Spinee

Supertest - 2nd Round of Changes to Obj. 263 Line

26 posts in this topic

The 263 line has gone through another round of changes in the Supertest. This time they're removing the SU-122-54, the Obj. 263 is still Tier 9 with the new tank at Tier 10.

Stats:

SU-100M1. Parameters:

Tier: TD-7, USSR, standard
HP: 850
Max speed/Min speed: 54 / -16 km / h
Hull turning speed: 30 °/s
View range: 350 m

Hull armor: 130 / 90 / 40 mm

Alpha Damage: 250 / 250 / 330
Penetration: 212 / 258 / 50 mm
Reload time: 6,0 s
Accuracy at 100 m: 0,39
Aiming time: 2,0 s
Depression/Elevation: -4 / +20

SU-101. Parameters:

Tier: TD-8, USSR, standard
HP: 850
Max speed/Min speed: 54 / -18 km / h
Hull turning speed: 30 °/s
View range: 350 m

Hull armor: 130 / 90 / 40 mm

Alpha Damage: 440 / 440 / 530
Penetration: 258 / 340 / 68 mm
Reload time: 11,5 s
Accuracy at 100 m: 0,42
Aiming time: 2,4 s
Depression/Elevation: -3 / +18.3

Object 263. Parameters:

Tier: TD-9, USSR, standard
HP: 1800
Max speed/Min speed: 55 / -20 km / h
Hull turning speed: 25 °/s
View range: 360 m

Hull armor: 250 / 80 / 50 mm

Alpha Damage: 550 / 550 / 750
Penetration: 270 / 300 / 75 mm
Reload time: 15,3 s
Accuracy at 100 m: 0,43
Aiming time: 2,1s
Depression/Elevation: -4 / +18

Object 268 Version 4. Parameters:

Tier: TD-10, USSR, standard
HP: 2100
Max speed/Min speed: 55 / -22 km / h
Hull turning speed: 23 °/s
View range: 420 m (:serb:)

Hull armor: 250 / 100 / 45 mm

Alpha Damage: 750 / 750 / 1100
Penetration: 293 / 360 / 90 mm
Reload time: 20,5 s
Accuracy at 100 m: 0,44
Aiming time: 2,0 s
Depression/Elevation: -5 / +15

... ... I'm picturing end game scenarios... where you have to approach a bushkemped TD that has never been lit the whole game... that has 500+m of view range from red line.

wasn't there a patch where WG blinded all the high tier TDs a year or so ago? Something something something about scouts needing a role and TDs lighting targets for themselves being problematic?

10 minutes ago, kreigermann said:

... ... I'm picturing end game scenarios... where you have to approach a bushkemped TD that has never been lit the whole game... that has 500+m of view range from red line.

wasn't there a patch where WG blinded all the high tier TDs a year or so ago? Something something something about scouts needing a role and TDs lighting targets for themselves being problematic?

Yeah, Obj 268 v4 is just retarded. 462 VR with just optics, 492 with BiA, Sit Aware, Recon (and optics). This thing can see as far out as the M48, but with 750 alpha and 3000 DPM easy.

And yes, they did nerf a whole bunch of TDs VR (I think it was 1 or 2 years ago at this rate). However, what baffled me with that patch was how the FV183, T110E3 and JPE all needed the same VR as the Grille, more than the 268, and yet more than the Strv 103. This tank in particular I fully expect a VR nerf.

...so 263 and 268 V4 remains unchanged

So they literally completely ignored the massive negativity by Russians towards this change? The line changes has gotten literally only negative feedback, literally, by Russians, the community that matters most for WG.

Murazor has to stop eating thise fucking crayons 24/7

3 hours ago, leggasiini said:

...so 263 and 268 V4 remains unchanged

So they literally completely ignored the massive negativity by Russians towards this change? The line changes has gotten literally only negative feedback, literally, by Russians, the community that matters most for WG.

Murazor has to stop eating thise fucking crayons 24/7

maybe people should complain about WG like they did with swbf2

The view range doesn't bother me nearly as much as the idea of having a boring Jageru clone with a boring 750 alpha gun. The 263 is fine right where it is, the whole idea of rearranging the line was counterproductive in the first place. Making the whole line look and act the same way is a retarded goal to pursue, and rearranging tanks is going to cause lots of headaches in any case. In what universe would this proposal have been worth all the trouble? Just give the SU-100m1 and SU-101 better depression and they won't have the reputation of being complete garbage. And if that were the case, the line would have been popular.

5 hours ago, Spinee said:

View range: 420 m (:serb:)

Best use of :nanoserb: ever.

5 hours ago, kreigermann said:

Be just like playing against the Swede TDs. Yay

Why dont they just NOT change it?

This line doesnt need changing. Leave it the fuck alone.

1 hour ago, Assassin7 said:

Why dont they just NOT change it?

This line doesnt need changing. Leave it the fuck alone.

The thinking seems to be that it's less popular than the 268 line, so if they make a better 268 people will want to play this line. Which is silly, because already nobody wants the 268 anymore in the first place, as the Chinese TD line demonstrates. But the reason nobody plays the 263 has very little to do with the 263, and a lot to do with the unbearably bad grind and probably the meta. Most folks who want to TD are playing either a hyper dpm Romulan wedge tank, or a turreted TD.

6 minutes ago, Darvek said:

hyper dpm Romulan wedge tank

*chuckles*

16 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

And yes, they did nerf a whole bunch of TDs VR (I think it was 1 or 2 years ago at this rate). However, what baffled me with that patch was how the FV183, T110E3 and JPE all needed the same VR as the Grille, more than the 268, and yet more than the Strv 103. This tank in particular I fully expect a VR nerf.

The FV183, T110E3 and JPE are not (best) played as bush campers. So, over-nerfing the view range would just give them that much more of a disadvantage against the turreted heavy tanks that they usually face.

19 hours ago, kreigermann said:

This td will see you from a long distance but then will miss you from 100m because dat accuracy. This is a tank that will be very RNG reliant. Jesus why don't they understand they need to make accurate tanks more accurate not inaccurate tanks more derpy. They really think not being able to hit weakspots from 100m is the way to go. 

Murazor makes me miss Serb. Jesus this guy is bad at his job. When he rebalances tanks he knows only 2 options - powercreep the shit out of everything or 2nd round of test server nerf to create a portrait of mediocrity.

I have not the slightest idea what is going on within the WG balancing department, but right now they are transforming the 263 line 
into a version of the german Jageru TD line tanks just with the difference that the russian ones are trading better mobility and armor 
for the ability to actually hit things from afar and even up close. 

I just dont get it why they cant simply leave the 263 line as it is (maybe buff some of them or replace the Su-122-54 with something more
fitting ) and introduce a, or more, small mini branches leading to other T10 TDs like it was already mentioned in the prior thread regarding this topic. 

But I guess Murazor with his secret masterplan has other things in mind ... maybe someone within WG should him his meds back ... 

Don't you dare to criticize our lord and savior Murazor. The one who gave us premium HE on super heavy tanks. 

Well OK, to be fair without his delightful changes to the Godzilla Tanks I wouldn't have 3,5k avg. damage and 2 MoE on the Type 5 with the noob gun :feelsgoodman:

2 hours ago, hall0 said:

Don't you dare to criticize our lord and savior Murazor. The one who gave us premium HE on super heavy tanks. 

Truth be told, the Type 5 would be completely useless in the superheavy meta without the extra damage from premium shells. Not justifying it, just pointing it out.

Well if WG would for example take leggasiinis rework of the Japanese heavy tanks in consideration the line would still be competitive against other 
superheavy tanks without the overuse of derp guns as the only real viable gun options while being quite fair and balanced against lower tier opponents
with a number of actual weak spots. 

sry for off-topic. 

I still don't understand why the have to change one of the most unique yet balanced and fun tier 10s in the game. 

Pubbies thought it was shit because of the gun only doing 550 instead of 750 but they can't fricken see it does that every 9 secs!!!

Murazor is a drooling mongo, just saying.

Makes no sense, everyone complains about the 263 being moved and they acknowledge the feedback, then completely ignore it and take the SU-122-54 out/

Have to LOL at the 420m view range, tier 10 lights get their view range nerfed, several to 390m, but a super armoured, no weakspots 750 alpha TD can have 420? 

So WG see that more people play the 268 line than the 263 line and they want to increase its popularity.  Sooo - lets make it just like the 268 line and take away the only facet of the 263 that makes it interesting instead of improving the weakness's of the middle tanks in the grind.  Now everybody that already has a 268 will surely suffer through that horrid grind so they can have - another 268.  Seems legit to me . .  .