kaneaaa

Any thoughts on the t92 light tank- Premium tier 8?

170 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Madner Kami said:

He didn't buy one when it was available.

This.

16 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

Oh. I got mine for free. Forgot it was available but then it was total garbage. You can still have the type64 which is broken though it leads to a line that's garbage now. I'm sad about that since I have a 5 skill crew. 

Eh, 1) I'm a scout player, love the playstyle. 2) I've got the 64, love it, and have the M5A1 through WZ-132 as keepers. Haven't bought the 132A yet, and need to start yet ANOTHER crew on the M5A1.

35 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

Oh. I got mine for free. Forgot it was available but then it was total garbage. You can still have the type64 which is broken though it leads to a line that's garbage now. I'm sad about that since I have a 5 skill crew. 

Who has two thumbs AND two 5 skill Chinese LT crews? This fuckin' guy, thats who. 

Saw a few of them going around in some matches, it seems nimble enough to make the circle of death, however for some reason one of them actually started getting stuck on rough terrain while circling an IS3, the gun also seemed to shot APCR by default? or at least when I blocked the shell the "APCR" name was greyed out

1 hour ago, CraBeatOff said:

Who has two thumbs AND two 5 skill Chinese LT crews? This fuckin' guy, thats who. 

Two? Jesus you play way more lights than I DO (or rather the guy who left me his crappy xvm camo acc did). Only 3 +5 skill. 

29 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

Two? Jesus you play way more lights than I DO (or rather the guy who left me his crappy xvm camo acc did). Only 3 +5 skill. 

Type 64 in FAST BOIZ helps. 700 Type 62 games. I got some crazy crews though!

9 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

Type 64 in FAST BOIZ helps. 700 Type 62 games. I got some crazy crews though!

Even more impressive that he built his crews before boosters were a thing

So overall for people that have it.... worth it or not? (be honest please!!!)

For the average player? Absolutely not. For people who are good at scouting, absolutely yes. Be honest about your abilities as a player when thinking about whether you are a good, low-pen scout player or not though, because it's the worst way to spend your money if you are not.

17 minutes ago, Madner Kami said:

For the average player? Absolutely not. For people who are good at scouting, absolutely yes. Be honest about your abilities as a player when thinking about whether you are a good, low-pen scout player or not though, because it the worst way to spend your money if you are not.

The eu forum is currently full of people criticising the t92 and some people who regret buying it... it's put me off for now. Lots of very mixed messages, mainly negative though, unfortunately.

21 minutes ago, kaneaaa said:

The eu forum is currently full of people criticising the t92 and some people who regret buying it... it's put me off for now. Lots of very mixed messages, mainly negative though, unfortunately.

It just comes down to one's ability in scouts. Not ability in "I play my LT like a medium and get damage sometimes" but actually at playing the LT class as intended. I think that if they buff the engine hitpoints, its a good tank for good players. But for bad LT players (which is virtually everyone), then its just a slowish 3 shot target with a plinky gun. I've got a consolidating 3200 combined in it, 1600 damage, 1600 spotting. Soloing at my usual 64-68% wins. Its great for me. I've made millions of credits already, and enjoyed doing it. So if you personally either ARE good at LTs, or are planning to BECOME good, then its a good purchase. If not, then pass, there will be friendlier premiums more your style in the coming days. 

Is there any LT the eu forum thinks is good? I wonder. 

6 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

It just comes down to one's ability in scouts. Not ability in "I play my LT like a medium and get damage sometimes" but actually at playing the LT class as intended. I think that if they buff the engine hitpoints, its a good tank for good players. But for bad LT players (which is virtually everyone), then its just a slowish 3 shot target with a plinky gun. I've got a consolidating 3200 combined in it, 1600 damage, 1600 spotting. Soloing at my usual 64-68% wins. Its great for me. I've made millions of credits already, and enjoyed doing it. So if you personally either ARE good at LTs, or are planning to BECOME good, then its a good purchase. If not, then pass, there will be friendlier premiums more your style in the coming days. 

Is there any LT the eu forum thinks is good? I wonder. 

So essentially you think its balanced? The black bulldog for me is one of my best performing tanks in terms of win rate and I consider it one of the strongest. However, there is the point as well that I'm not particularly excited about the high-tier American tanks (is the Sheriden worth going for? I have the T100 Lt and Amx 105 and people seem to say they are the tier 10s which are worth the effort). So in terms of play style and  enjoyment does the T92 fulfil a role which the black bulldog doesn't? I am definitely a light tank enthusiast....just not really bothered about American crews right now...

There's also something else on my mind which is what is coming in the rest of the calendar that's new, but that's a bit different....  

Here's the comparison worth making: https://tanks.gg/tank/t92/stats?cs=m41-bulldog

Basically its a premium Bull:doge: that has a much lower profile, better camo ratings, and less dispersion on the move. But this comes at the cost of alpha and overall mobility (and real money). Not to mention that its HEAT shell has the same pen, less damage, but costs EVEN MOAR. Let's not kid ourselves, paying 4400 for 170 alpha and 210 pen is a blatant ripoff. Paying 5600 for 150 alpha must be :serb:'s idea of a sick joke. And then there's the module vulnerabilities.

My appraisal is that just considering the camo, the low profile, and the gun handling, the T92 would be decent at the scouting role. There's really just two unfortunate problems with that- one is that the scouting role itself is seldom relevant in the current meta. The other is that tiers 9 and 10 are a thing, and that outplaying them in a 1v1 scenario isn't going to end well. Your only hope is the team, and good luck with that.

As of the general state of balance with tier 8 lights, I say that the 41-90 is the golden standard and therefore just about every other tier 8 light is under-gunned. Forget the pen, just give them some DPM and then they can at least be a noteworthy threat when flanking.

2 hours ago, Mikosah said:

Here's the comparison worth making: https://tanks.gg/tank/t92/stats?cs=m41-bulldog

Basically its a premium Bull:doge: that has a much lower profile, better camo ratings, and less dispersion on the move. But this comes at the cost of alpha and overall mobility (and real money). Not to mention that its HEAT shell has the same pen, less damage, but costs EVEN MOAR. Let's not kid ourselves, paying 4400 for 170 alpha and 210 pen is a blatant ripoff. Paying 5600 for 150 alpha must be :serb:'s idea of a sick joke. And then there's the module vulnerabilities.

My appraisal is that just considering the camo, the low profile, and the gun handling, the T92 would be decent at the scouting role. There's really just two unfortunate problems with that- one is that the scouting role itself is seldom relevant in the current meta. The other is that tiers 9 and 10 are a thing, and that outplaying them in a 1v1 scenario isn't going to end well. Your only hope is the team, and good luck with that.

As of the general state of balance with tier 8 lights, I say that the 41-90 is the golden standard and therefore just about every other tier 8 light is under-gunned. Forget the pen, just give them some DPM and then they can at least be a noteworthy threat when flanking.

The only reason you could say tier 8 LTs are outgunned is because the Blackdog gets 102 pen HEP. Otherwise both the WZ and HWK are more or less equal. It's a LT that gets outspotted by all the LTs except the m41 (rip) I believe (cant remember the exact camo values).

Oh and scouting is not dead at all. Scouts are the only tank class that can give 4k HP advatange on maps like Lakeville. And they have the capability of breaking Erlenberg camps. And the list of "non scouting" maps where they can be very useful can still go on like Live Oaks, Redshire, Fishermans Bay ecc.

This is just my opinion but scouts as they are now are far way more dangerous than before 9.18. Their area denial capabilities is almost OP. 

19 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

If it was a 7, I would have passed. The 13 57 and Type 62 fill that tier and their nation/class very nicely. I do appreciate that WG finally got me a high tier prem LT to train up the T49 crew (I'm in process of replacing the T49 commander with a female crewmember). Plus it earns like an 8 instead of a 7.

Love my Type, missed the 13 57. :(

The thing I like about watching your replays is noting the differences between my plans and yours. Generally you're using distance, spotting and camo much more than I would. So I guess this tank is a good skip, I don't really have the playstyle.

2 hours ago, DracoArgentum said:

The thing I like about watching your replays is noting the differences between my plans and yours. Generally you're using distance, spotting and camo much more than I would. So I guess this tank is a good skip, I don't really have the playstyle.

See that's the funny thing about scouts. Your job is precisely not to be the first tank ahead all the time. Everyone who demands that their scouts do that, ultimately does not understand the mechanics of the game. A scout is, thanks to WarGaming's infinite wisdom, never going to burn through the camo of a bushcamping TD, unless that TD fires and guess what the TD, that has a high enough combined camo value to force you into it's viewrange, is going to fire at, if you are trying to scout it out headon... The real job of scouts is having an eye on enemy movement/deployment and opening up vision lanes where the team has none and, consequentially, spot bushcamping TDs by going around them, to negate the bush in front of them.

That WarGaming is so desperately trying to force light tanks into close combat range is a good sign that they do not understand the mechanics of their game either.

Also one more thing the fact that right close to sale WG announce an engine buff (I think?) does not inspire confidence as it suggests a rush job and a truth in the complaint that the tank is underpowered.... that finally sealed my opinion that I won't buy yet.... so Ill keep monitoring the feedback and see if I can make an informed final judgment.

3 hours ago, DracoArgentum said:

Well that at least makes me feel like the effort to post them is worth it! I post out of habit but earlier i realized that if someone sees my replays and doesn't think "oh i want to do that" then yes this tank isn't for them.

57 minutes ago, Madner Kami said:

See that's the funny thing about scouts. Your job is precisely not to be the first tank ahead all the time. Everyone who demands that their scouts do that, ultimately does not understand the mechanics of the game. A scout is, thanks to WarGaming's infinite wisdom, never going to burn through the camo of a bushcamping TD, unless that TD fires and guess what the TD, that has a high enough combined camo value to force you into it's viewrange, is going to fire at, if you are trying to scout it out headon... The real job of scouts is having an eye on enemy movement/deployment and opening up vision lanes where the team has none and, consequentially, spot bushcamping TDs by going around them, to negate the bush in front of them.

That WarGaming is so desperately trying to force light tanks into close combat range is a good sign that they do not understand the mechanics of their game either.

Very very well put. LIGHT TANK GO SCOUT mentality just yields uselessness in so many situations and 15% survival rates. 

2 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

Very very well put. LIGHT TANK GO SCOUT mentality just yields uselessness in so many situations and 15% survival rates. 

I cannot say how gratifying it is to see really good players, esp. ones who are demonstrably excellent at playing scouts, shoot down the myth that scouts need to be out leading the charge all the time.

I have personally all but given trying to push the middle road on Lakeville, for example.  For one, there are usually several teammates willing to push there instead, and I get much more out of skirting the shore and getting vision into the city, and that also leaves me many more avenues for retreat, which you absolutely need.

I keep reminding myself (but I have yet to fully internalize it, b/c I'm a stupid pubbie at the end of the day) that scouts increase in value as the game goes on, so wasting your HP in early skirmishes is not really helping your team or yourself.

6 hours ago, nabucodonsor said:

The only reason you could say tier 8 LTs are outgunned is because the Blackdog gets 102 pen HEP. Otherwise both the WZ and HWK are more or less equal. It's a LT that gets outspotted by all the LTs except the m41 (rip) I believe (cant remember the exact camo values).

The wz132 has a pretty fantastic gun, but I'm on the record as being something of a Chinese LT fanboy (up through tier 8, at least).  And yes, the Blackdog has two gunnery advantages - HEP and DPM.  But crappy camo and sluggish mobility are not marks in its favor, two things at which pretty much every other tier 8 LT surpasses it.

Not buying the 13-57 has forever been a regret of mine. It just looked too shit before all the LT changes. Its forever a "Must Buy" now if its EVER available

I had to scout the Lakeville valley for a sh. It's the absolutely worse terrain in the game and the T92 would not turn. Add that terrain resistance to the list of necessary hot fixes. 

Its balanced well against the Bulldog, but that is I believe the weakest performing of the tier 8 lights.

I think the engine issue is fixed I've had no problems with it so far.

My main gripe is the DPM is far too low for this level of alpha, you should be a pew pew to death type tank, like the T-34 on tier 5 with the 57mm, around 2k DPM for the lowest alpha on tier 8 is terrible when an IS3 has 1850 for 390. 

I got behind a deathstar but it took me so long to kill him his teammates came back and killed me. 

Needs to top speed to 65kph and the DPM up to 2.5k base at least I reckon, though all tier 8 lights could do with a DPM and pen buff across the board IMO, but this should have the highest DPM considering the alpha. 

5 hours ago, Hellsfog said:

I had to scout the Lakeville valley for a sh. It's the absolutely worse terrain in the game and the T92 would not turn. Add that terrain resistance to the list of necessary hot fixes. 

That terrain is soft terrain, the T92 has no problem with soft terrain. It's the base traverse rate that is at fault.

On 11/28/2017 at 5:47 PM, bolagnaise said:

The T92 LT is shit. 150 alpha and 210 heat pen when you are facing tier 9 and tier 10 almost every game is pure fucking aids. Combine that with 1000hp and your a 2-3 shot for most Tanks you will see. Combine all this with you getting Kharkov, Paris, Pilsen, ensk, stalingrad more that you see any light tank acceptable maps and you will soon regret your purchase decision. It either needs an auto loader or the gun replaced with a 240 alpha 90mm.

EDIT: FYI I have one on my account now for trial.

Reading this makes me remember you showing me your stream for the first time. An angry aussie is a scary aussie

3 hours ago, tajj7 said:

Its balanced well against the Bulldog, but that is I believe the weakest performing of the tier 8 lights.

I think the engine issue is fixed I've had no problems with it so far.

My main gripe is the DPM is far too low for this level of alpha, you should be a pew pew to death type tank, like the T-34 on tier 5 with the 57mm, around 2k DPM for the lowest alpha on tier 8 is terrible when an IS3 has 1850 for 390. 

I got behind a deathstar but it took me so long to kill him his teammates came back and killed me. 

Needs to top speed to 65kph and the DPM up to 2.5k base at least I reckon, though all tier 8 lights could do with a DPM and pen buff across the board IMO, but this should have the highest DPM considering the alpha. 

WG is afraid it would be too dominant in the hands of competent players. 65kph + 2500 dpm would achieve that. 

I would solo 2-3% higher with 65 kph and 2500 base dpm. That would be OP in WG's eyes, because then I'd be doing as well in a LT and I do in a HT, and they simply cannot abide that.