one of the best vision scouts in the game, with good (but not great) mobility, and a mediocre gun (like most other 8 lights). It's the shooting on the move aspect that could make or break it. Granted that is a bit like loving to ram. It may be fun, but if you're looking to go full try hard mode it's probably not the greatest of playstyles.

what concerns me slightly is how QB demonstrated it easily taking collision damage from going down slopes. It's not unique to it, since I know a lot of LTs do take damage easily from falls or bumps, but the way the front juts out...

The thing that it really has going for it is it's a really cool looking tank. And it just looks like a scout. Look at all the periscopes and view ports sticking out of that thing! And the twin MGs, and the elevating breech that lets it keep a really low turret. All awesome. If you drive tanks for style points, this one might be for you.

54 minutes ago, ThomChen114 said:

or buff gun DPS to same as M41 Bulldog

Give it some actual DPM too. When you are losing a brawl to an LTG, there is something very wrong. 

It's got 200 more DPM than that thing.

To be honest when compared to the tree lights, its DPM isn't that bad. It's the other prem lights that are the outliers.

150 alpha is pitiful. I think I'm reloaded but i still have to wait another half a second... 

I mean I played a singular game in it and didn't do that badly but holy fuck its ability to deal damage is just shit. And its a bit too slow to get away with some of it. 

I'll be honest, my views on scouts, damage, pen and guns were changed somewhat with the t100lt. It's got pretty crappy pen, poor alpha, horrible accuracy, but excellent gun handling. And it just feels good.

That being said, these days the 8 lts and 10 lts get almost the same matchmaking so i guess some of that pen / alpha context may be different.

The pure vision ability of this thing tho looks among the best in the game. It'll be a bit like the swedish TD conundrum... ie when you're on the right map, it will be a joy... when you're not... yeah good luck with that one.

Side note but shell velocity looks good on this thing. Having played a lot of blackdog it's is one of the big things you have to readjust to after playing tanks with good shell velocity.

Yes but a T-100 is speedy. The T92 isn't speedy enough. 

A BC12T is superior to this thing. 

@EzzT49 with the 90mm also has amazing soft stats. Plus dpm. Plus 410m base view range. Plus I suspect tier 9s get to shoot more tier 7s than tier 8s do. 

And is rather fun to play with the 90 (tho I derp).  Plus T49 isn't particularly speedy, is a blob and has pretty bad camo. At a guess with equal crews the t92 would out vision it pretty easy. 

I wish they'd give back it's 70deg/s hull traverse.

That being said, it looks okay-ish? It's certainly not awful, at least it has really nice gun handling. I'd pick it up when it comes out because of its history as the in-between of the M41 and M551.

The only bad things about it are the pen and alpha (but you get the best dpm since you can use a rammer). You can play around these things. The rest is amazing. So all in all seems very solid.

Does anyone know what is the camo difference compared to the HWK?