sundanceHelix

Dec 2017 Meta questions?

10 posts in this topic

Taking recommendations for tank lines to focus on - sorry I have to ask because I have not played/kept up to date for almost 1.5 years. Just started over last couple of weeks.

Mediums/Heaviums
I have BC25t and 140. Also have Skoda T50 moving towards TVP. 
Since medium/heavium is king (I think) what other lines do you find worth getting? I am currently at Tier 6--8 on the STB, Patton, E50 and T-34-1 lines. 
Are the 113 and 121 viable post-buffs?
I have unlocked IS7 for ages but won't play it because of the gun.
E100 I have, but not Maus (can't stand the speed).
How about Kranvagn? I'm currently at 50 100 as well and intend to get 50B and T57Heavy.

If you had to choose only one other MT or heavy line to recommend, which would it be?

TDs
A number of EU streamers like the Brit turreted TD line post-buff - your opinion? Also considering going up the T30 line because, well, turret.

LTs
Personally I enjoy playing fast tanks - so, mediums and lights - I hear the French LT line is strong. I am also at 13 90, T49 and T54LW on the other lines. Are LTs at Tier 10 relevant to being influential across games? I suppose MTs are still preferable in general?

Arty
(haha jk I have enough cancer in my RL thank you v much)

Heavies:

IS7 got a gun handling and hp buff. It is a buy now. You still have to shoot gold because of the meta. (there are no weakspots anymore) 

If you want a chinese heavy you should go for the WZ1111115A first. It is better. 

Also super conq is hulldown god, but a bit slow. 

On the autoloader front imho the T57 is the best if you are not a superuni. 

Mediums:

Patton got a turet armor buff and the coupola was downsized massively. 

E50M is good, stb is ok. 

Ligths

The tier 10 lights are basically tier 9 meds with better camo so fuck that. 

TDs:

Go play something else.

7 minutes ago, TAdoo87 said:

TDs:

Go play something else. 

Chin TDs are gud though, just extremely boring to play, and with a skill ceiling next to the floor.

Bearing in mind this is a gold dominated corridor meta, IMO the benchmark for a good tank is: how good is your armour against gold, and how good your gun is spamming gold. So if your tank has zero resistance to gold rounds, and your gun cannot damage superheavies even when spamming gold, your tank is probably shit in the meta.

Tldr: if you don't want to be broke with premium account, play Swede TDs.

I was also out for more than 6 months, and the mediums were going out of meta almost 1.5 years ago. now even the heavies nobody played (Japs) or everybody laughed at (Maus) are OP...Even the brits finally got a good one (Super Conq-sry 215B lovers, but that tank was for masochists, at least before the arty nerf)

does somebody have an suggestion for a Soviet heavy? I have a spare 3 skill crew (from my ISU which I sold after the recent nerf), and i already have:

T-150

IS-3

T-10

I am looking for a tank that fits the meta, and is fun to play. any tier suggestion, I am actually not looking for a tier X. How is the IS-7/4 feel like right now? I kinda like my broken box tanks like the Maus or Type 5, so not sure if the ruskies have anything to offer top tier.  I have an E-100, 113, Kranvagn and assorted CW shit that is no fun at all in pubs.

But suggestions in range of KB-3/KB-4 or something like that would be nice. 

I also own an E-75, and from tier VIII there are the WZ-111 and Patriot, so not sure if I need another tier 8 heavy, despite the KV-4 troll factor (I would buy VK 100.10 P for that anyway).

Tier 7 i have Tiger and T-29, so not sure if KV-3 would be worth it.

any thoughts? I am open to suggestion in buying a good med, too, but they are not the meta...and I have plenty of them...like Obj 416/T-34/T28, T-54/T62A...

IS-4 feels a like like an E-100 in regards to survival with a solid gun, I like it. IS-7 is really good in the current meta and so is the T-10.

7 minutes ago, Meirzin said:

IS-4 feels a like like an E-100 in regards to survival with a solid gun, I like it. IS-7 is really good in the current meta and so is the T-10.

IS-7 got some love recently, but how to deal with the crap pen? 

If only we could change nationality of the crews for 1000 gold a pop, i would make a new girl crew for 5 A. 130 mm boomstick is sexy with dat nice slurpy HEAT.

13 minutes ago, Felicius said:

If only we could change nationality of the crews for 1000 gold a pop, i would make a new girl crew for 5 A. 130 mm boomstick is sexy with dat nice slurpy HEAT.

For the IS-7 I load 20 APCR and 10 AP, firing mostly APCR to account for the pen. I never really have trouble penning things. 1115A is great, put a girl crew and averaged over 3600dpg my first 100 games.

2 hours ago, Felicius said:

Press 2 for superheavies, take advantage of 130mm overmatching, gun is more than accurate enough to hit weakspots, especially at the range you'd want to play the IS-7 in. 

Bring many APCRs. 

20 hours ago, Felicius said:

Tier 7 i have Tiger and T-29, so not sure if KV-3 would be worth it.

KV-3 is absolutely worth it.  It plays very differently from those two - turret is strong but not T-29LolStrong, gun has much worse handling but bigass alpha and more than enough pen for the tier, plus the fat HE alpha when you simply cannot pen.  The entire line is nearly godlike at sidescraping, so works well for corridor/corner fighting.  Big HP pool, a bit of gun depression, you can shoot down at the deck of T-29s trying to hull-down.

KV-4 seems to be a love (me)/hate (many others) sort of experience - doesn't use the same top gun as anything else in either line, but w/o that top gun it absolutely struggles, b/c the D-25T, while great at tier 7, is pretty sad at tier 8.  Slow, huge, can take stupid amounts of punishment, can ram damned near anything and survive, top gun has excellent pen and semi-reasonable dpm (emphasis on semi), but it can be frustrating, because tier 8.

ST-I is an excellent (if somewhat immobile) tank for tier 9, stronk stalinium turret with same gun as T10, but with much worse handling (very, very, very noticeable).  With the stock engine you may want to gouge your eyeballs out watching it crawl into battle.  Gets much better when fully upgraded.

I sold my IS-4 after 175 battles or so - I simply could not make it work.  But I am a crappy player, so YMMV.  I would have sold my family for better gun handling.