kaneaaa

So this has caused a lot of upset on EU forum: Wg's Q & A

52 posts in this topic

my favorite part:
"Statistics show that “normal” heavies are played way more than the Japanese ones, and we understand that it is frustrating to play against them, but you have to understand as well that it is very difficult to balance them if such low amount of players play with them in the first place."

....underrepresentation in random games must mean it isn't a problem. 

BESIDES.... why bother learning weak spots if the type5 has a gun that makes the whole enemy tank a weakspot to 2-2-blap.

"oh how cute... side scraping maus... I guess I'll only hit it for 300-500 damage if I turret-deck it "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They genuinely don't play this game themselves, that was obvious during the first sandbox iteration last year.  The "community lead" dev for the english speaking forums was a career 46% with 2-3K games who empathized with why people were pissed off about Tier X meds being castrated.  

FWIW I see a metric ass-ton of Type 4 and Type 5 these days in NA randoms.  I don't know wtf they are talking about.  The point of the Types is simple, potato level shit tanks that keep pubbies alive and relevant regardless of cerebral palsey and 5 fps ping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Type 4 & 5 are the epitome of no-skill tanks.  Just drive forward, aim at the most heavily armoured part of the tank, and still do 500 damage.

Much skill.

In contrast, the Leopard "will be OP if buffed". Not with WGs current corridor maps it won't be.

Not to mention the turret bloom means good luck firing on the move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just reading though the EU posts, there's a lot of anger there, and everyone has the same very negative opinion... quite astonishing really, the Q&A was terrible PR for them...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kaneaaa said:

Just reading though the EU posts, there's a lot of anger there, and everyone has the same very negative opinion... quite astonishing really, the Q&A was terrible PR for them...

Because it's one to complain of incompetence from a company and it's something else to see it in practice. This means they don't even notice their own incompetence. Funny thing I got a stern reprimend from some feisty libertarians when I suggested every company is 80-99% incompetent people and the success only depends on how much control the competent minority has.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You all don't give WG enough credit in the brains department.

These are the people who got ya'll to buy premium-HE ffs. 10^5 IQ indeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"A lot of people say that the recently added weakspots aren’t weak, but the statistics say something else."

:MingLee:

" We think that the Types don’t break the game, becaause they’re hard to play. When a Type 5 oneshots someone, then everyone yells OP, but they don’t see the earlier misses or low rolls."

:jebaited:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We do see the earlier low rolls though. When the shot goes wide, into your tracks where it doesn't pen, and you "only" take 500 damage and lose your driver, gunner, and engine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my humble opinion (not having played in a year and a half), WoT started to go down with the introduction of the Jap heavies... if i could roll back WoT to any patch, it would be the one right before those monster were added.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Crossfader said:

In my humble opinion (not having played in a year and a half), WoT started to go down with the introduction of the Jap heavies... if i could roll back WoT to any patch, it would be the one right before those monster were added.

I'd say the 183 being added.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The bigger problem to me is that WG honestly has no idea how to run a modern business.  This is why you have a community outreach and media relations department, so you can avoid having NA say they will copyright strike youtubers or having serb saying 'how terrible' or just randomly letting a couple of code monkeys do a media event. Nobody at WG is ever on the same message, they all just randomly talk to whoever sticks a mic in their face regardless of the consequences.  Its like a bunch of little kids putting on mommy and daddys clothes and briefcase and playing business on the dining room floor.

There are two people at my company authorized to talk to the media, the President and the outreach coordinator.  If we are getting interviewed or releasing a statement, our engineers and project managers will sit down with her and prep her for the interview, she will have a script and she will not be dragged off point for anything because she is a pro.  If a little environmental consulting firm with 50 people can figure this out . . . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"We think that the Types don’t break the game, because they’re hard to play."

My sides. That whole interview made my sides RIP. Every important topic worth mentioning was answered either by autism or down syndrome. They cannot possibly be this stupid. Are they trolling us? :serb:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah, they basically consistently manage to miss the point. the weakspots aren't weak, so people load gold to go through the front. people don't complain about the gun because of one shots (though they are ridiculous), but because HE guns (especially of that size) negate any kind of armour use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed, it's the really big gun HE that's a problem, and especially the premium HE for more damage. I don't think anybody minds HE from smaller guns. Shoot HE out of a 105 to finish off a guy who's at 30 hp and not risk a bounce? Good play to you. Do 500 damage to a Scorpion G instead of 400 with your 122mm HE, maybe kill an extra module? Good play to you. But when the guns are "balanced" around the damage they do on a non-pen, you really have no way to play against it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also like how they say how Type 4/5 are "among the least played tanks".

You wot m8? I see those quite a lot on EU, and they will become only more and more common with all the armor buffs and retardely overarmored tanks. With the Badger spam going on, the best tank to deal with them is...Type 5.

Like being a derp itself wasnt bad enough, it also does way more damage with non-pens than pretty much any HT gun except the E 100. Derp (on HT like this that has armor) should do clearly lower damage with non pens than average HT alpha in the tier. I.E, Type 4/5 derp should never do more than 400 consistently (unless they get lucky), so if they really have to keep the derp, the HE alpha should be no higher than 1000. Then buff the RoF and give it low pen 750 alpha AP shell. I would preferably just fuck remove the gun, but WG won't do that so better just rework it instead. Then buff the 14 cm.

The QA was literally the most awful and retarded QA I have ever seen in my life and really gives me impression that they give absolutely zero fuck about the game anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Q: Why even bother aiming if RNG is present?
A: We think that the game wouldn’t be fun without RNG. If you aim at someone there’s an 80% chance the shell will hit where you want, and a 20% chance it will go sideways."

sure missing shots it is always fun!!!!

Q: Will the sekrit stats be available in the hangar, like ground resistance, movement bloom and so forth?
A: A typical player would get a headache seeing all of those. Those who want to see them can use external sites, and since they’re available, they’re not really secret."

Fuck off. Just fuck off.

"Q: Gold ammo changes?
A: Many players bemoan it, but we looked into the stats and saw that the difference in succesful penetrations is actually minimal. Some players want gold ammo only for gold, but that would introduce a P2W aspect."

sure because 330~203 like on the rhm big gun. And WTF?

"Q: Another arty rebalance?
A: Arty whiners are less prominent than some time ago. We won’t introduce a one arty per battle limit, because we don’t think arta is a problem.

Q: XVM though?
A: The opinions are mixed, so it’s really hard to do anything. One could compare it to arty – some think it’s cancer, some just love it."

What? What are you smoking dude?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Type5 has weakspots on the side and rear. We know you cant flank on every map but have an example of 1 out of 3 maps (the other 2 are same map with the different name) where you can. Sand river! Ha! Clearly not a corridor game!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a shame because none of these guys play the game to understand its problens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Fulcrous said:

It's a shame because none of these guys play the game to understand its problens

It's because they dont want to understand them. Playing their own game / listening to the opinions of the better players would mean they eventually have to restructure the entire platform regarding to ammo types, penetration and armor mechanics and they don't want that. They carefully avoiding to let other opinions to be heard too (supertest) as they use very "bad" or bot like players to test out new tanks (eg. when tier 10 grille was implemented) thus they don't have to change them neither.

Basically the game went into the downward spiral say, 2 years ago.

If I could make a prediction I would say 1 year from now there will be 2x more heavily armored tanks and an equal number of HE depr guns to make them invalid.

As Cra said above, the best players were already left the game or not playing seriously, and the game has started to die off.

As per my opinion, participating in the current clanwars is enjoyable, but only because of the "old" teamplay experience which can't be found in randoms anymore, as you have to carry every game like it was 0:5 from the very beginning.

I "left" the game as a second choice after FPS / TPS shooters but honestly, the time worth more to go out and have a run or just built your irl life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, leggasiini said:

Like being a derp itself wasnt bad enough, it also does way more damage with non-pens than pretty much any HT gun except the E 100. Derp (on HT like this that has armor) should do clearly lower damage with non pens than average HT alpha in the tier. I.E, Type 4/5 derp should never do more than 400 consistently (unless they get lucky), so if they really have to keep the derp, the HE alpha should be no higher than 1000. Then buff the RoF and give it low pen 750 alpha AP shell. I would preferably just fuck remove the gun, but WG won't do that so better just rework it instead. Then buff the 14 cm.

This is really the only problem with the Type 5. It is not really OP, but the fact that with gold HE ammo it can do 500-600 damage consistently is what makes it a problem. If it didn't have the gold shell, you're only doing 300-400 damage on average per shot, which at that reload, would be abysmal when pretty much every other heavy in the game can simply load gold and go through the front twice for every time you reload. You can still get 500-600 damage if you know how to aim, which does actually take skill to get 'maximum value' out of your HE shell.

I agree what they should have done is kept it as just standard HE, with a weakish AP round, and then buff the 14cm considerably to make it viable as an alternative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Balthazars said:

This is really the only problem with the Type 5. It is not really OP, but the fact that with gold HE ammo it can do 500-600 damage consistently is what makes it a problem. If it didn't have the gold shell, you're only doing 300-400 damage on average per shot, which at that reload, would be abysmal when pretty much every other heavy in the game can simply load gold and go through the front twice for every time you reload. You can still get 500-600 damage if you know how to aim, which does actually take skill to get 'maximum value' out of your HE shell.

I agree what they should have done is kept it as just standard HE, with a weakish AP round, and then buff the 14cm considerably to make it viable as an alternative.

It still overperforms, I can definitely feel it when playing it and the statistics also show it. It has still very high winratio despite its played often by braindead retards, and the WR curves show overperformance. It is made even worse by the fact that on tier 10 average WR curve should be actually slightly below the reference curve until high skill levels because on average most players WILL lose more on tier 10 than on average.

That being said, removing the gold HE and reducing HE alpha to 950-1000 and then buffing RoF and giving it low-pen AP round should do the trick in that regard. And ofc buff the 14 cm. However, the armor layout is still broken, because it is immune to standard ammo. I would buff the mantlet armor to the point even HEAT won't go through, make the cupola smaller but nerf the armor slightly on it, remove the hull cheeks, make the upper front 300 mm thick, make the lower front weaker (235 - 240 effective), and nerf the side armor to 140 mm. Now there is areas that you just cant gold spam through, but on other hand it has weakspots now and side armor is worse so it is more vulnerable to flanking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like how the dev that comments there basically said "yeah sometimes you get a map where you are useless and that's ok. you should be able to rotate between maps that give you a huge advantage and then punch you in the dick"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WG's mantle of retardness knows no weakspots

42 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

That being said, removing the gold HE and reducing HE alpha to 950-1000 and then buffing RoF and giving it low-pen AP round should do the trick in that regard. And ofc buff the 14 cm. However, the armor layout is still broken, because it is immune to standard ammo. I would buff the mantlet armor to the point even HEAT won't go through, make the cupola smaller but nerf the armor slightly on it, remove the hull cheeks, make the upper front 300 mm thick, make the lower front weaker (235 - 240 effective), and nerf the side armor to 140 mm. Now there is areas that you just cant gold spam through, but on other hand it has weakspots now and side armor is worse so it is more vulnerable to flanking.

Tell you what we should do: turn Type 5 line into super-heaviums like the old O-I EXP, i.e.give the tier 10 230 mms of effective armour that is completely flat, but cut its weight in half. Keep the engine. Make it go 40. Keep the 14 cm gun. Add a 12 cm option that fires APCR as standard and gold AP. Give it 2.5 k HP and call it a day. 

(Wargaming really should hire me)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.