kaneaaa

Type59 constantly bursting into flames :(((

40 posts in this topic

Has this tank got the weakest engine in the world? I swear every 2nd game I get set on fire in this thing... currently not equipping fire extinguisher and running food but I think I may switch or something

Really? I've been running food without fire-fighting and hardly ever catch on fire...

7 minutes ago, monjardin said:

Really? I've been running food without fire-fighting and hardly ever catch on fire...

do you have firefighting skills on your crew. I've been shot through the front a number of times and caught fire..horrible

No. I may take fire-fighting on the 5th skill. This is a fairly new girl crew that I dropped in the T-34-3 about a month ago.

ceKGw2A.png

Are you taking a lot of hits to the sides? The fuel tanks are way more likely to catch fire than the engine.

11 minutes ago, monjardin said:

No. I may take fire-fighting on the 5th skill. This is a fairly new girl crew that I dropped in the T-34-3 about a month ago.

ceKGw2A.png

Are you taking a lot of hits to the sides? The fuel tanks are way more likely to catch fire than the engine.

I dunno whenever I engage close combat something explodes horribly..ive played a lot of meds and never had this problem, its seems something is fragile which catches fire.. 

4 minutes ago, kaneaaa said:

I dunno whenever I engage close combat something explodes horribly..ive played a lot of meds and never had this problem, its seems something is fragile which catches fire.. 

You obviously have not experienced the joy of the A-44.

Its the fuel tanks behind the LHS of the UFP.

Two shots to there and you burn. same as all of the russian tanks.

I started repairing my fuel tank with multi use repair kits at @Kolni advice. I've been getting few enough fires in my russian tanks to be able to run rations now.

In any event, there is already a Type 59 thread for asking questions like this.

34 minutes ago, kaneaaa said:

do you have firefighting skills on your crew. I've been shot through the front a number of times and caught fire..horrible

Same here. No firefighting on my 5 skill crew (well maybe 1 member). It almost never catches fire. Don't drive with your ass towards the enemy :P Seriously it's rare, you were just unlucky. Maybe to compensate for finding the type.

Strangely enough the 3 mark reqs went higher this week. Sorry to be an ass but can you convince more type players to burn? I want to 3 mark it (well maybe)

17 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

Same here. No firefighting on my 5 skill crew (well maybe 1 member). It almost never catches fire. Don't drive with your ass towards the enemy :P Seriously it's rare, you were just unlucky. Maybe to compensate for finding the type.

Strangely enough the 3 mark reqs went higher this week. Sorry to be an ass but can you convince more type players to burn? I want to 3 mark it (well maybe)

so er...just me then.... ehhh

first 10 games... 3 fires... next 10 games.. 2 more fires... yeaaaaaaahh lol

I've had to remind myself that this thing really only brawls one at a time... even pea-shooter guns penetrating will wreck the inside like a grenade went off in the crew compartment.

The only time i remember getting set on fire driving a Type 59 was when some retard in arty decided it was a good idea to shoot at a tank while i was directly in front of it for a good 30 seconds. 

9 minutes ago, kreigermann said:

first 10 games... 3 fires... next 10 games.. 2 more fires... yeaaaaaaahh lol

I've had to remind myself that this thing really only brawls one at a time... even pea-shooter guns penetrating will wreck the inside like a grenade went off in the crew compartment.

YES EXACTLY!

On the positive side though it is an excellent trainer for correcting my tilty playing habit, forcing me to actively choose good engagements. Just yoloing 6s and leaning on the strength of the tank is a good way to get embarrassed in this thing.... ammoracked,driver dead, tank hit, engine yellow Aaaaaaaaand I’m in fire GG.

I dont find it any more fire prone than any of the RU meds, ive never had an issue with it. At least no more issue than I have with the T-54/140/etc.

3 hours ago, monjardin said:

Left side, maybe? A shot from the right not ammo racking it is a miracle.

I’ll second repairing fuel tanks. I do this immediately when fuel tanks are damaged. That could be a big difference maker.

7 hours ago, monjardin said:

I’ll second repairing fuel tanks. I do this immediately when fuel tanks are damaged. That could be a big difference maker.

This is the only smart thing I've seen QB say in ages. I didn't think about it before but that's me being stupid 

33 minutes ago, kaneaaa said:

Would you run optics or vents on this?

I feel a bit better with optics now but I am a very scouting focused player so I get tons of spotting even in my heavies. 

I've not played mine in ages but I seem to recall it getting ammo racked a lot too.

you can get set on fire frontally,

But iv'e been 3 marking it in the last week and barely been set on fire.

I find the ammo rack goes fairly often though.

2 hours ago, kaneaaa said:

Would you run optics or vents on this?

Optics. View range maxes out at 439 m with vents, BIA, food and full visions skills. Optics pushes it to 472 m.

I've had 603 battles in my type 59, all without a fire extinguisher.  I can count with the fingers on one hand the number of times I've had a fire in the Type 59.

Is the type 59 competitive? So far out of all my tier 8 premium it's by far my worst performing in terms of win rate. Christmas teams though give me a headache it feels a struggle to get wins at the moment. The credit earning is awesome though. Win rate depressing (got my first mark from the tank which is some consolation) but I'm hitting my head against a wall...