Errants

WoT Encore results!

52 posts in this topic

Here we can show off our various e-peen (@Fulcrous) or lack thereof (@Luna) on running the WoT 1.0 test client!

 

wotencore_24_12_2017_12_28_02.jpg

Also, I'm an idiot, and can't use Imgur for shit to upload things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Desktop: MAfdtbL.png

Laptop: DvlZGvL.png

Note that GPUs make the primary difference in scores when CPU isn't a bottleneck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i7 4790k @ 4ghz, 16gb, 750ti gives me about 15,000 on Medium with TSAA. Sorry, uninstalled already and didn't save the screenshots. Honestly I think some of the Ultra level effects (sun flare especially) are distracting and a lot of folks will leave some of those extras off for gameplay reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Fulcrous said:

Note that GPUs make the primary difference in scores when CPU isn't a bottleneck.

 

So, owing that I'm looking at a rebuild/upgrade in the next few months... is it my GPU or CPU that's got me throttled, currently?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23 505 here on ultra, it's with GPU and CPU OC off atm since WoT is the only game I play and I play that on minimal anyway. Might consider switching to better graphics with the new engine however, lighting is still a very big issue for me and without it it kinda looks weird.. 

Specs are 7700K at 4,2Ghz 8MB. GTX 1070 and 16GB 3000Mhz RAM

 

My score is probably not valid anyway, I play on 2560x1440p in game and a DSR setting in the NVIDIA panel which boosts it up to x1,73 making the HUD much smaller (honestly think this is a bug from switching monitors from my DSR to 1440 on a 1080 screen, as HUD adjusted accordingly but res is proper) Everyone asks me how I got my HUD so small and compared to others on 1440p it is. The only explanation I have for it is this, and it's sure to tank my performance a bit. I'm certain that I'm not running WoT at 4K because that'd make my performance take a noteable hit as well

Edited by Kolni

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Errants said:

So, owing that I'm looking at a rebuild/upgrade in the next few months... is it my GPU or CPU that's got me throttled, currently?

i would say the 960 is the bottleneck - at least for the encore benchmark. I've seen better results off similar cpus but better gpus. give me a few to find it.

When I was on a 4690k I wasnt really experiencing bottlenecks in games with a 970/1070 before upgrading to 7700k.

7600k + 1060. 7600 is better than a 4690k but im sure it didnt result in the 5k gap in scores.

6mWlPX8.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kolni said:

My score is probably not valid anyway, I play on 2560x1440p in game and a DSR setting in the NVIDIA panel which boosts it up to x1,73 making the HUD much smaller (honestly think this is a bug from switching monitors from my DSR to 1440 on a 1080 screen, as HUD adjusted accordingly but res is proper) Everyone asks me how I got my HUD so small and compared to others on 1440p it is. The only explanation I have for it is this, and it's sure to tank my performance a bit. I'm certain that I'm not running WoT at 4K because that'd make my performance take a noteable hit as well

Wait, do you have 1080p or 1440p screen? What DSR does is offer you extra resolution options in-game, and if you run said higher resolution than your screen's native, downsamples the image (which makes it sharper, can bring outmore details/texture details and is a form of AA). If you don't set resolution ingame higher than your screen's res, then it doesn't do anything. So if you have 1440p screen and run 1440p ingame, DSR does not do anything. 

And yeah in most cases it fucks up the HUD because the HUD is rendered in higher resolution and has proper size in that resolution, but when scaled down it's smaller than it should be.

Last but not least WoT has no interface scaling, if you'd play on 640*480 the HUD would be massive, if on 4k it would be tiny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Errants said:

So, owing that I'm looking at a rebuild/upgrade in the next few months... is it my GPU or CPU that's got me throttled, currently?

GPU, 4690K is fine. Though a 960 should be fine, im surprised how low your score was actually. 

Upgrade to a 6GB 1060 or a 1070 is what Id do. (NOT a 3GB 1060)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was with me running all my odds and ends programs in the background, not a clean sample.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

alot of people forget how many different settings they will be able to turn down/off when this client releases tho, seeing ppl QQ all over Reddit and the official forums about how they wont be able to play WoT anymore b/c of this.

TBH WoT could have, and should have looked like this years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This doesn't look like a proper score for a 1080 comparing to @Fulcrous 1070 :( Maybe because I'm at 4k and it had to downscale?
 

wotencore_25_12_2017_00_43_33.png

 

@Siimcy yours looks even more off. Why only 21k compared to 1070s 25-26?! :O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kariverson said:

This doesn't look like a proper score for a 1080 comparing to @Fulcrous 1070 :( Maybe because I'm at 4k and it had to downscale?
 

wotencore_25_12_2017_00_43_33.png

 

@Siimcy yours looks even more off. Why only 21k compared to 1070s 25-26?! :O

I run it at 2560x1440 unlike most of the players who run it at 1080p, my monitor is a XB271HU, cost me more than my GPU. LUL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Siimcy said:

I run it at 2560x1440 unlike most of the players who run it at 1080p, my monitor is a XB271HU, cost me more than my GPU. LUL

Oh yes you're right, I missed the 1440p thing on the screenshot. I got pretty much 10k exactly on 4k. Looked stunning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, kariverson said:

This doesn't look like a proper score for a 1080 comparing to @Fulcrous 1070 :( Maybe because I'm at 4k and it had to downscale?
 

wotencore_25_12_2017_00_43_33.png

 

@Siimcy yours looks even more off. Why only 21k compared to 1070s 25-26?! :O

To be fair, I overclocked mine so its slightly below if not similar to a 1080 in performance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My ePeen is so small...

V1IO4PB.png

3 monitor setup with one showing just the desktop, one having an active Firefox with 7 tabs (the top one being a 1080p YouTube-video on pause). I only once noticed a slight hickup, when the tank drove into the water, killed the shitbarn and some random stuff exploded in the water, but even that was miles apart from the loading lag I currently get from spotting a tank. Got great confidence of running this without any issues (especially considering that there's a new computer coming my way in about three weeks).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hazzgar said:

Suck on this 

wotencore_24_12_2017_23_11_45.png

Dayum, that's @Luna levels of potato. Well done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Fulcrous said:

To be fair, I overclocked mine so its slightly below if not similar to a 1080 in performance.

I also got the new memory modules for the 1080s etc aka at 11gbps at out of the box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RealBattousai said:

Average epeen I guess...

Z0O7JB7.png

@Errants well there you have it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fulcrous said:

@Errants well there you have it.

Yes surprising I'm a little higher than him, when he has the better CPU and vid card, but I am running it off a Samsung SSD, not sure if that makes a difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.