Sign in to follow this  
hazzgar

WoT Gift Help

9 posts in this topic

My friend is want to give a WoT gift to his father. His father is not playing the game and we have no idea if he has a prem account or not so we are torn between getting 10k gold or 25 loot boxes. In your opinion which is a better investment? 

25 loot boxes are better, I think, as in general you get more than 10k gold value. But that's subjective, I got 10k gold + various stuff from mine and that was with what seemed like very mediocre rewards in each (e.g. no premium tanks).

18 minutes ago, ogremage said:

25 loot boxes are better, I think, as in general you get more than 10k gold value. But that's subjective, I got 10k gold + various stuff from mine and that was with what seemed like very mediocre rewards in each (e.g. no premium tanks).

That sounds good. I was dissapointed in mine. 500k silver, 2100 gold, AC4 for 6 boxes. Some premium too but I have a ton of it after march of nations

8 hours ago, ogremage said:

I've averaged > 10k per 25 boxes - you'll get a minimum of 6250 (250 gold/box), but likely a bit more than that.  But there is no guarantee, of course, that'll get anything other than the minimum.

The more boxes you buy, the better gold value you get for your money because the higher priced box packs are at a discounted bulk value. You can expect an absolute minimum of 250 gold per box, so you know if you buy 25 boxes you're getting at least 6250 gold.

Based off all the boxes I bought, I would say the drops are:

250 Gold - 70%

500 Gold - 20%

750 Gold - 7%

1250 Gold - 3%

There also seems to be about a 10% chance of getting one of the tier 4 prem vehicles (separate from the gold chances). Once you already have all of them, you start getting the gold value, which is 1200 gold.

I had about 2% of my rolls as a tier 8 prem but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a 1% chance. They value those at 10,700 if you already have all 4 of them.

If you definitely want 10k gold, then just buy 10k gold. Only the 75 pack pretty much guarantees you'll get a good value on gold. Plus with 75 you start to open tier 4 tanks you already have, which is an additional gold booster.

17 hours ago, nabucodonsor said:

Watch QB opening the boxes. He talks about the real money coversion to gold. It seems you get a better rate

If only for his face when he gets that american tonk.

Sign in to follow this