sr360

AMX M4 mle 1951 Appreciation thread

43 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, canadiantrex said:

Que?

Its an Super Pershing without spaced armor but a lot more raw thickness with a bit more mobility and a much stronger gun

30 minutes ago, DHP said:

This tank is amazing. It is worth every single moment of pain you get from the 65T.

Can confirm.

I average 2 k in my other 9s and 2.5 k in the Mle 51. The armour may be unreliable against high pen, but with a gun that is effectively no worse than the Conqueror's, the tank is soo gud at limiting exposure that the raw armour or lack thereof doesn't hold it back.

Also,  arty has not been as great a problem as I feared: the tank has a 40 millimeter roof for some reason; as compared to the Conq's 17.

Skipped the 65T (thanks WG for the free xp conversion bonus) and wow. this tank is fantastic. I've never owned a Conqueror, and i don't feel a need to. 

Tried the 127mm but just did not like it, 470 alpha doesn't seem worth it for the pen loss. Even running full AP far too many bounces and far too many Types and the like to deal with, DPG dropped quite a bit, as soon as a I switched to the 120mm again I started hitting the 4k games more regularly. 

Still prefer the Conqueror I think, better gun, and armour has more value against gold and tier 10s, as soon as someone gets the HEAT out you are basically armourless. But this thing is one hell of a bully when top tier, oh you are a tier 7 or 8? let me just drive at you, have fun!

Not that interested in the tier 10 atm as the armour seems basically the same and tier 10 meta sucks balls.  

So my birthday present to myself was the gold to free xp past the 65T. This feels like a really nice tank! I went for the turret first, the 65T turret was dog shit! ( feel sorry for anyone on that 65T grind). Cant wait to get tge tracks and engine. 

Recently grinded through this - grinding? ha, tank is overpowered. The combination of frontal armor and speed makes it so you can bully an absolute ton of tanks, often without taking any damage. The few tanks that can pen you you just play normally around. The gun handling really helps, it's basically a fast conqueror that doesn't get autopenned by tier 7s when not hulldown. Finished the grind in 57 games with 3955 dpg/72% wr, and that's after tilting both down a good amount. Tank is just so comfortable. Also I used the 120mm. 

The bully is real, any top tier matchup is a walk in the park:

oEevGxO.png

Like kolni mentioned, HEAT definitely does take some of the luster out of the tank, though. T10 MTs in particular are a real problem, so I just avoid them when possible.

I'm absolutely loving this also. Haven't had so much fun playing randoms in ages! This is better than many tier 10s

This is how I'm sitting on it now. 6 of those games with stock turret and still haven't unlocked the big gun yet. I don't know if I gotten lucky with MM but I usually just plow through the opposition. 

P_20180323_204608.jpg

Have played. Pressed W a lot and shit on all the lower tier tanks.

This WG balance is amazing, keep up the good work Murazor, the game is going great!