Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GaIahad

Pubbie doing pubbie things

8 posts in this topic

I was playing a game in my Type 64, moving in the general direction of two or three marks of excellence, and had had a pretty good game.

I tried to make it to the passive scouting bush on Prok, but a 2801 yoloed and spotted me. After he died I tried again for the bush, only to be insta-spotted by, it turns out in the end, a camo'ed up E 25. Anyways, I made about 1,200 damage, but then someone took issue with how I was playing my 64.

skpG119.jpg?1

Well I'm not gonna think much of it. I keep playing, and all of a sudden I'm up to around 2,300 damage. This is going great! This fellow didn't think so, though.

nM6RZKf.jpg

Oh crap! I thought I was in a tank that actually gave a shit what pubbies think. Whoops, sorry mate. Anyways, I make it all the way to 3,000+ damage, not an unimpressive result for a tier 6 light tank, and as we're all closing in on the last remaining tank... he teamkills me. I'm not too sad about it, but I think it's a scummy thing to do, telling someone else how to play their tank and killing them for not doing so. Especially when they almost triple your damage, light tank or not.

Got a couple post game chat shots from the encounter. Shoutout to this legend:

6vYi7Ws.jpg?2

And here's the clown in the KV-1:

4UjRYQi.jpg?1

Almost forgot, but here's the replay link for anyone interested in seeing the game played out.

And before anyone says I should have posted this in the name and shame thread, I have a statement and a question. 

Statement: I wanted to make my own thing. If there was a name and shame subforum, I would've gone there.

Question: How many returning readers do the recent posts in the name and shame thread get? If it's a decent number, next time I'll head over. Just want to give a few people a laugh or two and shame the assholes of WOT.

Cheers.

Ironically this got posted the same day you posted this, about as solid a description of the true roll of LTs as I've seen in a while:

GG, man.  If the KV-1 driver really thought the best use of the most OP tank in tier 6 was to hide in a bush somewhere, well I guess thats why he named himself mindless . .  .

Got the same thing, complete with TK, for not scouting in my heavy tank on Prok. Cleared the hill side of the map out, but was down to like 50hp, so I pulled back rather than pushing into their TDs while two healthier and faster teammates took the lead. Which is when our arty decided that if I, personally, wasn't going to spot for him he'd just shoot me instead.

These pubbies I tell ya. They are getting more bizarre every week. The other day I was "advised" by one of these creatures to slow down after doing 3k damage because anything more than that and I would be on WG's radar as a cheater and a hacker. Just WTF?!?!?

There is a new stupid meta for sure. FFS people cross the river on derpenberg assault when defending with 50% of the team in most games I see. Guess how that does end. How did they play before ffs?

Ever since I started playing again a couple of months ago, I just turned off "chat with allies" altogether.

Various pings and notifications (attack/def/reloading etc.) work just fine, I just cant type sh*t, nor can see if others type sh*t. No post-battle convos either.

Been enjoying the peace and silence ever since - and if I absolutely need to talk for some reason, I just switch it back on momentarily mid-battle (like when I got flipped on my side and had to beg someone to come help me)

Morale:
Turn ingame chat off.
Pubs hardly know how to push 'w' and 's'- let alone anything about this game.
Ingame chat as cancerous as an arty click

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0