Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hazzgar

Badger Badger Badger

35 posts in this topic

So no Badger topic? The tank seems slightly too strong but not as broken op like some morons claim. Give it jpze100 cupola or 2 deg less gun dep and it's balanced imho. 

I was lucky to ace it in 3rd game with 9k combined.

Perhaps it is just that I'm really bad at fighting it, I was on my jagdtiger and the Badger just straight went through my UFP like it was nothing, I shoot at it at the cupula cheeks and it bounced, I remembered someone said the armor was incredibly tough so I switched to APCR and shoot again to the cheek (now that I looked at the tanksgg model I probs hit just slightly above it) and pierced it, I took shots back of course, I shoot again and it bounced on the cheek, tried shooting again where it penned and it bounced, then pum, I got killed from penning shots on my structure.

so yup... The thing it's kinda hard to crack if the LFP is hidden... not to mention the beast has extreme accuracy, good DPM and pretty dank penetration, if the premium round had more power... well.........

Then again, I'm pretty bad at the game, so there's a huge chance I just screwed shit up :D

1 hour ago, Star_Dust said:

Perhaps it is just that I'm really bad at fighting it, I was on my jagdtiger and the Badger just straight went through my UFP like it was nothing, I shoot at it at the cupula cheeks and it bounced, I remembered someone said the armor was incredibly tough so I switched to APCR and shoot again to the cheek (now that I looked at the tanksgg model I probs hit just slightly above it) and pierced it, I took shots back of course, I shoot again and it bounced on the cheek, tried shooting again where it penned and it bounced, then pum, I got killed from penning shots on my structure.

so yup... The thing it's kinda hard to crack if the LFP is hidden... not to mention the beast has extreme accuracy, good DPM and pretty dank penetration, if the premium round had more power... well.........

Then again, I'm pretty bad at the game, so there's a huge chance I just screwed shit up :D

The UFP is about 320 effective against AP when using the full 10 degrees of gun depression. Only 420 HEAT can reliably pen it then.

This tank is dumb. And can be fun when theres no arty and people want to drive in front of you

It's not a fun tank to play against, the armor + dpm combination means it can really lock down a lane if it can hide its small LFP.

I know, I know, I should flank it. :serb::serb::serb: 

My one battle in it was Steppes, Encounter, single tier, no arty, south spawn...  I went west and played hulldown shenanigans... This tank is hilarious.

Currently 20/30/10 for ammo, thinking on swapping to 10/30/20, as the AP seems not great? And, of course, thanks to my 215b and SConq, I already have an unhealthy addiction to UK APCR.

I have no issues fighting it all, sligthest bit of elevation and HEAT just destroys the entire tank 

14 hours ago, Kolni said:

I have no issues fighting it all, sligthest bit of elevation and HEAT just destroys the entire tank 

This has exactly been my experience and since the alpha is not super high meeting one in a strange position isn't as painful as an e3/t95. Yeah they are good but situational though I am afraid they will screw up CW and I'm happy I'm not playing in armor creep meta.

5 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

This has exactly been my experience and since the alpha is not super high meeting one in a strange position isn't as painful as an e3/t95. Yeah they are good but situational though I am afraid they will screw up CW and I'm happy I'm not playing in armor creep meta.

Haven't seen many used in CW yet and those that were used, didn't have a great effect. TDs are generally used to punish someone hard for poking or punishing an assault along a lane with little to no cover. In the first case, the Badger just fails to deliver and in the second case, a smart enemy is avoiding a long lane of attack or finds a way to cover the distance quick in which case the Badger does better, but still fails, because it relies on the enemy having a prolonged exposure. Once you entangled a Badger in CQC, it's game over, like with almost every TD.

In an assault role the lower plate is a tremendous liability, which, combined with the comparatively low hitpoints and speed, makes it inferior to most heavies and pretty much all mediums. About it's abilities in CQC, we do not really need to talk, I think.

I don't see it having a large impact on CW in general. Peak-damage is really important for the most part and if you want DPM over alpha, you will almost always want the platform to be highly mobile.

48 minutes ago, Madner Kami said:

Haven't seen many used in CW yet and those that were used, didn't have a great effect. TDs are generally used to punish someone hard for poking or punishing an assault along a lane with little to no cover. In the first case, the Badger just fails to deliver and in the second case, a smart enemy is avoiding a long lane of attack or finds a way to cover the distance quick in which case the Badger does better, but still fails, because it relies on the enemy having a prolonged exposure. Once you entangled a Badger in CQC, it's game over, like with almost every TD.

In an assault role the lower plate is a tremendous liability, which, combined with the comparatively low hitpoints and speed, makes it inferior to most heavies and pretty much all mediums. About it's abilities in CQC, we do not really need to talk, I think.

I don't see it having a large impact on CW in general. Peak-damage is really important for the most part and if you want DPM over alpha, you will almost always want the platform to be highly mobile.

I see it in those campy turtle defense strategies. Fjords camp for example. Yeah it sucks for pushing and other styles but for locking down lanes in very defensive strategies 3 badgers might work good. Especially since most popular CW tanks can't pen it reliably.

1 hour ago, hazzgar said:

I see it in those campy turtle defense strategies. Fjords camp for example. Yeah it sucks for pushing and other styles but for locking down lanes in very defensive strategies 3 badgers might work good. Especially since most popular CW tanks can't pen it reliably.

Mostly, I've been seeing it used in place of or a long with a Strv103b.

Jesus I hate playing it though. Somehow the Lfp seems much bigger than it is and this tank cant be agressive.

Kill me. I'm trying to make it work but my dpg dropped by a 1000 to 2200 so basically less than my type4 and I grined that stock. Jesus I hate playing this.

i put my new female crew in caern first (tro try out 3100 dpm on t8) and wanted to put it in badger later, but i guess i will wait a bit with that :P

I don't own one and never will, but my impression is that

Badger parked in OP kemping spot = OP

Badger moving forward = not very OP

10 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

i put my new female crew in caern first (tro try out 3100 dpm on t8) and wanted to put it in badger later, but i guess i will wait a bit with that :P

Do you like moving forward? If yes don't get the badger. The tank is absolutely amazing when the enemies feed you and can turn battles where you are 3-4 tanks down into wins alone so it gives enemies the feeling of OP but try to be agressive and you are useless. It doesn't work as an assault gun like the e3 or t95. 

I will drag my DPG up but to be honest I would rather be driving my STRV which does basically the same with better mobility and pen. I was just to agressive after finally getting my 110 playstyle dialed and getting a nice 30 game run of high dpg games

14 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

I don't own one and never will, but my impression is that

Badger parked in OP kemping spot = OP

Badger moving forward = not very OP

Which is kinda funny, because it still doesn't really fit the theme of the line in regards to tier 4-9 being assault tanks with the changes, while the Badger isn't that good at advancing.

Trying to imagine what this thing would be like if it had ROFLOL fuck you APCR pen like the Long 128mm German TDs have.

Tank is dumb.

Not that enjoyable to play with or against to be honest. 

had one example fight that just showed how retarded the tier 10 meta has become at times, we had two Badgers, one IS7, one Conqueror, they had two Badgers, one Super Conqueror and one Patton, all fighting over the ridges on the east side of Live Oaks.

Basically everyone ended up spamming HE at each other. Much fun. 

And yeh it's poor at pushing, it's like the Super Conqueror, once that lower plate is out, it seems everyone can hit and pen you with ease. 

The main problem I have found with this tank is itself, other Badgers will go where you go and your are just basically hoping then that your team does something there team doesn't, like get a flank on or arty screws them more than their arty screws you.  Hopefully when people get bored of it it might be more fun because it will play against a greater variety of tanks. 

1 hour ago, tajj7 said:

Tank is dumb.

Not that enjoyable to play with or against to be honest. 

had one example fight that just showed how retarded the tier 10 meta has become at times, we had two Badgers, one IS7, one Conqueror, they had two Badgers, one Super Conqueror and one Patton, all fighting over the ridges on the east side of Live Oaks.

Basically everyone ended up spamming HE at each other. Much fun. 

And yeh it's poor at pushing, it's like the Super Conqueror, once that lower plate is out, it seems everyone can hit and pen you with ease. 

The main problem I have found with this tank is itself, other Badgers will go where you go and your are just basically hoping then that your team does something there team doesn't, like get a flank on or arty screws them more than their arty screws you.  Hopefully when people get bored of it it might be more fun because it will play against a greater variety of tanks. 

Exactly this though Sconq at least gets a turret which gives it some pushing ability. Sconq despite massive DPG differences plays a bit like a Lowe. 

This can't push at all. When I get agressive I get sub 3k dmg. When I kemp and wait for the enemy to feed me I do 5-9k. 

On 12/19/2017 at 2:43 PM, hazzgar said:

Exactly this though Sconq at least gets a turret which gives it some pushing ability. Sconq despite massive DPG differences plays a bit like a Lowe. 

This can't push at all. When I get agressive I get sub 3k dmg. When I kemp and wait for the enemy to feed me I do 5-9k. 

What if the enemy never feeds you? I keep having this problem with slower TDs. Every time I try to kemp it's either 15-2 or 2-15 >:O

19 hours ago, kariverson said:

What if the enemy never feeds you? I keep having this problem with slower TDs. Every time I try to kemp it's either 15-2 or 2-15 >:O

Then you are foced to push in a TD that sucks at pushing since your alpha is low and your weakspot is obvious and visible when pushing. It's a bad tank for being agressive

Though some people will be more positive. I hate this tank. To me it's a slow, gimped strv-b 

On 12/21/2017 at 10:53 AM, hazzgar said:

Then you are foced to push in a TD that sucks at pushing since your alpha is low and your weakspot is obvious and visible when pushing. It's a bad tank for being agressive

Though some people will be more positive. I hate this tank. To me it's a slow, gimped strv-b 

It's not fast enough to reposition quickly, doesn't have good camo to avoid being spotted, noit high enough alpha to really really be effective on that alone, and poor armour to push a line. Any of those things would be enough to make it a decent tank.

It's basically a brick that can be easily spotted, that excels in staying hull down and letting enemies advance upon you. And it's armour isn't even thick enough to be outright immune when hulldown at that. There's nothing that it does better which makes it a better choice than the Sconq outside of people feeding you. 

1 hour ago, Ogopogo said:

It's not fast enough to reposition quickly, doesn't have good camo to avoid being spotted, noit high enough alpha to really really be effective on that alone, and poor armour to push a line. Any of those things would be enough to make it a decent tank.

It's basically a brick that can be easily spotted, that excels in staying hull down and letting enemies advance upon you. And it's armour isn't even thick enough to be outright immune when hulldown at that. There's nothing that it does better which makes it a better choice than the Sconq outside of people feeding you. 

Don't get me wrong. This tank is better than decent. It's above average at worst. it's just boring and bad for the game since it's made to slow down games. It's nothing more than a slowish mobile bunker. It's also boring to play. I agree on the Sconq comment though. It's just easier to put that DPM to use if you have a turret.

Also you are wrong about it's armor - unless enemies get above you only some tier10 td's can pen you with gold. Only t95 and e3 get more armor an t95 has weakspots on top. 

Would you recommend going full camo crew skills on this? If given a choice would would go full repairs first or camo?

2 hours ago, kaneaaa said:

Would you recommend going full camo crew skills on this? If given a choice would would go full repairs first or camo?

I don’t have a Badger, but IMHO playing an armored casemate TD without full repairs is a horrible idea. I’d definitely go with repairs. Otherwise, you’ll get permatracked every time you try to push a corner. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0