Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sipher351

New build

30 posts in this topic

is Threadripper 1950x still worth it ? Thinking about picking one up, it's on sale near my area. I like to multitask a lot and something to kill my boredom over winter break.

7 hours ago, MAJEST1C said:

is Threadripper 1950x still worth it ? Thinking about picking one up, it's on sale near my area. I like to multitask a lot and something to kill my boredom over winter break.

Please open a seperate topic and describe what you are doing (multitasking) with your PC.

Made one minor tweak to the memory Folter selected ($10 USD more for 14 latency, why not?), and added in all the storage. I'm not too happy with the price but I have to remember that the monitor is almost 1/4 of it by itself so it's not as bad as I think. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3zcqYr

Not sure if you guys would know this, but I have a Windows 7 Home retail version that I did the free 10 upgrade on. Can I transfer that over? Google seems to give conflicting results.

If I do have to fork over for a new full copy of 10, is there any reason to go for Pro over Home? Gaming and media streaming to my PS3 are the only real use cases. 

2 hours ago, Sipher351 said:

Made one minor tweak to the memory Folter selected ($10 USD more for 14 latency, why not?), and added in all the storage.

That's fine as long as it doesn't break "your bank". Tighter timings from the manufacturer guaranties better bining and should result in greater OC headroom.

I'm not too happy with the price but I have to remember that the monitor is almost 1/4 of it by itself so it's not as bad as I think. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3zcqYr

In the pinned how-to-post topic here there is a link to things worth checking with a new monitor.

Not sure if you guys would know this, but I have a Windows 7 Home retail version that I did the free 10 upgrade on. Can I transfer that over? Google seems to give conflicting results.

If I do have to fork over for a new full copy of 10, is there any reason to go for Pro over Home? Gaming and media streaming to my PS3 are the only real use cases. 

Make a backup of your installation and extract the windows-key. It might be that you need that thing (MS telephon support/activation or similar things). BUt I'm not sure if it will work regardless.

2 hours ago, Folterknecht said:

In the pinned how-to-post topic here there is a link to things worth checking with a new monitor.

Ok, I'll make sure to run those tests and calibrations when I get the new one. Thanks!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0