Sign in to follow this  
Canadian_Reaper

ST VK 168.01 Mauerbrecher

39 posts in this topic

Just PSA, they buffed the engine power to 1600 HP with the release of 9.21. No other changes, though.

Im still pretty confused because its still a flat out worse VK 100. At least it is bit more agile now but eh. Making a similar clone of standard tank and then making it just worse doesn't feel like by 2017's standards. Quite interesting move by WG, not sure if they are going back to original policy "prems should be worse than regular tanks", or if it is about the get buffed, or maybe the VK 100 gets nerfed, who knows

1 hour ago, leggasiini said:

Just PSA, they buffed the engine power to 1600 HP with the release of 9.21. No other changes, though.

Im still pretty confused because its still a flat out worse VK 100. At least it is bit more agile now but eh. Making a similar clone of standard tank and then making it just worse doesn't feel like by 2017's standards. Quite interesting move by WG, not sure if they are going back to original policy "prems should be worse than regular tanks", or if it is about the get buffed, or maybe the VK 100 gets nerfed, who knows

Looking at the responses by one of the devs in that EU Pub topic they just work on random brainfarts

It does look like a real monstrosity, and thus potential buy worthy, buuuuut

a front turret Vk 100 seems mweah, eventhough i like the VK 10o

ps: its an 100% clone of VK 100, except 20mm less UFP armour and a front turret, so only good for novelty more or less (or if your too lazy to grind VK 100)

3 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

It does look like a real monstrosity, and thus potential buy worthy, buuuuut

a front turret Vk 100 seems mweah, eventhough i like the VK 10o

ps: its an 100% clone of VK 100, except 20mm less UFP armour and a front turret, so only good for novelty more or less (or if your too lazy to grind VK 100)

Considering the KV-4 is a decent tier 8 tank this thing must be the best tank at that tier :kappaross:

3 hours ago, Fabunil said:

Considering the KV-4 is a decent tier 8 tank this thing must be the best tank at that tier :kappaross:

kb7zo6I.jpg

Anyway, KV4 >> VK 100 > Mauerbrecher, unless mauer rly stinks, then it becomes >>> (the VK 100 is a good tank, and for green and below probably OP, this mauer thing seems much worse, the more i look at it)

37 minutes ago, hall0 said:

Yeah it went from 4 to 8.something I think. Still not particularly good but much better than before. 

Tanks.gg has the updated numbers by now, dunno for how long. The engine sports 1600 horses now, which leads to a slightly higher power-to-weight-ratio than the VK 100, though the way stock engine-power over equipped engine-power works out, I think the VK 100 is still more mobile. And this is really all this vehicle is: A VK 100 whose turret is further forward and which is riddled with weakspots.

On a technical level I would want one, but it completely fails to deliver. It has the exact same stats as the VK 100, except getting 5° gun elevation less and three prominent and borderline unhideable weakspots: 150 cupola, 140 machine gun port and weak lower plate that can't be angled away unless you expose the drive wheel weakspot. They just recently buffed the AT-series, which were similarly weakspot-riddled, but even those were better armored than the VK 168's weakspots. Sad, really sad.

And...yep, it's on sale now.  Buy 'em while they last...or don't.

1 hour ago, Madner Kami said:

On a technical level I would want one, but it completely fails to deliver. It has the exact same stats as the VK 100, except getting 5° gun elevation less and three prominent and borderline unhideable weakspots: 150 cupola, 140 machine gun port and weak lower plate that can't be angled away unless you expose the drive wheel weakspot.

I may have misread, but to me it looks as if you cannot angle the LFP away except by practically turning the damned thing sideways.  And the LFP is yuuuge, as is the cupola.

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2018/01/14/wot-insider-info-14-01-2018/

Source: Rykoszet Insider

"The marketing department and the historical department have two different concepts of the game

New prem tanks sales figures weren’t leaked, but WG isn’t happy about the Mauerbrecher selling so bad"

:jebaited:

Sign in to follow this