leggasiini

AMX 65t "appreciation" thread

79 posts in this topic

Heheey, its been years since I have made a thread here.

-------

Dear fucking god this tank is a massive piece of shit.

• hull armor, haHAAA, nope, tier 7 HTs rape it with standard ammo from any angle, even tier 6 HTs can pen it (with AP)  even tier 6 meds can just punch through it with gold...
  • gun handling is fucking terrible, 3.2 sec aim time huehuehue
  • the mobiity is a lie, it has mobility of the Liberte; hell, Liberte feels actually more mobile than this, the terrain resists must suck REALLY hard, goes like 30 on flat
  • typical Liberte's shitter cupola
  • 1450 HP sucks
  • 300 alpha is not rly that good when the GH feels like something that has 400 alpha

Funnily enough the stock turret seems to be way better than top one. The top turret cupola is Foch levels of huge, it has only -8 depression, less elevation, quite a lot higher mass (even worse mobility), and the turret is only 250 effective so tier 8 gold and tier 9/10 standard ammo can actually pen the turret, and its huge. For that it has more HP, bit better DPM, better aim time (still fucking bad), and 10m more view range. Oh and it can mount 120 mil tho I am uncertain of using that because that just means playing 50k XP more with this and it no longer has that BS 325 pen APCR. At least stock turret has very nice armor when hull down unless they shoot your cupola (but its not huge like top turret), and is a much smaller target, and has -10 depression.

Small sample size (7 battles), but my DPG is only 1400, which is 350-600 (700 lower than the O-Ho) lower than my other tier 8 HTs... and Im afraid that RNG has actually FAVORED me (I hit utterly retarded snapshots and got top tier 3-5-7 3 times, only 1-2 tier 10 games). My M4 45 has almost the same DPG and we all know how great that thing is.

Dear fucking god, did we really need a literal HT version of TVP VTU?

5 minutes ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

you have a serious problem with playing shit tonks:bigdoge:

Do I? :nanoserb:

I just want the tier 10, it seems fun w/ big gun

4 hours ago, leggasiini said:

Heheey, its been years since I have made a thread here.

-------

Dear fucking god this tank is a massive piece of shit.

• hull armor, haHAAA, nope, tier 7 HTs rape it with standard ammo from any angle, even tier 6 HTs can pen it (with AP)  even tier 6 meds can just punch through it with gold...
  • gun handling is fucking terrible, 3.2 sec aim time huehuehue
  • the mobiity is a lie, it has mobility of the Liberte; hell, Liberte feels actually more mobile than this, the terrain resists must suck REALLY hard, goes like 30 on flat
  • typical Liberte's shitter cupola
  • 1450 HP sucks
  • 300 alpha is not rly that good when the GH feels like something that has 400 alpha

Funnily enough the stock turret seems to be way better than top one. The top turret cupola is Foch levels of huge, it has only -8 depression, less elevation, quite a lot higher mass (even worse mobility), and the turret is only 250 effective so tier 8 gold and tier 9/10 standard ammo can actually pen the turret, and its huge. For that it has more HP, bit better DPM, better aim time (still fucking bad), and 10m more view range. Oh and it can mount 120 mil tho I am uncertain of using that because that just means playing 50k XP more with this and it no longer has that BS 325 pen APCR. At least stock turret has very nice armor when hull down unless they shoot your cupola (but its not huge like top turret), and is a much smaller target, and has -10 depression.

Small sample size (7 battles), but my DPG is only 1400, which is 350-600 (700 lower than the O-Ho) lower than my other tier 8 HTs... and Im afraid that RNG has actually FAVORED me (I hit utterly retarded snapshots and got top tier 3-5-7 3 times, only 1-2 tier 10 games). My M4 45 has almost the same DPG and we all know how great that thing is.

Dear fucking god, did we really need a literal HT version of TVP VTU?

Have you tried reverse sidescraping? The mediocre gun + shit armour + mammoth profile + terrain resistances looks like a real horror to me. Contemplating free EXPing this thing.

1 hour ago, lavawing said:

Have you tried reverse sidescraping? The mediocre gun + shit armour + mammoth profile + terrain resistances looks like a real horror to me. Contemplating free EXPing this thing.

Could try, but ehh. The side is still just 80 so that involves having the side at autoricochet angle

I mean.. Are you actually giving the tank a chance by playing it stock ? Not saying it's good or anything but still.

Even the "upgrades" aren't really upgrades though. The top tracks do nothing to address your mobility problem (same terrain resistances as the stock tracks, wooo!) and the top gun has much less pen (both AP and gold) than the second gun.

I could care less if the armor/gun is sub-par, but when you can't move much faster than a Maus...

Granted, I'm coming off a 2-month hiatus, but I can' figure out how to play this thing. It has zero strengths besides tolerable pen (2nd gun) and the turret armor (which you can't really use anyway). I'm at a loss as to how to play this thing, it's an obvious free xp sink in a line full of subpar tanks.

1 minute ago, GehakteMolen said:

Amazing, no hull armour

So far, its crap, lets hope better crew and big engine make some difference

Even with the big engine it goes like 30 on flat most of time.

The 17hp/ton is the biggest lie ever.

Because nerfed Liberte with the best part about the tank, hull armor, entirely removed is gonna work out so well...

Tried it in all configs, the 120 + top turret is the best IMO. 100 mm is just fucking trash for that platform (Liberte has armah so it works way better there). At least with 120 you got alpha.

3 hours ago, DHP said:

I mean.. Are you actually giving the tank a chance by playing it stock ? Not saying it's good or anything but still.

I have played it now with all configs, still utter horsetrash. I would say the 120+top > 100+stock > 100+top. 120 is on top solely because of alpha being the king and lower aim time (lol).

I guess I had so far a little bit more RNG luck than leggasiini and managed to reach roughly 1,5k avg dmg per game (still awful though - just my 3rd worst T8 HT) 

The stock turret works really well if you can hide your awful hull, you can even rack up some decent blocked damage numbers. 
But yeah gun handling is the thing that is killing this tank for me - I looked it up and this tank (and the IS-3A) has the worst 
gun handling soft stats of all T8 heavies. 

The hull armor is complete trash .. everything pens you frontally and kills your driver nearly every fucking time and I made the very painful experience that
O-I HE shells can penetrate your side armor ... but atleast other AMX 65t driver made an equally painful experience after I penned their (stock turret) cupolas
with Type 5 HE shells and nearly one-shooting them in the process.

In terms of research priority I would advise stick to the 100mm gun and the stock turret, ignore the rest and rush as fast as humanly possible to the T9 tank,
which is hopefully less awful.

Tier 9 looks awesome.  4800 credits for prem ammo with, oh baby, 270 pen.  I'm pitching a tent over this one.

For some reason, the Japanese wiki has been updated with a pretty detailed guide of the tank which covers everything from armour to mobility, and the big questions about which gun and/or turret:
https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?act=url&depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ja&sp=nmt4&tl=en&u=http://wikiwiki.jp/wotanks/%3FAMX%2065%20t&usg=ALkJrhgVl6I4XnrDHO1EDBL5AFtZ10y7Jg
In short, it seems to confirm our worst suspicions. The tank is shit. Less shit with the big 120mil, no doubt, but not worth the fifty thousand or so research cost. Also, whoever wrote this seemed to suggest not installing the top turret unless you're going for the top gun since, as has already been said, the stock turret has a smaller profile and better armour.

Yeah tried it and it’s shit. But I feel like the 120 is still a definit must because, alpha (you get +100 alpha btw) and freaking 0.5s better aimtime.

Mobility is just WAY too low for the armor your have. It has 1100hp thought so where the fuck does all this weight comes from ? Also terrain resistance is just stupid and makes the 17hp/t utter trash.

If I would do anything to this tank it would be to reduce terrain resistance DRASTICALLY to actually get some mobility going. Top turret does bounces a bit thought.

I'm going to run 100+top turret and try to maximize stronkhold grinding. The stock turret gives up too much for that extra armor IMO.

Yes tank is really bad. Only part of armor that works even little  is turret when shooting downwards. And sidescraping works sometimes though even that is often fail when there is big shoulders for enemies to aim.  Fortunately t9 seems really good, watched skill4ltu stream playing it and he seems to be doing 4.1k average soo far in that.

i personally play it with stock turret + DCA 45
the average pen is still acceptable, better aim time, better dpm, can be mounted on stock turret...

Almost done a Master class with this combo... Sadly, this tank is pure Arty meat, so my master got rekt pretty badly... I've never expected to be too slow to reach a damn house on a damn city

I just feel like i'm playing a Tog II* Without HPs, without DPM, but with a somewhat troll-ish turret...
i just wont bother going for the 120, i ain't gonna play xp piniata to get 50k more xp...

i even hesitate to research the engine, considering the fact that... i'll still be way too slow

Why does WG had to do this ? After buffing so many T8 tanks because of how "bad" they were, and... adding the worst T8 HT since those last 5 years ?

Why do they had to obliterate the Anemix's ground resistances ? this is disgusting

Btw, i found one good thing about the Anemix 65t : it goes backwards rather quickly ! wow

I've got a 4.5 skill girl crew in this thing as well as vents, which reduces the accuracy to .31

The accuracy just feels like .41 because you consistently miss even fully-aimed shots. I know it's not a Patton, but neither is it going terribly fast. The shells just seem to find the outermost edges of the reticle to fly to. It's incredibly frustrating and has cost me more than one game so far.

On the other hand, the top engine and top tracks (research tracks before engine) seem to help significantly with the tank's overall handling. It's still sluggish, but I don't feel like I'm driving a Maus anymore as it'll hold 26kph on medium terrain and over 30 on hard. Not great, but better than before.

I think the 100mm + stock turret might be the best combo, but I'll give the 100mm + upgraded turret a couple games. Not going to go for the 120 because it's expensive (xp-wise) and I just want to get to the AMX M4 51.

Tier 9 is really good so far, even when stock. A gigantic improvement over probably the worst tier 8 in the entire game.

Played ten games and came here to see if I'm just playing it terribly, or if it's really as shitty as it seems. Glad to see my suspicions confirmed. Looks like it's time to break out the +200% XP boosts I've been hoarding for a rainy day.