kaneaaa

Soo... who got a Type 59 this Xmas? :)

108 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, CarbonWard said:

its pretty good now after the gun handling buff, without a doubt the best cred maker with nothing even coming close.

it makes even more credits as lowe? All i always heard were complains about it beiing a gold hungry tank, like IS6, thus limiting its income (a lot)

75+25 Boxes. Owned none of the T4s or T8s,

No Tier 8s on the first 75 but all of the T4s, each only once.

Bought the 25 near the end of the event and got only the Type.

After playing it for a bit, I actually prefer the 34-3 which I bought using the gold from the 75, but owning a Type is one off my bucket list.

8 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

it makes even more credits as lowe? All i always heard were complains about it beiing a gold hungry tank, like IS6, thus limiting its income (a lot)

181 is more than enough pen for a pref MM medium.

3 hours ago, CarbonWard said:

181 is more than enough pen for a pref MM medium.

Hmm, for T-34-3 181 is (too) often lacking, but i guess here the better gun handling really makes a difference :P

(and due to 390 alpha, im lazy and just fight heavys head on 250 HEAT is enough for anything except Type 4 and VK-B)

On 21/01/2018 at 2:05 PM, CarbonWard said:

its pretty good now after the gun handling buff, without a doubt the best cred maker with nothing even coming close.

Didn't know about the buff, haven't played in about a year.

So I never owned the Type-59 before I managed to get it in the X-mas boxes.

I had heard stories about it, when it was OP, but that it was now nerfed.

So I was not really expecting much from it, but I must say I was pleasantly surprised.

But in my mind, its not the tank that makes the Type-59, its the matchmaking that it gets.

In the current days where MM in tier 8 prems is so bad and not fun, its soooo refreshing and helps keeping your sanity to play some games in the Type-59, and heaven forbid actually having fun and making credits.

On 1/21/2018 at 9:33 PM, GehakteMolen said:

Hmm, for T-34-3 181 is (too) often lacking, but i guess here the better gun handling really makes a difference :P

(and due to 390 alpha, im lazy and just fight heavys head on 250 HEAT is enough for anything except Type 4 and VK-B)

T-34-3 is 175 btw. 

I got one.

To be honest the boxes were probably the best WOT purchases I've ever made. I bought 50 boxes (2 x 25) can't remember the cost but probably about £60 spent. 

I ended up with a Type 59, around 42k gold (I think I got at least two other tier 8 prems I already had), all the crappy tier 4 tanks they were giving out, around 3 months premium time and about 7 million credits.

The whole thing all round, the boxes, the Xmas tree thing, the decorations, the discounts and the 48% boost was a great event IMO.  I progressed on a lot of grinds, was able to grind enough credits to buy back several tier 9 tanks and new tier 9 tanks I am grinding and pretty much barely have to spend a penny on WOT for a while.

I even got some boxes in WOWs where I got some more gold, premium time and about 200k free XP I could use in WOTs to skip some tanks.

Main nitpicks are the lack of ability to open all the boxes, seeing that fancy animation like 40 times after you've played a few games is a pain and there needed to be an option to select all the decorations to break them down. 

As for the Type 59 I really like it, gun handling is decent, armour is very good for a med, specially that sort of turret with -7 depression, Mobility is ok, for a pref it's excellent and will be my go to credit grinder for solo play I reckon. Especially with the tier 8 MM as it is. 

I had abysmal run across several accounts. didn't sink my 401k into boxes but bought my fair share.

and then I see some chai/newbie/etc 10 game fresh off the email confirmation account with a type in my game. just rub it in why don't you. some people are lucky. im not.