kaneaaa

Soo... who got a Type 59 this Xmas? :)

98 posts in this topic

Good news guys! I'm now at the acceptance stage of not getting a Type 59. I went through confusion and anger stages the last couple of days. It's all looking up now and the sun will rise again tomorrow :)

Also, I guess I must have gotten some tier 8 premium that I already had (probably the T26E5) because my haul for 100 boxes was about 57k gold.

I did around 50 boxes and got 17k gold and the premium pz b2 and that was it 

I was weak, and bought two 75 packs.

Each batch was roughly 30-35k gold, 4-5M silver, ~1mo premium and repeated tier IV prems (Sentinel, T28 F30, Pz B2)
No Type 59 or any other tier VIII, except for a single Lorraine

Even as I am definitely salty over not getting a Type, I am satisfied with the value for money. Maybe not like omg-deal-of-the-century, but still rather nice. Plus its nice to have the Christmas tree insta-maxed and get the four girls etc. (as I wont be playing nearly enough through the holidays to do it via grind).

Also, a 75 pack yields more than enough decorations to max out the relevant collection, and get the Christmas joke-camo for it (you do have to shred the excess decorations and use the bits to craft missing pieces, but there is more than enough to do so)

I had exactly the situation of the OP.  In 75 boxes got around 36k gold, 2.4m credits 40 days or so premium time.  I also got the T26E5 twice and a Skorp G. Only noticed half an hour later that one of the E5 had been replaced by the Type 59.  Damn happy with all that TBH.

10 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

had been replaced by the Type 59

They likely use the same algorythm as in WoWS but didn't manage to get it displayed correctly in all cases.

They way it went in WoWS was that, if you rolled a ship that you already had in your garage, you would get the "next" ship on a list (unless you also had that then you would get the next one after that and so on and so forth).

Sooo, it could very well be that the Type 59 is the "last" tank on that list and thus only people that already have all the other prem tanks, that the boxes can drop, get it (it was like that with the Type 59 equivalent in WoWS - the Gremaschchy).

Just now, Jaegaer said:

They likely use the same algorythm as in WoWS but didn't manage to get it displayed correctly in all cases.

They way it went in WoWS was that, if you rolled a tank that you already have in your garage, you would get the "next" tank on a list (unless you also had that tank then you would get the next one after that and so on and so forth).

Sooo, it could very well be that the Type 59 is the "last" tank on that list and thus only people that already have all the other prem tanks that the boxes can drop get it (it was like that with the Type 59 equivalent in WoWS - the Gremaschchy).

This is how it works. People who got all the three tanks but not the type 59 were guaranteed to get a type59 no matter what if they got a t8 premium drop.

17 hours ago, monjardin said:

They are spreading rumors on the official forum that WG dialed down the rate of tier 8 awards after the first day. What does your anecdotal experience show as far as the payout from early Friday vs Saturday night?

Usually people don't parade the fact that they got nothing special after gambeling their money away so you end up with an overproportional amount of people on the forums who got "lucky" compared to what their chances are/were.

As a result other people who buy their gifts after seeing those lucky peoples results may end up feeling cheated when their results don't line up with their perceived chances and you end up with those baseless rumors spreaded by the kind of people who also believe that the MM/RNG disproportionally affects them too.

31 minutes ago, Jaegaer said:

They way it went in WoWS was that, if you rolled a ship that you already had in your garage, you would get the "next" ship on a list (unless you also had that then you would get the next one after that and so on and so forth).

Sooo, it could very well be that the Type 59 is the "last" tank on that list and thus only people that already have all the other prem tanks, that the boxes can drop, get it (it was like that with the Type 59 equivalent in WoWS - the Gremaschchy).

That makes sense. I think I drew the Lorraine 40t twice from my 75 boxes. The second time it showed Type 59 if you hovered over the reward even though there was a huge picture of a Lorraine. I already have a Skorpion G and Patriot (but not the regular T26E5).

I couldn't help it. I bought a second set of 75 boxes. Here's the haul:

• 49,250 gold
  • 48 days of premium
  • 2,900,000 credits
  • 12 garage slots
  • 12 inscriptions

As best I can tell, I got gold value/garage slots for 11 tier 4 tanks and 1 tier 8. The tier 8 gold value was 10,900. That's a Skorpion G. Per @Jaegaer, I probably would have pulled a Type 59 in its place if I didn't already have one.

PS - WTF am I supposed to do with 44 empty garage slots?

30 minutes ago, monjardin said:

That makes sense. I think I drew the Lorraine 40t twice from my 75 boxes. The second time it showed Type 59 if you hovered over the reward even though there was a huge picture of a Lorraine. I already have a Skorpion G and Patriot (but not the regular T26E5).

Okay, that is super interesting.

I already had the Skorpion and the unskinned T26E5 from earlier, and yesterday I pulled a Lorraine.
So, if the above hypothesis is correct, whatever Tier 8 prem I might pull after this point could only turn out as a Type 59 - interesting. 

Im tempted to say "surely I will get lucky now and pull a Type, after this damn dry spell" and see what hapens - but sadly (?) my wiser side is saying "thats not how independent events work" and "the universe doesn't care if you were unlucky before"

So 75 Soviet boxes looked like this (Google Docs sheet).  The box with 10950 gold was, I suspect, for a tank I already owned?  39 days of premium was a good bit more IIRC than the other set of boxes I bought.

6 hours ago, Tanager said:

The box with 10950 gold was, I suspect, for a tank I already owned?

10,950 gold minus the standard 250 payout is 10,700. That's the value of a Lorraine 40t.

Am I only one who feels guilty at spending money on this game? I mean I feel bad for getting a premium account and I cant summon the  courage to buy boxes (also because I suck at lotteries).

I not saying you shouldn't because it is clearly the best buy you can get and that WG has ever offer.

Fuck fuck fuck - really??? I got two T26E5s and sold them both immediately because I already have the Patriot.  Am I to believe that one of them would have magically transformed into a Type 59?  Oh FFS I hope not . . . 

43 minutes ago, Archaic_One said:

Fuck fuck fuck - really??? I got two T26E5s and sold them both immediately because I already have the Patriot.  Am I to believe that one of them would have magically transformed into a Type 59?  Oh FFS I hope not . . . 

Wait... You got a T26E5, immediately sold it and then got another one? You would have at least gotten the full gold value instead of 50% credit value even if you didn't get a Type 59 as expected had you not sold it first. Yeah, I'd say that you fucked up.

18 minutes ago, monjardin said:

Wait... You got a T26E5, immediately sold it and then got another one? You would have at least gotten the full gold value instead of 50% credit value even if you didn't get a Type 59 as expected had you not sold it first. Yeah, I'd say that you fucked up.

Although on the plus side it makes for a funny story XD

17 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

Yeah, the tanks are on a list with the Type at the end of the list. When you roll a tier 8, it picks one randomly from the list and if you already have that tank, you get the next one on the list. It's possible that the lorraine 40t is on the list directly above the Type 59 based on what I've seen here. So if you rolled the T26E5 a second time without selling it first, you likely would have gotten the lorraine. If you already had that, you would have gotten the 59. That's assuming the scorp is first on the list, but regardless of the order, if you have the scorp, T26E5, and Lorraine 40t in your garage, you get the Type 59 when you roll a tier 8 tank. If you have all four, you get the gold value of whatever tier 8 it initially drew for you and the garage slot.

0CXGTbr.jpg

5USb7Fx.jpg

edZbuJM.jpg

Bought 75 boxes, ended up with around 40k gold, about 5 million silver, about two months premium time, the tier 4 tanks and a Hype 59. 

To be fair I already had the 3 other tanks. 

I had no Chinese tanks at all until now. After two tries (2*75) with no Type 59, I thought screw it, and bought the Chinese tier 8 prem TD, put the four Christmas girls in it. Also equipped it with the red-gold-swirly Chinese Christmas camo, it looks ridiculously awesome

I also learned that as I now have all the other possible tier 8 draws (Skorp, T26E5, Lorr), I am now "eligible" for a Type 59 pull

So now Im conflicted - I have no girls left to crew it, but it still is the legendary Type 59
Is it really that special?

Got Type 59, AC-1 (which is a complete piece of shit tank), T28E (which could be the best tank on tier 4, well balanced WG).

And no, Type 59 is not really a special tank. It's not bad and 7 degrees of gun depression allows turret abuse... but 182mm pen in current MM??? Mobility isnt great either. At least gun handling is decent.

Is it a fun tank to play? Yes it is IMHO. It's basically like a tier 8 T-55A, except worse in everything, but with 7 degrees of gun depression.

But srsly T28E is a total seal clubbing device.

I have T26E5, Skorpion G, but no Lorraine though... still got Type 59. Me thinks its completely random.

2 hours ago, Stiglic said:

So now Im conflicted - I have no girls left to crew it, but it still is the legendary Type 59
Is it really that special?

I really like the Type 59, but I personally also like the T-34-3. The Type 59 is much more comfortable to play with better gun handling and gun depression. However, it's entirely up to you whether or not it's worth blowing another $100 on top of that $200 sunk cost.

As for only getting the Type 59 if you already have the others, I'm not fully convinced that is true. I started out with a Patriot (not an unskinned T26E5) and a Skorpion G. I then pulled a Lorraine 40t twice and had the second one turn into a Type 59. Last, I got the gold value for a Skorpion G on my third tier 8 draw. I (thankfully) never did pull a T26E5. That was with 150 boxes, and it anecdotally corroborates the 2% tier 8 draw rate people have been seeing.

I like mine, it's not OP or super competitive but it's a solid tier 8 medium, to be honest the tank would still be decent with normal MM, I mean there is not that much difference between it and a first proto or something like Patton KR. 

You have some mobility (it is a bit sluggish), you have a very good turret, some bully armour for lower tiers, you can brawl, you have ok view range, and now some decent gun handling (pretty much on par with a Pershing now).

It mainly lacks DPM and pen, but 241 APCR is good enough for everything you face bar Type 4s. 

Also having that sort of turret with -7 at that tier is pretty nice. 

1 hour ago, monjardin said:

I really like the Type 59, but I personally also like the T-34-3. The Type 59 is much more comfortable to play with better gun handling and gun depression. However, it's entirely up to you whether or not it's worth blowing another $100 on top of that $200 sunk cost.

As for only getting the Type 59 if you already have the others, I'm not fully convinced that is true. I started out with a Patriot (not an unskinned T26E5) and a Skorpion G. I then pulled a Lorraine 40t twice and had the second one turn into a Type 59. Last, I got the gold value for a Skorpion G on my third tier 8 draw. I (thankfully) never did pull a T26E5. That was with 150 boxes, and it anecdotally corroborates the 2% tier 8 draw rate people have been seeing.

I wonder if they just set it up to consider the special versions of the T26E5 the same as the unskinned version to prevent people bitching about "getting a tank they already had." If that were the case, it would still hold that it's a random draw that then falls down a list (with the type last in that list) until you have all tanks, and then just the gold value of the random draw once you have them all.

Has anyone who has a skinned version of the T26E5 gotten the unskinned version from the boxes? Or better yet, has anyone with the skinned version gotten the 9700 gold value for the unskinned version?