kaneaaa

Any thoughts on the t92 light tank- Premium tier 8?

186 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Tanager said:

Yeah, b/c tier 8.  I get more out of extra spotting than I do out of the slight improvements to soft stats.  But I only have 472 with optics, BIA, SA, 72% recon, no food - are you assuming food?

I might be. I don't remember since I played with and without it in recent days so I must be. This was my setup for part of my 3 mark grind

So I bought this tank today. This was what they were saying about it on the EU forum (still are!):

"it's a turd"

"WG greed premium shells"

"A tank that can't farm credits" 

So far played 15 games, with 80% win rate and 4300 win8, aced on 3rd game with a profit of 250k credits for that game... Also not needed to fire 1 round of gold ammo so far.... made over 1 million credits.... still lots of people on the forum complaining that it's useless and cant do anything ^^

40 minutes ago, kaneaaa said:

So I bought this tank today. This was what they were saying about it on the EU forum (still are!):

"it's a turd"

"WG greed premium shells"

"A tank that can't farm credits" 

So far played 15 games, with 80% win rate and 4300 win8, aced on 3rd game with a profit of 250k credits for that game... Also not needed to fire 1 round of gold ammo so far.... made over 1 million credits.... still lots of people on the forum complaining that it's useless and cant do anything ^^

Well i feel like i made it clear that most people are bad at LTs. I've probably mad 12m credits in mine thus far. And speed ground my T49 replacement girls. Win rate sits at an acceptable 66% in 200 games.

36 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

Well i feel like i made it clear that most people are bad at LTs. I've probably mad 12m credits in mine thus far. And speed ground my T49 replacement girls. Win rate sits at an acceptable 66% in 200 games.

It really is one of the most fun tanks to play. Its a bit like on a roller coaster: speed, danger and potential to rack up loads of spotting and ninja attacks! The small size and spotting ability is its biggest weapon it seems. My crew is not that good it still needs camo up, but I will enjoy going up the American lt line with this, and I'm looking forward to getting the t49.

Im also grinding the type 4 heavy and thats just lumbering BLAM in face not so interesting. However that's what I guess the forum would consider a good tank.

It's just amazing how angry they are getting over the t92, its like it was just an empty flammable box!

They are also angry about the MAUERBRECHER but I think thats justified as I've not yet seen one be effective in battle...its a bit of a piñata

Well, I'm just shy of 180 games in this thing now and my opinion of it holds. For me, this thing is a lot of fun. Most fun I've had with a premium since the 90mm Bulldog. The combination of small size, great camo and good view range is good.  Do I wish this thing were 5-10kph faster?  Yeah.... but it already seems to benefit from the tiny size and I've noticed lot of misses during my escapes that  maybe some players may not be aware of(or remember happened) . 

The warning I'd give to people is that I've accidentally suicided by getting bumped by arty end game a few times.. mainly to crusaders.. I forgot that those stupid things go backwards really fast, this thing absolutely will take lots of collision damage over any bump. Most scouts can take a small nudge to get behind cancer but if you don't have at least half your HP left I would absolutely not risk it. 

Got this as a wot comeback gift for myself. Quite nice but the dpm seems somewhat low considering the alpha and penetration and the suspension nodding so much with even small motion is a surprisingly annoying feature. Worth the money for me but seems to be more geared towards actual scouting and less for doing damage which leads to some bit sad games when map and mm say nope.

3 hours ago, Daroc said:

Got this as a wot comeback gift for myself. Quite nice but the dpm seems somewhat low considering the alpha and penetration and the suspension nodding so much with even small motion is a surprisingly annoying feature. Worth the money for me but seems to be more geared towards actual scouting and less for doing damage which leads to some bit sad games when map and mm say nope.

The T92 is defos a full-fledged scout unlike the Black Doge which is more of a fast medium. I do not have the tank nor have I played it, but from my experience fighting it, it seems that the gun is less reliable than it should be, and the tank is so light and fragile so that it's fodder to any half decent medium. 

IMO it fits better at Tier 7 than 8.

16 hours ago, lavawing said:

IMO it fits better at Tier 7 than 8.

Tier is fine IMO, but it's highly map- and situation-sensitive, at least for mere mortals (non-Chode$tars).  

Closing on 250 games and I'm a big big fan. The engine was patched to be tier 8 with appropriate module hp and is no longer destroyed with any regularity. It's not particularly flammable either. 1200 m/s standard round and low dispersion make it a great flanker and LT skirmisher. It doesn't get crazy high numbers, but it's real good at influencing!

It did look tempting.  The challenge is that my current spending model aligns with something adding something new, fun and different. Not sure this is it. But would probably be a bit more tempted when it goes on sale. Still also interested in how the other 8 lts will stack up. 

On 1/4/2018 at 8:06 PM, Ezz said:

It did look tempting.  The challenge is that my current spending model aligns with something adding something new, fun and different. Not sure this is it.

It's a prem scout that can actually scout, relies on mobility/camo, and trains USA light crews.  Seems new and different, and I'd definitely rate it fun personally.

Yeah,  'can actually scout'  strikes me as the more attractive bit. The black dog can get dull in this regard. I've mostly been going to the type 62 / 64 if I want vision fun but low tiers can also get a bit dull.

27 minutes ago, Ezz said:

Yeah,  'can actually scout'  strikes me as the more attractive bit. The black dog can get dull in this regard. I've mostly been going to the type 62 / 64 if I want vision fun but low tiers can also get a bit dull.

T92 gets that new sick hp/t to dance around nerds.

Hit 100% moe today while grinding credits. Pew pew pew

I really like T92. Carrying games is hard, but when you do the games are really really memorable. Snap shotting enemies never gets old.

BTW has anyone noticed while the pen is only 175mm, it hardly drops at all over distance... because reasons, I dunno.

Still think the DPM should be 10% better, and the shells cheaper. Why does Black Dog get better alpha for cheaper ammo?

The gun isn't quite Pew pew pew enough, its more like Pew            pew            pew.

6 hours ago, TankkiPoju said:

BTW has anyone noticed while the pen is only 175mm, it hardly drops at all over distance... because reasons, I dunno.

b/c 1219 m/s APCR for standard ammo.  i think this is what a scout should have - a gun that won't frighten anyone, but with a high RoF, solid accuracy, and very high shell velocity.  It at least fits the role.

7 hours ago, TankkiPoju said:

I really like T92. Carrying games is hard, but when you do the games are really really memorable.

Definitely.  I never dreamed that my first ace in this thing would come on Paris, of all maps:

S8cHRf8.png

Good grief, but this thing is an ATM on tracks.  Absolutely primo credit grinder, in no small part due to the god-mode camo and sweet 400m base VR.  Also, this thing can carve some fantastic turns.  Handbrake turns are a blast when you're trying to evade fire, and it's got enough power to make them actually useful sometimes.

Hi,

so after 500 battles played and 58% WR I can say I really like this tank. It may be my absolute favourite in this game. I just have one problem with it. I am not able to 3 mark it. I was at 88% some time but recently i have a hard time to stay at 85%.

I dont know if its my habbit to only play certain parts of maps, i read the map wrong, or meta just likes to screw with me (a lot of city lately) on top of me not beeing a super unicum but i feel like i cant get over that plateau.

Id gladly take some advicefrom the better Light players here to see what im missing or were i can improve.

https://imgur.com/a/5sdmu

Here a link on my stats, if anyone is willing to look, id upoad some replays too but i would be really happy for some advice first.

Also: Is there a good light guide or especially an t92 how to out there?

thanks in advance :)

9 minutes ago, Action said:

Hi,

so after 500 battles played and 58% WR I can say I really like this tank. It may be my absolute favourite in this game. I just have one problem with it. I am not able to 3 mark it. I was at 88% some time but recently i have a hard time to stay at 85%.

Id gladly take some advice of the better Light players here to see what im missing or were i can improve.

https://imgur.com/a/5sdmu

Here a link on my stats, if anyone is willing to look, id upkoad some replays to but i would be really happy for some advice.

thanks in advance :)

32% survival. 700 assist. Those two are the issue. How can you spot/assist more, while still staying alive? It takes around 2900 combined to 3 mark this last I checked. These values vary by 100-200 depending on the population playing the tank. You have 1200 dpg, which means needing 1700 spotting to make it there. Thats an unrealistically high number for spotting though. For comparison, I have 1600 direct and 1300 spotting average over 300 battles. Our people's champion @SmyleeRage ticked 2k direct and 900 assist to 3 mark. As you can see these numbers add to that same 3 mark value (with possibly needing a little streak to get it over the target) I 100% marked this tank with a long run of 1900-2000 direct dmg sessions, and presumably maintaining my 1300 spotting because I didn't change my play style. I just made sure to think to myself "stay alive like Smylee, stay alive like Smylee" and that seemed to do the trick.  Back to the numbers, since you aren't going to sustain 1700 spotting, you'll also need to boost your damage a little bit - and as @TheChang can tell you - the best way to do this is to not lose all your hitpoints early, so you can stay alive. Staying alive and healthy gives you the one resource you need to influence the battles (to carry) via damage. You have the speed and camo, you just need to be able to take key risks instead of bad risks, and have a hit to trade sometimes. 

Crew skills look good - pop a booster this weekend with the double crew XP mission and get into 5ths, so you can have designated target active, and start on recon for the commander

On 26/12/2017 at 6:59 PM, Copeyhagen said:

View range is about 480 on mine with optics. Very nice tank to play, no food, havent fired a single apcr, making 100k profit per game easy

Would just like to update, I was getting 100k a game as I forgot I had the Xmas credit buff from the decorations. Still a nice credit earner, most of all because it's FUN

I guess they limit supply to try to maintain perceived demand and so people think it's a big deal when they go back on sale. But yeah the tank looks funnish.