Vindi

Rear Turret Soviet Heavy Branch will come to Supertest

53 posts in this topic

Wargaming just announced a brand new rear turret branch is coming to Supertest with three new vehicles: IS-M, Object 705 and Object 705A.

First one is tier 8:

48e873351409e2906ef3f9001d0a2100.png?res

Personally I'm intrigued to see the higher tiers...

24 minutes ago, Vesirott said:

Soviets get their own superheavy? Object 705A is 100 tonnes?

http://yuripasholok.livejournal.com/2403336.html

Shouldn't the K-91 Version 2 be the Tier 10, 152mm gun seems unbalancable

If it makes idiots grind tanks and get farmed I'm ok with it. 

If these values are to be believed:

178923_original.jpg

The tier 10 is going to be about as big as an IS-3 (with a slightly wider hull)

Considering it is supposed to weigh ~100 tons (i.e double the weight of the IS-3) only god knows how thick the armor must be to reach that kind of weight with these kinds of dimensions.

31 minutes ago, lavawing said:

Shouldn't the K-91 Version 2 be the Tier 10, 152mm gun seems unbalancable

*looks at Type5 heavy*. Yeah, about that 15+cm heavy tank gun, its not like there is a precedent. Available information says 152mm BR-2 was supposed to be close to 152mm M-31 designed for heavy SPGs. Soviet Type5.

Great, if there was one thing WoT needed, its another HE derp cannon at tier 10. 

4 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

Great, if there was one thing WoT needed, its another RUSSIAN HE derp cannon at tier 10. 

The russian one will get:

• better gun handling
  • better accuracy
  • better armour

Because russia

I dont think it will be a derp gun tbh, I feel like it will be a weird result of IS-7 and Faillöwe having fun in a bed, so expect a gun comparable to the E 100. In fact I believe it will be very comparable to the FailLöwe, 152mm gun and rear turret.

Will be kinda keks to see what kind of armor it will have, tho.

1 hour ago, GehakteMolen said:

The russian one will get:

• better gun handling
  • better accuracy
  • better armour

Because russia

but worse view range so it's balanced

ARMAHHH

OBJECT_705_www.png

If I read these values correctly:

UFP 140mm @ 60° (EFA: 244/264/280 against AP/APCR/HEAT)

LFP 140mm @ 55° (EFA: 217/232/244 against AP/APCR/HEAT)

Sidearmor 130mm @ 57° (EFA: 211/226/238 against AP/APCR/HEAT) (Hello T-22 my old friend...)

UBP: 110mm @ 55° (EFA: 171/182/191 against AP/APCR/HEAT)

LBP: 100mm @ 45° (EFA: 130/136/141 against AP/APCR/HEAT)

So mediocre frontal armor (very similar to the IS-4 in fact) meets retarded sidearmor, so you can angle your tank @45° and bounce most tier 10 standard rounds off your side/frontal armor.

Light tanks can pretty much go and reevaluate their lifedecisions when they see this thing.

10 minutes ago, Fabunil said:

ARMAHHH

OBJECT_705_www.png

If I read these values correctly:

UFP 140mm @ 60° (EFA: 244/264/280 against AP/APCR/HEAT)

LFP 140mm @ 55° (EFA: 217/232/244 against AP/APCR/HEAT)

Sidearmor 130mm @ 57° (EFA: 211/226/238 against AP/APCR/HEAT) (Hello T-22 my old friend...)

UBP: 110mm @ 55° (EFA: 171/182/191 against AP/APCR/HEAT)

LBP: 100mm @ 45° (EFA: 130/136/141 against AP/APCR/HEAT)

So mediocre frontal armor (very similar to the IS-4 in fact) meets retarded sidearmor, so you can angle your tank @45° and bounce most tier 10 standard rounds off your side/frontal armor.

Light tanks can pretty much go and reevaluate their lifedecisions when they see this thing.

And thats the tier 9, I think. The tier 10 supposely is much more heavily armored

13 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

And thats the tier 9, I think. The tier 10 supposely is much more heavily armored

You are right, according to various sources the tier 9 only weighs 65 tons too.

If they keep the armor layout the same they would have to increase the armorthickness for all armored surfaces by more than 50% to even reach 100 tons of weight which would make the front and side immune to any round in the game except maybe some T10 TD goldrounds when completly unangled.

I think even WG in their infinite wisdom would realize that it would be completly broken.

1 hour ago, Fabunil said:

If they keep the armor layout the same they would have to increase the armorthickness for all armored surfaces by more than 50% to even reach 100 tons of weight which would make the front and side immune to any round in the game except maybe some T10 TD goldrounds when completly unangled.

I think even WG in their infinite wisdom would realize that it would be completly broken.

Provided that the tank design was relatively complete, it won't be 50% even in the best scenario. If you make armour thicker, you need stronger (and more powerful) drive related components. The Chieftain, for instance, gained several tonnes just from a relatively small weight increase, because they had to redesign the suspension. I would be more inclined to believe 20-30%, with an absolute max for vertical surfaces of 40%.

11 hours ago, Fabunil said:

You mean a Maus with e100 gun and no flat/weak turret front isn't balanced?

13 hours ago, hazzgar said:

but worse view radio range so it's balanced

FTFY

11 hours ago, Ogopogo said:

Provided that the tank design was relatively complete, it won't be 50% even in the best scenario. If you make armour thicker, you need stronger (and more powerful) drive related components. The Chieftain, for instance, gained several tonnes just from a relatively small weight increase, because they had to redesign the suspension. I would be more inclined to believe 20-30%, with an absolute max for vertical surfaces of 40%.

You forget that the WG napkin drawings department do not give a shit about feasibility. Just look at the stupid anime tanks weight and armour. 

T-22 side armor is broken comrades! Send it to the uranium gulags!

*years later*

T-22 reappears "thicc"er than before.

2 hours ago, Fulcrous said:

T-22 side armor is broken comrades! Send it to the uranium gulags!

*years later*

T-22 reappears "thicc"er than before.

inb4 T-22 buffs. :serb:

Now the fun question is whether or not WG has learned anything and give these napkin abominations some frontal weakspots. Probably not... :serb:

17 minutes ago, Mikosah said:

Now the fun question is whether or not WG has learned anything and give these napkin abominations some frontal weakspots. Probably not... :serb:

250mm weakspots

8 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

You forget that the WG napkin drawings department do not give a shit about feasibility. Just look at the stupid anime tanks weight and armour. 

That's why I said, "provided the design was relatively complete", which is pretty much the opposite of the Japanese heavies. If it is simply a picture they are going by (with no numerical details) then yes, it's going to be a shitshow. If it's a schematic of some sort, there are few tanks which deviate far from their original armour.

6 hours ago, Ogopogo said:

That's why I said, "provided the design was relatively complete", which is pretty much the opposite of the Japanese heavies. If it is simply a picture they are going by (with no numerical details) then yes, it's going to be a shitshow. If it's a schematic of some sort, there are few tanks which deviate far from their original armour.

I'm not too sure the drawings will have information on any suspension and drive components so it will probably be at WG's discretion, something i do not trust. Then again, they could just do what they did with the 268 v4 or whatever and give it a stupid 2500hp engine @ 100 tonnes.

This is all inference though so take it with a grain of salt.