Sign in to follow this  
Canadian_Reaper

ST VK 168.01 Mauerbrecher

39 posts in this topic

Yeah, this is another one that I really think is an April 1st release...but if not ..(power to weight 4.64..can this even go up a hill??)

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/12/03/9-21-test-vk-168-01-mauerbrecher/

Tier: HT-8, Germany, premium
HP: 1700
Engine: 780 hp
Mass: 168 t
Maximum load: 175 t
Power-to-weight: 4,64 hp / t
Max speed/Min speed: 20 / -15 km / h
Hull turning speed: 18 °/s
Turret turning speed: 15,6 °/s
Terrain resistance values: 0,767 / 0,863 / 1,918
View range: 400 m
Radio range: 740,4 m

Hull armor: 180 / 130 / 100 mm
Turret armor: 230 / 160 / 100 mm

Gun: 12,8 cm Kw.K. L/50 A

Alpha Damage: 440 / 440 / 630
Penetration: 220 / 260 / 65 mm
Rate of fire: 4,171 rounds/minute
Damage per minute: 1835,4
Reload time: 14,384 s
Accuracy at 100 m: 0,384
Aiming time: 2,59 s
Depression/Elevation: -8 / +25

Not as far as I can tell. The tank is riddled with weakspots, is slow as fuck, has no engine power and no DPM. There is literally nothing good about it. It is the only tank that still has the machine-gun bulge not just as a distinct part of the collision model, but also a giant and practically unmissile weakspot in the armor. I do not know what they want to achieve with this vehicle. It has all the flaws of the british heavy TDs and doesn't even get anything as compensation, they, at least, have DPM and camo, compared to this monstrosity.

8 minutes ago, Zepherex said:

The back story is 100% WG fiction. Why do they always bother making these kinda things up? lmao

It's funny as fuck though and nicely tailored to the "camo" theme. Credit, where credit is due.

1 hour ago, Madner Kami said:

Not as far as I can tell. The tank is riddled with weakspots, is slow as fuck, has no engine power and no DPM. There is literally nothing good about it. It is the only tank that still has the machine-gun bulge not just as a distinct part of the collision model, but also a giant and practically unmissile weakspot in the armor. I do not know what they want to achieve with this vehicle. It has all the flaws of the british heavy TDs and doesn't even get anything as compensation, they, at least, have DPM and camo, compared to this monstrosity.

DPM isn't that bad. Lowe has much less with 320 alpha.

Also I think we wanted tanks to have weakspots. The problem here is they created an old t95 - a heavily armored tank with a good gun (440 alpha on t8 with non shit dpm is always good)  balanced by being 2 years behind their team

51 minutes ago, Zepherex said:

The back story is 100% WG fiction. Why do they always bother making these kinda things up? lmao

So they can have Oho premium with a commander pikatchu when they finally release japanese tanks on non retarded servers

27 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

Also I think we wanted tanks to have weakspots.

It's debateable whether frontal weakspots should be 100% penetratable by literally everything in it's tier, on a vehicle that has no other qualities other than it's armor. Granted though, mentioning the Löwe, I maybe overestimating the weakness of these weakspots, but the Löwe is a lot faster and has a better DPM to Alpha ratio. I dunno, this just looks meh.

1 hour ago, Madner Kami said:

It's debateable whether frontal weakspots should be 100% penetratable by literally everything in it's tier, on a vehicle that has no other qualities other than it's armor. Granted though, mentioning the Löwe, I maybe overestimating the weakness of these weakspots, but the Löwe is a lot faster and has a better DPM to Alpha ratio. I dunno, this just looks meh.

"Dpm to alpha ratio" LOL WUT? It has a better ratio because it has LOWER ALPHA AND DPM as in it's worse in both. It's like saying Fiat 500 has a better acceleration to top speed ratio than a Ferrari Enzo. 

As for the weakspot I agree it's bad but that's only because it's the current meta and the cupola is big enough (plus the lfp is really soft an the frontal turret means bad at sidescraping). If WG did a big rebalance and all tanks had weakspots this would make sense. Remember when all armored tanks had MG port weakspots?

52 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

"Dpm to alpha ratio" LOL WUT? It has a better ratio because it has LOWER ALPHA AND DPM as in it's worse in both

No idea why, but I had the Löwe as 2k DPM in mind. :facepalm:

52 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

As for the weakspot I agree it's bad but that's only because it's the current meta and the cupola is big enough (plus the lfp is really soft an the frontal turret means bad at sidescraping). If WG did a big rebalance and all tanks had weakspots this would make sense. Remember when all armored tanks had MG port weakspots?

"All" the armored tanks? Yes, I do. It was almost exclusively the germans and they were double-fucked because of frontal engine fires. It was terrible.

25 minutes ago, Madner Kami said:

No idea why, but I had the Löwe as 2k DPM in mind. :facepalm:

"All" the armored tanks? Yes, I do. It was almost exclusively the germans and they were double-fucked because of frontal engine fires. It was terrible.

If Lowe had 2k dpm it would be a great tank. Probably a few would cry broken (but it wouldn't be since noobs would still fail in it) but for good players it would stomp pretty hard.

Frontal engine fires was indeed a problem but back in those days any non russian heavy had it's own problems. You know brits and ammoracks and fires, Chinease with ammoracks. 

Spersh also had a frontal weakspot. Is3 didn't have broken armor for the speed/turret/gun combo etc

Completely pointless as a tank, tbh. Im surprised that they havent updated its stats, because it is literally massively worse VK 100 with nothing interesting niche over it. Also 4.6 hp/ton haHAA

If it was actually unique I would get it but ehh. I am pretty fucking sure they buff it, no way in hell they release it with 4.6 hp/ton

No idea what this "Ein Berlin" inscription on the side of the tank should mean. I know what the words mean but what is the intention of this? If we take the fake back story as basis this makes no sense. Something like "Berlin bleibt Deutsch" would make sense and would be historical accurate but probably too "Nazi"  for WG. 

This inscription would only make sense if we would take the cold war period when Berlin was devided in east and west and there were two Berlins instead of one (Ein). 

Anyway. I am not happy with this stupid fake story and inscription. 

46 minutes ago, hall0 said:

No idea what this "Ein Berlin" inscription on the side of the tank should mean. I know what the words mean but what is the intention of this? If we take the fake back story as basis this makes no sense. Something like "Berlin bleibt Deutsch" would make sense and would be historical accurate but probably too "Nazi"  for WG. 

This inscription would only make sense if we would take the cold war period when Berlin was devided in east and west and there were two Berlins instead of one (Ein). 

Anyway. I am not happy with this stupid fake story and inscription. 

You did read the description, right? "Ein Berlin". "One Berlin". The meaning being "A United Berlin". Fits perfectly for their description of a tank that was used by protesters during the protests for Reunification at the end of the Cold War. It's literally in the description, it was used as a battering ram to tear down the wall, which was dividing the western (US, british and french) and eastern (soviet) part of the city. "Mauerbrecher". "Wallbreaker".

All completely ficticious, of course.

I'd assume the one refers to it being the ram that broke part of the wall in their story. 

11 hours ago, Zepherex said:

11 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

It's funny as fuck though and nicely tailored to the "camo" theme. Credit, where credit is due.

it's so ridiculous that I almost wish this did actually happen, a tiny but amusing moment in history already filled with stories of powerful people fucking up and screwing over the common folk

8 hours ago, leggasiini said:

Completely pointless as a tank, tbh. Im surprised that they havent updated its stats, because it is literally massively worse VK 100 with nothing interesting niche over it. Also 4.6 hp/ton haHAA

If it was actually unique I would get it but ehh. I am pretty fucking sure they buff it, no way in hell they release it with 4.6 hp/ton

Nice meme comparing it with something as broken as the VK

They need to buff the things HP/ton to 10 ish, then it would be a pretty balanced tank.

(They also need to nerf the armour of the VK at the same time). 

Weakspots yes, but LFP is like 180-190 so can be angled, the cupola can be hidden and the tanks still has 1700 HP + 440 alpha, without the Defenders awful gun handling. Not to mention 400m view range as well so it has strength.

Biggest issue is they took the Bicycle off the turret! 

7 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

Biggest issue is they took the Bicycle off the turret! 

I recall seeing bike bits in the "basket" on the tank's ass, covered by a tarp?

Edit: yep, the basket bike is there. But you are right, Balance and CommonSense unhitched the other bike from the turret side, and rode off into the sunset of reason