Sign in to follow this  
kaneaaa

Tier 7 premium PANTHER/M10 worth it?

17 posts in this topic

do you like to support your team with a rapid fire 7,5 cm gun that can't pen higher tiers without APCR yet shreds lower tiers apart on a platform whose hull has absolutely no armor yet its Turret is basically HEAT proof (just don't expect it to bounce AP rounds that often)? if so then yes it is worth it

or you can watch this instead and decide for yourself:

3 minutes ago, saru_richard said:

do you like to support your team with a rapid fire 7,5 cm gun that can't pen higher tiers without APCR yet shreds lower tiers apart on a platform whose hull has absolutely no armor yet its Turret is basically HEAT proof (just don't expect it to bounce AP rounds that often)? if so then yes it is worth it

or you can watch this instead and decide for yourself:

Its pen is bad for tier 7? I would like to earn decent credits from it.

Just now, kaneaaa said:

Its pen is bad for tier 7? I would like to earn decent credits from it.

lets put it this way, you only get 150 mm of pen with the standard ammo... which means have fun doing no dmg when you face things with actual armor when you run out of lightly armor victims to chew through (though the 194 mm of pen on the gold round does actually cut it when your facing higher tier opponents though your going to need to aim for weakspots still)

If you want to earn credits, not only is tier 7 a shit tier to do it in, this tank is as well. You should be bringing a nice stock of APCR in the Warcrime panther. 

For making credits this isn't a good tank. As written before you need quite a lot gold rounds to be competitive. 

You have the same gun, tier level and mm as the E25 does. But unlike the E25 the Panther can't saw an enemy into half. Reload is quite long if you compare it to E25 buzz saw. I fact, I think it gets the same reload as the Pudel does one tier lower. So don't try to out dpm an Pudel if you have less HP, it won't work. 

But to be fair. After the recent buffs it received this tank can be fun. Wouldn't buy it for credit making but for crew training it is decent. 

If it has to be a T7 tank for credit making which is on discount at the moment. I think the Su 122 44 could be nice. It is OP when top tier, OK mid tier,  but sucks against T9s. But hitting T5 tanks for 390 with a T10 medium like dpm is "balanced" 

I'm probably in the minority that actually enjoys this tank (for what tier 7 is worth)

It does have a large HP pool: 1300, which is no joke at T7, plus with Pref MM.  The tank can ram and survive alot of punishment, but it is somewhat sluggish in acceleration and turning.

If you're facing tier 8's, expect to shoot gold, and against the heavily armored (defender, is-3, etc) you should not be engaging them frontally if you want to pen.

If you're facing lower tiers, you will still bounce the random shots against things like KV-2s, 150's, though you should be playing this as a flanker most of the time, while occasionally being a secondary front liner (when you're top tier).

The rate of fire is great, so if you know how to flank and play off angle attack, the tank can accomplish alot.  To me, it's a fair-to-decent tank that has some tricky elements to overcome, but in the right hands plays just fine.

In comparison, being a Mutz or Panther 8.8, you'd be up against tier X's alot, and straight up getting crushed (low alpha, no armor), so this is one of the best options to up your German med crews.  This is what I trained my female e50M crew in.

3 hours ago, hall0 said:

but sucks against T9s

idk, its absolutely hilarious when you use your "why is this tank this fucking fast" mobility to get around a half HP tier 9 and rip him to shreds in 13 seconds. Or when a tier 9 medium decides it wants to trade with you when he is under 800hp. 

Who the fuck balanced Stalin's hammer? I'm so glad i sold the Super Pershing for it. 

I just picked it up, and haven't really been disappointed with it. However, it's also running my Leo 1 crew, which has a HEALTHY stack of skills, and I've not used it as a crew trainer, yet.

I run 40/40 AP/APCR, with HE for the 2? left. Seem to run fairly decent on profit, even with liberal swaps to APCR for VII HT's and VIII's.

IMHO it’s probably one of the best T7 medium (not that there is much competition) and it’s definitely the best premium medium German (all tier).

The DPM is just ridiculous. It probably require some skill to play since you need to work around low alpha and high DPM so you need to think about your exposure more than other tank. Obviously what makes the tank is sheltered MM and the is reason why I don’t understand all this bitching about penetration, most T7 meds have between 148 and 160pen with only the panther having an amazing 194 but most meds see’s T9 and healthy amount of T8 while this one will only see 5 T8 at most in one game.

Also  WG buffed it’s credit income in comparison to other T7 prems at some point, so it’s one of the best earning T7.

BfqbZjy.png

Imo a must buy for any player seeing the price it’s sold at.

As @king_spaniel pointed out, you have 1300hp at tier 7 for a medium.. Also as far as ramming goes this is the E50 of tier 7 basically. 

And the video that was pointed in the first reply, the video is really just a meme plus the video was made prior to the buff so i don't know why anyone would post it to have a relevant discussion. 

And as far as armor goes, it has some armor that will ocasionally bounce and improve you're already amazing 1.3k hp. 

6 hours ago, DHP said:

As @king_spaniel pointed out, you have 1300hp at tier 7 for a medium.. Also as far as ramming goes this is the E50 of tier 7 basically. 

And the video that was pointed in the first reply, the video is really just a meme plus the video was made prior to the buff so i don't know why anyone would post it to have a relevant discussion. 

And as far as armor goes, it has some armor that will ocasionally bounce and improve you're already amazing 1.3k hp. 

Well I got it today...seems fine still not sure how to play it to its strengths

6 hours ago, kaneaaa said:

Well I got it today...seems fine still not sure how to play it to its strengths

Deeps... throw moar dotz... mad deeps.

Sprinkle with ram.

12 hours ago, DHP said:

Its a very good tank I must admit.... my crew is trash though at the moment but this will make the crew grinding enjoyable!

Sign in to follow this