Sign in to follow this  
hazzgar

Badger Badger Badger

35 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, monjardin said:

I don’t have a Badger, but IMHO playing an armored casemate TD without full repairs is a horrible idea. Id definitely go with repairs. Otherwise, you’ll get permatracked every time you try to push a corner. 

Thanks... I'll do that!

Repairs first. I started with camo simply because it needs an extra crewmember over the 183 and I only had some shit 83% camo crew on my charioter an it was pain

3 games in and so far feels like a straight downgrade from the Tortoise.
Where in the actual fuck are the 2 main selling points of this thing, mainly the armor & DPM?!
So far I get penned much easier than in the Tortoise and the DPM feels... weak, mostly due to the relatively long reload.

18 hours ago, Fedaykin89 said:

3 games in and so far feels like a straight downgrade from the Tortoise.
Where in the actual fuck are the 2 main selling points of this thing, mainly the armor & DPM?!
So far I get penned much easier than in the Tortoise and the DPM feels... weak, mostly due to the relatively long reload.

You shouldn't get penned easier as long as you don't advance. Tortoise has no weak LFP so the armor on the tort works the same no matter what you do. Badger works like a dream when you hide the lfp and is total garbage when you don't. Badger is a purely defensive tank. 

I also agree that the reload is in this strange place of being slightly to slow to permatrack everything and shoot before people use a kit and being long but being high alpha. 

On 1/15/2018 at 3:56 PM, hazzgar said:

You shouldn't get penned easier as long as you don't advance. Tortoise has no weak LFP so the armor on the tort works the same no matter what you do. Badger works like a dream when you hide the lfp and is total garbage when you don't. Badger is a purely defensive tank. 

I also agree that the reload is in this strange place of being slightly to slow to permatrack everything and shoot before people use a kit and being long but being high alpha. 

Which means it can only camp. Which means it sucks incredibly big balls.

Why the fuck didn't I sold it the moment WG removed the FV183 from the tech tree?!

Over 10 games in and I can't do anything in this thing. It's just one big useless lump of metal. And people were hyping the fuck out of it, holy shit.
Tortoise is infintely better than this turd.

2 hours ago, Fedaykin89 said:

Which means it can only camp. Which means it sucks incredibly big balls.

Why the fuck didn't I sold it the moment WG removed the FV183 from the tech tree?!

Over 10 games in and I can't do anything in this thing. It's just one big useless lump of metal. And people were hyping the fuck out of it, holy shit.
Tortoise is infintely better than this turd.

People were also claiming Foch B was op. The same people claim t95 and VK1001p are balanced. Don't listen to pubbies. 

The reality pubbies live in sounds nice. They seem to only get prok when they are in their box tanks, hence think they are shit, and lights are op. I'd like to live there.

5 hours ago, hazzgar said:

People were also claiming Foch B was op. The same people claim t95 and VK1001p are balanced. Don't listen to pubbies. 

Well, at the very least the Foch B is far superior to the Foch 155 - especially in in 3-5-7 MM you can actually feel that you can bully the shit out of lower tiers, compared to the old Foch which is simply a chore to play.

As for the Badger, it's simply mind-numbing how vulnerable it feels to the Tortoise, except of course when you get to facehug stuff because insane casemate superstructure is insane.
Even though the Tortoise has a MUCH bigger profile (especially from the sides) and is considerably less mobile, I didn't have many qualms (not too often anyhow) to make a push and be a decisive factor in a battle - most of the times I could force the enemy team to react to me, instead of the other way around with the Badger.

As a side note, goddamn is this thing expensive to run, even without premium food!

11 hours ago, Fedaykin89 said:

Well, at the very least the Foch B is far superior to the Foch 155 - especially in in 3-5-7 MM you can actually feel that you can bully the shit out of lower tiers, compared to the old Foch which is simply a chore to play.

As for the Badger, it's simply mind-numbing how vulnerable it feels to the Tortoise, except of course when you get to facehug stuff because insane casemate superstructure is insane.
Even though the Tortoise has a MUCH bigger profile (especially from the sides) and is considerably less mobile, I didn't have many qualms (not too often anyhow) to make a push and be a decisive factor in a battle - most of the times I could force the enemy team to react to me, instead of the other way around with the Badger.

As a side note, goddamn is this thing expensive to run, even without premium food!

Naaah. Badger is a waaay better TD than the Foch B. I used the Foch because everyone cried it would be OP and now no one plays it. 

Also how is the Badger expensive when it requires less prem spam than Foch?

5 hours ago, hazzgar said:

Naaah. Badger is a waaay better TD than the Foch B. I used the Foch because everyone cried it would be OP and now no one plays it. 

Also how is the Badger expensive when it requires less prem spam than Foch?

I don't really spam prem in my Foch B (then again, I'm nowhere near playing the damn thing to a "good" level), but I'm noticing near-constant -20k/-30k (non-premium account) games in the Badger.
Also, I wasn't making a comparison to the Foch, just that the Badger feels expensive in general (running all 3 consumables in their premium version); going to have to run those numbers with actual attention to them, of course - what I'm saying is just by gut feeling and how quickly I ran out of credits playing it.

Sign in to follow this